Team-BHP - Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/56553-fiat-palio-stile-multijet-196-000-km-9-years-8-months-up-edit-sold-palio-lover-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan0677 (Post 2149804)
I got aerotwin for driver side and normal for passenger side. aerotwin is quite expensive.

Does an Aerotwin blade fit into a regular wiper arm? Can you post pictures as to how it looks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by architect (Post 2149838)
Does an Aerotwin blade fit into a regular wiper arm? Can you post pictures as to how it looks?

Yes! It fits.
I am traveling. Will try and post pics once back home.

To explain in words, the most significant difference is the aerotwin does not have a rigid frame.

So, if you lift the wiper off the front windshield, it will bend due to gravity, becoming like a C. Once inc contact with windshield it straightens out.
To be honest, in 2 months usage havet noticed benefit for the differential cost paid.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2149015)
Has anyone got Bosch wiper blades for Palio Stile?

Hi there,

I have BOSCH wipers fitted on my SDX, 24" / 16" size. though I am not at all happy with the performance, mine are about 4 months old.

Will soon be replacing the same with silicon content wipers available at Reliance Autozone for 1400rs.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 2150067)
Hi there,

I have BOSCH wipers fitted on my SDX, 24" / 16" size. though I am not at all happy with the performance, mine are about 4 months old.

Will soon be replacing the same with silicon content wipers available at Reliance Autozone for 1400rs.

Cheers.

Did you measure the stock wipers before fitting Bosch? My SDX currently has 24" and 18" (stock)..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2150142)
Did you measure the stock wipers before fitting Bosch? My SDX currently has 24" and 18" (stock)..

Yeah I did that, but I was left with no choice as BOSCH set are only available in 24" and 16" ratio.

Which brand is sold in Reliance autozone? Have u come across any reviews?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 2150855)
Yeah I did that, but I was left with no choice as BOSCH set are only available in 24" and 16" ratio.

Even I changed the wipers to Bosch. Yes, we get only 16" and 24". But I find them OK. You won't notice the difference much as far as the shorter length is concerned. However, the wipers work much better than the stock Syndicate. I paid Rs 320 or so for both, here in Hyderabad.

24/16 works perfect, using aerotwins on my palio

Quote:

Originally Posted by lejhoom (Post 2151856)
Even I changed the wipers to Bosch. Yes, we get only 16" and 24". But I find them OK. You won't notice the difference much as far as the shorter length is concerned. However, the wipers work much better than the stock Syndicate. I paid Rs 320 or so for both, here in Hyderabad.

Pardon me, but is that price for aerotwins?

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan0677 (Post 2152972)
Pardon me, but is that price for aerotwins?

Cheers

I am not sure if they are aerotwins. Didn't care to see the packing. Bosch name is imprinted on them. I cat get the name and contact no. of the shop here in Hyderabad, if you need.

Sorry to go off-topic but today, after 55,000 km, I got the best urban FE ever: 21.06 kpl. I love winters. In summers, the FE never goes beyond 18 kpl in any cycle (my typical cycle for a week is 250-400 km), but in winters it hovers between 19 and 20. 21 kpl is good, just below its best ever FE of 23 kpl.

Hi Guys
want to ask this to mjd owners....recently I had to change the AC Condenser as it got cracked(possibly due to some stone/bump hit at the bottom when my friend used my car!!!)fortunately the same was replaced under ext warranty(had to pay only for the labour and gas @2500).Consequent to that I heard some noise when turning at slow speeds from the suspension,after inspection it was the broken ball n socket joint that created the noice and as a bonus they(TAFE REACH) also found the oil sump deformed.The second set of findings cost me @10000.But after all this I hear a peculiar noise and increased vibration from the engine.When I reported the same the A.S.S guys informed me that along with the new oil sump the oil strainer had to removed and refixed and that would create some noise!!I am unable to buy this reason.Guys please let me know if any of you experienced similar problems or can help me by discussing the same with A.S.S at your resp.places.Thanks in advance!!Happy motoring..Long live Palio spares!!

Without hearing the sound, I can't really say anything about it. I doubt if any A.S.S. will comment either. Why don't you take it to another A.S.S. (Concorde?) or a good independent garage in your city for a second opinion?

@ architect

When you machined the discs you should have replaced the pads too, its all a set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 2255735)
@ architect

When you machined the discs you should have replaced the pads too, its all a set.

Despite having done nearly 30,000 km, the brake pads still had some life left. I agree that by machining the discs, the pads would become less effective.

In any case, the pads were replaced about 2 months later, as part of a crazy day on which 5 A.S.S. together contributed (or failed to contribute) to make my trip to Lucknow a success. More on that in my 3 year review coming soon.