Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 18:14   #16
BHPian

Great to hear that your Baleno has been going strong. I have a 2006 Baleno LXi with 25k on the odo.
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

My Baleno is also 2005 model (57k Kms now). Last three services have cost a total of Rs 6K (aprox 2 k per service average).
Mileage in city has always been between 12 -14 kmpl...with 15+ on highways sometimes. I have taken it around a bit from hyderabad to Kolkata, Hyd-Mumbai (twice), Hyd-Coorg, Hyd-Bangalore, Hyd-Gokarna/goa, Hyd-Hampi (many times..lost count) ..and the gem never failed me or missed a bit anywhere.!!
Old 24th November 2009, 16:38   #18
BHPian

EDIT:60K Done now !!!!!

Back with a 60,000 Kms short report.

Gave it for a service yesterday (Sathnur Service Station @yelahanka) with the following done: Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Spark plugs change, New brake pads, water pump belt and general check up.The total bill was 6200 with the brake pads being the costlier - 2900.

But the car is sounding the same way as before. Very smooth and fun to drive. It is hard to say that it has done 60K.

Actually the past 4 days before i gave it to service, I had been travelling to srirangam/chintalavadi(karur). The roads were excellent on NH7 till namakkal. from there, the state highway towards srirangam thru musiri is ok, but little bad on some patches. on NH7 even if i did not want, the average speed would have been 100 easily. I reached 140-150 max though for a very short duration.

The one and only problem I have encountered so far in this car is GC ! The humps especially near the railway crossings are a pain and it touches the underbody.

Come 2010, it will be a test to this beauty as I am planning to take it to Leh sometime in august. Once i start planning will start a seperate thread. I hope the car sounds the same even after that ordeal.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:51   #19
BHPian

I used to crib about the GC too with my stock R13 rims, I moved to R14's recently and do not have a problem anymore with GC.

I keep telling my family, that I will drive my Baleno till the Engine drops from the Bay.!!!
Old 24th November 2009, 22:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
My Baleno is also 2005 model (57k Kms now). Last three services have cost a total of Rs 6K (aprox 2 k per service average).
Air filter and engine oil will be replaced at every service, which itself will cost around 1.5k (oil 3.5 liters@Rs.735, Air Filter@Rs.810). Generally service costs will be in the range of Rs.750/-... cost of these 3 mandatory items itself jumps above Rs.2k... How did u manage within 2k?
Old 25th November 2009, 15:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very well maintained. Does Baleno has ACC? its a news to me.
Anyways good to see the interiors. What leather was that & how much did it cost? Have any thoughts of FFE & K&N. If so pls do justice to the beauty in adding them.
Can't wait to here the growl.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Very well maintained. Does Baleno has ACC? its a news to me.
Anyways good to see the interiors. What leather was that & how much did it cost? Have any thoughts of FFE & K&N. If so pls do justice to the beauty in adding them.
Can't wait to here the growl.
Mine does not have a ACC. i guess the Vxi from Oct-Nov 2005 had ACC.(Mine was july 2005).
I have a K&N stock replacement air filter. But no plan yet for the FFE. I guess
the only upgrade I can think of right now is get a 14 inch swift rim and then put a 185/70 (or is it 185/75) tyres, to get the GC needed for the Leh trip. But 2 of my present tyres(185/70R13) are just 10K kms old.

The leather is art leather for the seats but the steering, gear knob and door pads are real leather. it was done in pensee leathers(J P Nagar, behind south city). I think it costed about 7K.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:22   #23
BHPian

Very neatly maintained vehicle friend. Love those interiors. Lovely vehicle.

@ Ramsagar: Balenos (vxi trim) manufactured from end 2005 had Automatic Climate Control.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
the only upgrade I can think of right now is get a 14 inch swift rim and then put a 185/70 (or is it 185/75) tyres, to get the GC needed for the Leh trip. But 2 of my present tyres(185/70R13) are just 10K kms old.
Its 185/65 for 14" rims or 195/60/R14... I went through the 185 or 195 dilemma while upgrading the tyres and went for 195...
Old 26th November 2009, 12:34   #25
BHPian

Nice to see your car is doing great. Keep posting updates. It's a rare specy now.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

195 is the apt choice. nice mantained. interior is a bit chocolatey..but very clean. enjoy many more happy miles.
Old 26th November 2009, 18:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

From an ex-owner who considered the baleno to be his 2nd love.

Quote:
Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Spark plugs change, New brake pads, water pump belt and general check up.The total bill was 6200 with the brake pads being the costlier - 2900.
Brake pad replacement is suggested ever 30-35k kms and the price seems high. From what I remember the last time I had changed on my car it was about 1850/-Rs(inclusive of taxes) . So you might want to reconfirm if only the pads were changed and nothing else.

Quote:
Actually the past 4 days before i gave it to service, I had been travelling to srirangam/chintalavadi(karur). The roads were excellent on NH7 till namakkal. from there, the state highway towards srirangam thru musiri is ok, but little bad on some patches. on NH7 even if i did not want, the average speed would have been 100 easily. I reached 140-150 max though for a very short duration.
Just a word of advice , not the best thing to do with those puny 165's. Their braking is simply horrendous and not worth the risk.

Quote:
The one and only problem I have encountered so far in this car is GC ! The humps especially near the railway crossings are a pain and it touches the underbody.

Come 2010, it will be a test to this beauty as I am planning to take it to Leh sometime in august. Once i start planning will start a seperate thread. I hope the car sounds the same even after that ordeal.
You know what to do, go for an upsize and if possible get stiffer suspensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Air filter and engine oil will be replaced at every service, which itself will cost around 1.5k (oil 3.5 liters@Rs.735, Air Filter@Rs.810). Generally service costs will be in the range of Rs.750/-... cost of these 3 mandatory items itself jumps above Rs.2k...
Surprise since you have just picked up a baleno, why don't you consider shifting to Synthetic Oil. Not an absolute necessity for a stock car, but still there aint no harm in letting an already rev' hungry G16B to rev more freely . Its expensive however will run for good 7-8kms without a fuss. I speak from experience because my normal service bills was always at around 750Rs+ taxes.

Quote:
Its 185/65 for 14" rims or 195/60/R14... I went through the 185 or 195 dilemma while upgrading the tyres and went for 195...
I have driven with that size and no problems what-so-ever.
Old 26th November 2009, 18:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Brake pad replacement is suggested ever 30-35k kms and the price seems high. From what I remember the last time I had changed on my car it was about 1850/-Rs(inclusive of taxes) . So you might want to reconfirm if only the pads were changed and nothing else.

Just a word of advice , not the best thing to do with those puny 165's. Their braking is simply horrendous and not worth the risk.
Yes, but i had not replaced till 60K. somehow the mass guy also did not tell me when i had done 35 or 40K service. The rate seems to be ok, it was the same price in rns and bimal too, when i enquired ! in fact about 300 more.

i am running now 185/70R13. so a little stable than 165's
Old 29th November 2009, 03:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Air filter and engine oil will be replaced at every service, which itself will cost around 1.5k (oil 3.5 liters@Rs.735, Air Filter@Rs.810). Generally service costs will be in the range of Rs.750/-... cost of these 3 mandatory items itself jumps above Rs.2k... How did u manage within 2k?
I dont remember changing air Filter at every service...Oil Filter and Fuel filter yes..but not Air filter...and while the service costs might be higher now, it used to be 578 Rs.

I now have Mobil 1 in my car..a bit expensive but the car revvs really freely now!
Old 1st December 2009, 09:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But no plan yet for the FFE.
Pls do plan for FFE from Raj, the famous buy in B'lore. You would love to enjoy the throttle during your trip to Leh.

Quote:
The leather is art leather for the seats but the steering, gear knob and door pads are real leather. it was done in pensee leathers(J P Nagar, behind south city). I think it costed about 7K.
The fit & finish is really good. And well maintained.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 1st December 2009 at 09:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks