Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How's your Dicor 2.2VTT ownership been (see 1st post for explanation)
No Issues 25 26.32%
Minor Niggles 50 52.63%
Major Issues 10 10.53%
What a pain 10 10.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 16:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
A king should always have issues - to continue the royal line.
Indeed, and they are always little in the beginning. With time they become the royal ones!
The king himself must have begun life as a little issue somewhere!

Last edited by anupmathur : 24th March 2009 at 16:53.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2009, 10:40   #107
BHPian

Agreed hrag: A king should always have issues.
But a king is generally allowed his fair share of idiosyncrasies (read niggles). Love? Loyalty? Pride?

I thought I should go back to the beginning of the thread and try and summarize. Did not make sense. If you look at almost all the posts on this thread (as with all safari threads), all arguments get clouded with emotion rendering ineffectiveness to the purpose with which the thread was started. I doubt if (I would love to be corrected) any other car stirs the same emotions in MEN. I too suffer this weakness, and it would help to make be candid about it. The safari is indeed treated very much like the above King with idiosyncrasies. All owners/potential owners love this machine too much to be bogged down by its niggles. This car is like the Enfield Bullet equivalent of the car world. It has issues, you would love it more if the issues were fixed, but you would still go ahead and satiate your desire. My Safari has been like a fussy girlfriend.. she is moody, consumes a lot of my time effort and money, cost of ownership is much more than the initial cost, fuel and service cost... But jhelna to parega. Still love bejewelling her with ICE, alloys, fat rubber, like gifts for a girlfriend... Love is blind, and men are weak in the flesh. My car still manages to make me smile.

But what is indeed encouraging is to hear fewer niggles in the 2.2.

My final 2 bits: Don't be a victim of analysis paralysis. If buying the car is going to make you happy, just buy it and enjoy it. Just remember to keep your expectations right. There is more to a car than kmpl, bhp, torque, 0-60, quarter mile. Not how many miles you cover in it, but how many smiles you have in it.
hkborah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2009, 12:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Well, the buying decision is put off for now - the bad economy and financial prudence have taken their toll. But the thread is starting to serve its purpose - buyers are free to decide whether they're ok with niggles, and there seem to be not too many major/show stopper issues. One can argue both ways, but one must decide for one's own self, and a good data point is very useful for that.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:23   #109
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Sun, are you redefining the term "no issues"?
You've listed half a dozen little niggles but opted to call them no issues!

LOL, you can STILL love your car even though it has minor issues.
Sorry anup, couldn't answer you earlier, actually I am not redefining the term, but considering that many people had very serious trouble unlike my safari, like power steering going kaput in middle of nowhere, loss of power, turbo hose coming off, etc and considering that all my troubles were rectified except may be the minor squeaks, i guess mine would go as no issues.

and loving a car has nothing to do with the issues related to it, why do you think I bought a 10 year old design, which is to undergo a visual remake ? because I loved it and it was, so to say my dream machine. Now that I can cope up with a little more time wasted for the not so infrequent A.S.S visit, I went in for the safari and am not regretting it either..

and I use my safari mainly on the highways, during our leisure trips.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkborah View Post
Agreed hrag:
My final 2 bits: Don't be a victim of analysis paralysis. If buying the car is going to make you happy, just buy it and enjoy it. Just remember to keep your expectations right. There is more to a car than kmpl, bhp, torque, 0-60, quarter mile. Not how many miles you cover in it, but how many smiles you have in it.
I think this sums it up really well. I will just add one thing here, rational thoughts and emotions normally never cross roads, we most of the time make a mix of both ratio varies from person to person. Learned people call this mixing process a compromise :-)
Old 21st March 2010, 00:13   #111
BHPian

Will the BSIV Safari be trouble free compared to the niggles found in the earlier versions / I know that it is difficult to predict but are there any changes in the other components other than the engine which would be BSIV ?
Old 21st March 2010, 08:20   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was looking at the poll results and some of the folks on the no issues vote have subsequently have had minor to major issues. Guess it is too late to change the vote :-)
Old 21st March 2010, 09:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, only the EGR is different. Bhpian Kaviprem has bought a BSIV Safari VX by the way.
Old 26th July 2012, 23:42   #114
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Reliability Poll

Service center visits every 3-4 months for fix rattling doors/windows, Switches not working, lights not working etc etc. Never stranded me on the road, no major breakdowns, But the experience is enough to stay away from a Tata product.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:43   #115
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Reliability Poll

I voted for no issues.But how is 'no issues' really practical in something which is an amalgamation of mechanical parts?It has been a little more than two years and close to 50k kms of my 2.2 vtt ownership.The biggest issue I faced till now has been my left passenger window in the front not closing up properly.It closes fully,but it is slow and takes a couple of attempts to close it up fully.TASS tried to fix it once. It worked well for a couple of months and reappeared again.But it is still not such a pain.There have been a number of other issues,but lesser in magnituded compared to the above.So it is really not a 'no issues' vehicle.But which vehicle isn't.I voted for 'no issues' because it didnt cause any trouble which is painful and expensive.I have really been enjoying the ownership till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks