Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 23:37   #16
BHPian

nice review, but still to me it seems a nice Truck, hehe. of course for what tata offered earlier at least now one can work in style. Though quality compromise is a matter of regular occurance for the products available in India by Tata.
Old 9th March 2009, 23:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kaushik thanks a lot for the review. As I'm intending to upgrade to aSUV, the Xenon had poped in the choice radar but reading your review, don't know whether its worth even TD'ng it or not.
Old 10th March 2009, 00:05   #18
BHPian

A Thumbs up! (for the review of course)

You have a lovely way of putting the facts, mate! Absolutely enjoyed the review. Hope you write more logs in the same vein.

Ranjith
Old 10th March 2009, 00:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review with a style to match. Brilliant narration.
Old 10th March 2009, 00:42   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikz View Post
Driving the Xenon on crowded streets has quite the same effect on your ego as the Blue Pill.
Already reached that far, eh?!

Kaushikz, you have a wonderful way with words, which made for immensely enjoyable reading. Essentially, what you tried to say was that ... enjoy the Xenon's exterior, but dont forget the blindfold before you pole-vault your way in.
Old 10th March 2009, 01:25   #21
Team-BHP Support

Enjoyable review @Kaushikz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Kaushik thanks a lot for the review. As I'm intending to upgrade to aSUV, the Xenon had poped in the choice radar but reading your review, don't know whether its worth even TD'ng it or not.
IMO the Xenon is a niche vehicle without any competitor in that segment. If you like pickups then you should have a look at it. I have no problem with bland interiors or not up to par interiors in a pickup truck, what I should be more concerned about is the reliability.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:30   #22
BHPian

Is this another Yeti in the making ? short and sweet and has passed the message out pretty well too. Good work Kaushikz
Old 10th March 2009, 10:07   #23
BHPian

great review kaushik. really enjoyed reading it . Those alloys looks small to me. Have you got more pics of the XENON?
Old 10th March 2009, 11:19   #24
BHPian

A really nice review, a question here. Has Tata started selling this car yet, if so then at what price?
Old 10th March 2009, 11:36   #25
BHPian

you have done the icing for the cake perfectly...nice write up!!
coudnt get the savor the cake much..so more pics please!!
Old 10th March 2009, 12:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Oh God, your style is unique - ROTFL; really enjoyed reading that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So Xenon is that bad? Hmm, I thought it would be a step up from Safari.
Well, depends on your expectations. This is a pick-up after all & the first "lifestyle" offering - if you expect the Ford "F" series quality, you're gonna be real disappointed

This one definitely needs larger alloys & better interiors but from what Khaadu told me, its one hell of a looker (which we can all see), handled reasonably well on whatever broken road surfaces he tried it on & is bloody quick off the blocks (300 kgs lighter than the Safari & the same power).
Old 10th March 2009, 12:36   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

wonderful review, hope you continue writting in similar TD's for all cars announced in the future.

The review overshadowed the car.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Disparaging news for egg traders. And even worse news for the Indian automobile scene.

They could've done wonders with this thing. But it takes great skill to muff up this badly. It just shows that the people who designed the damn thing never actually drove the prototype. A callous lack of consideration and a glaring lack of concern

Killer killer read Kaushik
Old 10th March 2009, 12:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Kaushik, very good write up! well laced with humour!
Loved every word of it! Keep it up!
Do continue your writing binges..surely your strength!!
Old 10th March 2009, 13:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Disparaging news for egg traders. And even worse news for the Indian automobile scene.
Why so? It is a five-seater, four-wheel drive truck of obviously large dimensions. The plastic quality may be pretty bad when compared to cars of the same price point, but what is the price of the nearest 4wd with better plastics? About twice the price of this one?

While it is tempting to compare it with other vehicles in this price point - which are basically cramped cars - one must compare the vehicle with others of its ilk and then talk about price.

I think its a decent truck at 9 lakhs with a 205mm (fully laden) ground clearance, 4WD and usable load space as well as passenger space. My crib is about the leaf springs in the rear - unfortunately all reviews have preferred to concentrate on plastic quality rather than ride quality. If I were looking at buying this vehicle, ride quality, off-roadability and space would be more important than plastics inside. We dont know about these yet - we know plenty about the plastics from khaadu and kaushik.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks