Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:03   #91
Senior - BHPian

I like the looks of this vehicle a lot. Especially with that lights on top, the one parked inside the Kulathunkal Showroom is quite a looker.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:03   #92

Lol this is fantastic review, Kaushik.
When will Tatas and Mahindras of great India get things right at first go???
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:46   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Does your owners manual say LSD for 4x2? If so, then its LSD.
What I meant is that you should go by what owners manual says, because thats the rulebook when it comes to maintenance.
The owner's manual is vague, it's does not mention anything about the 4x2 vehicle having LSD or not, The axial oil used on both vehicle is same 85w140, 2.2 Liter rear and 1.2 L front [no mention of 2wd not having front diff]. As i said too vague to be sure, TATA wants us to find out for ourselves.If not let the dealer charger unsuspecting customers for front diff oil even to 2wd owner.I know most of the owners of this vehicle will have knowledge of this but, same goes to other vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I would like to differ on that one. With some serious back ground in marketing in the Automobile Industry, I can tell you that the TATA wouldn't commit that kind of blunder in its product brochure which is the first point of product information for the customer.

The same cannot be said about the owners manual, where in a single standard version is printed. So small additions don't exactly get incorporated.

Also considering the number of Xenons TATA would be selling, they might have decided to go with single differential type.

Will contact TATA fellows and confirm
Not necessary buddy, thats why there is a small line that says 'colour and specification are subjective and can change without notice'

Comapnies sale a car worth lacs of rupees but can't give a model specific manual worth couple of hunders even at retials price.
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:39   #94
BHPian

LOL Hilarious review!

The xenon is a new concept I guess in India. An upmarket pickup truck.
Old 3rd April 2009, 01:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
LOL Hilarious review!

Buddy this not a new concept there are vehicles[TL from TATA,getaway from M&M] in the market in this segment only thing is they are so Upmarket that no one can see them.

Last edited by dinar : 3rd April 2009 at 01:33.
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pole_position View Post
Lol this is fantastic review, Kaushik.
When will Tatas and Mahindras of great India get things right at first go???
These guys are on their learning curve and have been making cars only for the last 10 years whereas others have been on it for a much longer time, some even for 100 years. But one thing is surely appreciable is that both M&M and TATA have "mostly" never shied away from coming up with V2 if V1 was not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Buddy this not a new concept there are vehicles[TL from TATA,getaway from M&M] in the market in this segment only thing is they are so Upmarket that no one can see them.
I guess pricepoint as well as consumer perceptions need to change in order for these vehicles to gain some traction in the market
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Xenon Brochure which clearly states that LSD is available on the 4x2 as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf xenon-brochure.pdf (2.22 MB, 755 views)
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:23   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is the Xenon Brochure which clearly states that LSD is available on the 4x2 as well.
Which page has that info?
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Which page has that info?
Last Page which has the check list.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:02   #100
Team-BHP Support

Oh ok, got it. I guess an inspection of the diff can tell in case of 4x2 whether its LSD or normal
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:57   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The bread-and-butter for the Xenon production will come from exports. Any additional sales in India will be welcome 'dressing'.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:29   #102

Quote:
These guys are on their learning curve and have been making cars only for the last 10 years whereas others have been on it for a much longer time, some even for 100 years. But one thing is surely appreciable is that both M&M and TATA have "mostly" never shied away from coming up with V2 if V1 was not right.
Sorry for OT.
I think both of these reputed companies have been making vehicles for longer than you mentioned. Tata started making trucks around 1950s or something. While I agree that was a truck, I expect everyone to understand the improvements that could have been done and technologies mastered.
About coming up with newer/updated/solved version of vehicles. Well correct me if I am wrong but wont they be out of business OR the (famous) brand image get a royal beating if they did not get a V2 or whatever they want to call it out. See overall I would like to benifite from what is being done by these houses just like everyone wants to. Instead what we get after spending a million rupee?? We feel its a half baked stuff or half effort by maker. Not good for Indian scene, I think.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:56   #103
BHPian

I checked out the Xenon at Cargo Motors yesterday. I plan to play truant from office today and terrorise the denizens of SG Highway, will post a review.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:27   #104
BHPian

Xenon is one butch truck but as you said a little more cabin space and top notch interiors would have turned its fortune the other way.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:56   #105
BHPian

how does this compare with TL 4X4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks