Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/57407-ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-100-000-kms-update-14th-service-8.html)

Unni, glad to see you munching more and more miles, now you are making me envy, it is fun to drive Fiesta, when I upgraded from Santro to Fiesta my road running dropped and air running (air travel) increased, but whatever time I have spent with Fiesta (5000 kms till date), it is really worth and fun to be behind the steering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1702157)
The wheel alignment job does not seem to have gone that well. The readings in the print out are all perfect, but the vehicle pulls to the left slightly. On a flat road, I need to dial in a bit of right steer to have the vehicle track straight. Will've to get it checked again this weekend.

Over the last weekend I had a drive down to Aleppey (yet again!!) and had a slight mishap on the way. Somewhere after Dharmapuri area, I was giving way to an Innova by moving to the left lane and ran into concrete blocks kept across the left lane. Oh and this was supposedly a warning for a broken down lorry in the left lane, maybe about 250-300metres after the stones were placed :Frustrati

I was doing about 90-100kmph at that time and was only able to brake and steer in such a way that none of the tyres hit the blocks. However, one of the them hit the under body and lower arm, and I'm left with a broken plastic cowl (no idea what is inside the cowl). There was no oil leak or loss of handling and hence continued on my journey. Thankfuly, the lower arm took the hit well and is not damaged. In retrospect, it was my fault that I missed the stones. I should've been more worried about what is in front of me than worry about following manners on the road!!

So you are frequenting your home more too often these days :) U geting that much leaves or weekend runs?

Good see ur fiesta doing well with so much highway travel, i guess thats the reason for the diesel variant. Yup, saw ur posts only today :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshvin (Post 1702878)
Unni, glad to see you munching more and more miles, now you are making me envy, it is fun to drive Fiesta, when I upgraded from Santro to Fiesta my road running dropped and air running (air travel) increased, but whatever time I have spent with Fiesta (5000 kms till date), it is really worth and fun to be behind the steering.

Thanks Rajesh. I had planned a trip to Pune this month, but it has been put off since I've lots of travel coming up over the initial part of Feb '09. But, I wont be flying, I'll be driving!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1703391)
So you are frequenting your home more too often these days :) U geting that much leaves or weekend runs?

Good see ur fiesta doing well with so much highway travel, i guess thats the reason for the diesel variant. Yup, saw ur posts only today :)

Good to see you here Maverick! Its mostly weekend runs with a day or two of leave thrown in. I drive through the night so that I can be in office during day. Diesel does help a lot. I can't imagine doing these runs on Petrol, the costs would have been exorbitant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1703510)
Thanks Rajesh. I had planned a trip to Pune this month, but it has been put off since I've lots of travel coming up over the initial part of Feb '09. But, I wont be flying, I'll be driving!! :D

Good to see you here Maverick! Its mostly weekend runs with a day or two of leave thrown in. I drive through the night so that I can be in office during day. Diesel does help a lot. I can't imagine doing these runs on Petrol, the costs would have been exorbitant.

Good! we should do a trip together on 4 wheels now after the 2 wheel adventure long time back :) we have a 3 day long weekend coming up in feb i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1703541)
Good! we should do a trip together on 4 wheels now after the 2 wheel adventure long time back :) we have a 3 day long weekend coming up in feb i guess.

I'm game. Just let me know when.

I don't tour on 2-wheelers anymore. So used to the comfort of 4 wheels now!! :D

Quote:

...I drive through the night so that I can be in office during day.....

I have heard lots of advices against night runs on our highways due to its inherent dangers (read 'Truckers'). How do you manage?
Also how are you fresh at office after a tiring all-night run?!!:Shockked:

Unni, that tyre which had uneven wear from the rear of your car... Where in the front did you get it fitted? Left or right? And the worn out portion is towards the inside or the outside of the car?

How is your stepney?

Also, the tyres that come on the Fiesta are different from the ZVTS which comes on the Ikon. The Fiesta comes with ZV2K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1703556)
Unni, that tyre which had uneven wear from the rear of your car... Where in the front did you get it fitted? Left or right? And the worn out portion is towards the inside or the outside of the car?

IIRC, he had mentioned on the phone then that the worn out portion would be facing the outside now. Guess that could explain the pulling effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 1703555)
I have heard lots of advices against night runs on our highways due to its inherent dangers (read 'Truckers'). How do you manage?
Also how are you fresh at office after a tiring all-night run?!!:Shockked:

Yes, night drives involve lot more risks than day drives. I've found that truckers for most part are well behaved! It is the tour buses (inter-state operators) and other LCVs that are a nuisance mostly.

Who said anything about being fresh in office!! I come into office by about 1300hrs, so usually manage to catch a nap after I reach B'lore, before coming into office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1703556)

How is your stepney?

Also, the tyres that come on the Fiesta are different from the ZVTS which comes on the Ikon. The Fiesta comes with ZV2K.

Nikki boy, I was just going to PM you!

The tyre with uneven wear in on the front left now, with the worn out tread on the outside. Stepney is good and unused. In fact wanted to check with you whether we can look at using the stepney, and move the tyre with unever wear as stepney. Yes, you are right about ZV2K. I had planned on changing it here, but then missed out somehow. Sharp eyes Nikhil!! :)

@Benny, spot on!

Quote:

Unni, if you come to Pune in near future please PM me, If I am in Pune I would like to meet you and have lunch or dinner with you (you will be my guest), even If I'm elsewhere I'll manage to be in Pune during your visit.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1703581)
... I've found that truckers for most part are well behaved....

"Well behaved trucker" is an oxymoron. I guess you have been lucky till now to have avoided these idiots. Not so a fellow-tbhpian who bore the brunt of such a moron's recklessness....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ed-sunset.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshvin (Post 1703694)
Unni, if you come to Pune in near future please PM me, If I am in Pune I would like to meet you and have lunch or dinner with you (you will be my guest), even If I'm elsewhere I'll manage to be in Pune during your visit.

Thanks,

Done deal Rajesh. I will surely PM you before I make the trip so that we can catch up. Thank you. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 1703743)
"Well behaved trucker" is an oxymoron. I guess you have been lucky till now to have avoided these idiots. Not so a fellow-tbhpian who bore the brunt of such a moron's recklessness....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ed-sunset.html

Yes, I have seen that thread. You can say I've been lucky, have had my share of close calls etc. With my limited experience on the highways, I find that long distance truckers are much more well mannered than the local truckers. Sand ladden trucks or tippers are a pain for sure, but they are mostly local.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 1702157)
The wheel alignment job does not seem to have gone that well. The readings in the print out are all perfect, but the vehicle pulls to the left slightly. On a flat road, I need to dial in a bit of right steer to have the vehicle track straight. Will've to get it checked again this weekend.

In fact, the wheel alignment job done earlier was spot on. It was the tyre that was misbehaving. Went to Madhus (Nikhil's place) to get it checked, and as I thought, alignment readings came out as correct. They inter-changed the front tyres and we went for a test. The car started pulling to the left. Came back and moved both the front tyres to the back and vice-versa. Now, no drag to the left.

Thanks Nikhil. I owe you one. :thumbs up

@unni

Even I feel my Fiesta has a slight drift towards left which I had showed to the dealer immediately after delivery. The dealer had got it checked at a third party aligner and the results were OK. Even after that I am experiencing the drift. Plan to get it rechecked during my first service due in second week of Feb. Do I also have to check the tyres for any worn out signs. Will the tyre swap rectify the issue. My odo reads 2500kms. Pls advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 1711392)
@unni

Even I feel my Fiesta has a slight drift towards left which I had showed to the dealer immediately after delivery. The dealer had got it checked at a third party aligner and the results were OK. Even after that I am experiencing the drift. Plan to get it rechecked during my first service due in second week of Feb. Do I also have to check the tyres for any worn out signs. Will the tyre swap rectify the issue. My odo reads 2500kms. Pls advise.

If alignment results are coming up ok, do check the tyres for wear. Just switch the left front tyre to right front, and do a test drive. See if it is pulling to the right. If it is then, it is a tyre issue for sure. Once you identify the tyre with issue, you can even try to get a replacement tyre since distance covered is only 2500kms.