Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/57407-ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-100-000-kms-update-14th-service-6.html)

Unni, congrats on crossing the 30k mark. Nice to see you burn the fuel & scorch the roads at every available opportunity - way to go man:thumbs up

Nice pics as well:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1610835)
Back from a home-town drive. On the way back, I crossed the 30k kms mark. In fact, if things go as planned, I've another 1500-1600kms round trip coming up towards end of Dec. Adding miles and loving it. Touched 150kmph today, just to celebrate the 30k mark!! :D

+
You are driving and driving more miles to keep the car's odometer running fast? Lol

Touched 150kmph - beware of the cops standing at the corner under the shade of a tree:D. Remember, Shaju paid rs.300 to the cops last week for overspeeding? and he decided to stop having dal for one month to compensate this penalty amount:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1611454)
Unni, congrats on crossing the 30k mark. Nice to see you burn the fuel & scorch the roads at every available opportunity - way to go man:thumbs up

Nice pics as well:)

Thanks a lot Sumanji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1611480)
+
You are driving and driving more miles to keep the car's odometer running fast? Lol

Touched 150kmph - beware of the cops standing at the corner under the shade of a tree:D. Remember, Shaju paid rs.300 to the cops last week for overspeeding? and he decided to stop having dal for one month to compensate this penalty amount:Frustrati

I try my best to keep the odo spinning!! The 150kmph was done on Salem - Hosur 4lane. I'm not aware of speed guns on that road. Hope they dont come up with it.

Congrats for crossing 30 K on the odo, Unni----mine just crossed 19.3 K today.

Looks like your urge to p.e.e. on state borders is keeping miles munching!!:uncontrol

Hey Unni, nice write-up. Do you look for mileage also. Initially you mentioned that you were driving below 90's so you will be geeting a good mileage. can you please share your mileage figures also. i think that is the only thing missing out from your logs :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1612084)
Congrats for crossing 30 K on the odo, Unni----mine just crossed 19.3 K today.

Looks like your urge to p.e.e. on state borders is keeping miles munching!!:uncontrol

Thanks. lol: The urge sure does help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 1612307)
Hey Unni, nice write-up. Do you look for mileage also. Initially you mentioned that you were driving below 90's so you will be geeting a good mileage. can you please share your mileage figures also. i think that is the only thing missing out from your logs :)

Thanks Anumod. Now a days I keep it between 90-100kmph. Thats where I'm most comfortable. I used to relegiously check mileage till about 25k kms. At that time I was getting about 18-19kmpl for my highway drives, with 100% AC on. A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone. Going by the kms covered between tank fulls, I think I'm still getting 18-19kmpl.

Congrats Unni. Many more miles of happy driving :thumbs up

Just got my Fiesta back from first service. Will write my experiences in the first 5000kms soon.

So far went up to 140 kmph only. It's time to slam that pedal i guess :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by oss (Post 1612899)
Congrats Unni. Many more miles of happy driving :thumbs up

Just got my Fiesta back from first service. Will write my experiences in the first 5000kms soon.

So far went up to 140 kmph only. It's time to slam that pedal i guess :D

Thanks OSS. You can start treating your car normally now. Enjoy!! Looking forward to your drive experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1612880)
A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone.

Oh, yeah! Dont remind me of that trip. :D

The mileage all you diesel folks get in return really makes me jealous, and makes me wanna switch to a diesel vehicle. The purse complains when tanking up with a petrol vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1614752)
Oh, yeah! Dont remind me of that trip. :D

The mileage all you diesel folks get in return really makes me jealous, and makes me wanna switch to a diesel vehicle. The purse complains when tanking up with a petrol vehicle.

Is that why you have not travelled with me ever since!!! lol:

Buy a diesel Benny boy, you need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1612880)
Thanks. lol: The urge sure does help.

A good amount of my kms are B'lore - Alleppey trips. On such trips, I switch off the car only after I reach home, if I'm driving alone..

Hey Unni,

That's astonishing, more than 12 hours sitting in a stretch. I can't drive for more than 4 hours without taking a break for 15 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 1620609)
Hey Unni,

That's astonishing, more than 12 hours sitting in a stretch. I can't drive for more than 4 hours without taking a break for 15 minutes.

It all depends on the road. If the roads are bad, I take more breaks. I hate stopping on the way to eat during my B'lore - Alleppey trips, so carry some chocolates and biscuits in the car. Saves time. :)

Hi unni,

My friends used to take the Kumily route for Alleppey (Both ambalappuzha and Alleppey). Do you take Palaghad route.

They were saying that Palaghad route you can't take much speed eventhough Kumily route is longer it takes less time.

I am from Kanjirappally and I always take Kumily route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 1622492)
Hi unni,

My friends used to take the Kumily route for Alleppey (Both ambalappuzha and Alleppey). Do you take Palaghad route.

They were saying that Palaghad route you can't take much speed eventhough Kumily route is longer it takes less time.

I am from Kanjirappally and I always take Kumily route.

I've never taken the Kumily route yet and always have taken Palghat route except once, when I went via Mysore - Perinthelmanna route. Read in the forum that Kumily route is pretty good. For Kanjirapally its better to take Kumily route. I'll be around that area during Xmas!!

The roads thru Palghat have improved and I take under 11hrs to cover 625kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1624529)
I've never taken the Kumily route yet and always have taken Palghat route except once, when I went via Mysore - Perinthelmanna route. Read in the forum that Kumily route is pretty good. For Kanjirapally its better to take Kumily route. I'll be around that area during Xmas!!

The roads thru Palghat have improved and I take under 11hrs to cover 625kms.

Ok then its good. I take normally less than 10 hours to cover 570 KM with a couple of breaks in between. Starting from Madiwala at 6 and reaches Kanjirappally by 4

This X'mas I am in HYD only