Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/57407-ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-100-000-kms-update-14th-service-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 2017803)
Unni, nice to know that the judder has gone & the braking is back to normalclap:. As I had mentioned elsewhere, I think discs are an issue with the Fiesta, two sets of mine have been replaced under warranty.

42k kms in 31 months - good going:D

Yes, I remember you mentioning that. The odo would have been a couple more thousands higher if not for the car being left at my home town. Thanks SumanDa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 2017807)
unni
41800kms in 31 months - almost 44kms per day
And you said 3 months the car was idle, otherwise the odo might have crossed 50000kms? (because you like to touch border whenever you feel -LOL).
Now, with Your fiesta is back in good condition after the service, hope you will start driving more and more miles.!

Thanks Nair Saab. Yes, now that she is back with me, I'm sure I'll find some excuses to touch borders!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2017907)
Sorry for my ignorancestupid:, but does replacing the brake discs also call for replacing the brake pads. Are these two changes in unison?

Please find below the link which gives the reason for warped disc. It says the warping might occur again if root cause is not rectified. Actually was going above my head.
Information on Brake pads, discs, calipers and fluid.

Yes, or so the service advisor said. He was of the opinion that I should put in new brake pads. The reason, well, the one he gave was that it helps the new parts bed in better! Thanks for the link.

Misc is the cost for cotton waste and other such stuff that is used. I should have maybe put that in the Parts section that the labor. The Service cost mentioned is the cost for regular service. Since rotor/disc change and brake pad change was extra, they have been mentioned separate. Hope this clears.

But those Parts will not come under warranty (EW?)
Hope you still have valid warranty from Ford?

No sir, these parts are not covered under warranty owing to the kilometers I've put in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 2017770)
Alloys can have a bend. But, usually if you hit a pothole fast and hard, they crack. In your case, they might have got a slight bend. Why the tyre change though? If it has tread left for safe driving, just have the alloy changed. .

Unni, first part of the doubt clarifies now. Is there any way I can fix the bend of an alloy. Regarding changing the tyres, SA said that normally people change at 40K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 2020750)
Unni, first part of the doubt clarifies now. Is there any way I can fix the bend of an alloy. Regarding changing the tyres, SA said that normally people change at 40K.

Anumod, what make is the OEM tyres your car came with?
In most probability, the stick tyres would last you around 45-55k kms.
You would need to take a call depending on the remaining tread as well as tyre condition.

Cheers Unni.. I am too a proud owner of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi..

* Got the vehicle during Sep 2006
* Driven around 63,000 KMS.
* Changed the tyres during 45K KMS
* So far no issues (touch wood) except the visible difference in pickup..

Will engine de-carbonization help to improve the pickup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anumod (Post 2020750)

I've heard of machines that can remove the bend of a rim. Not sure of there are such ones for alloys. Maybe you should take opinion from a 3rd party tyre shop. Like Benny said, you should check the tyre wear and then take a call on when to change. There are people who get through tyres in 20-25k or even lesser. All depends on the way you drive and the roads you drive on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2021216)
You would need to take a call depending on the remaining tread as well as tyre condition.

Well said my friend!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 2021452)
Cheers Unni.. I am too a proud owner of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi..

* Got the vehicle during Sep 2006
* Driven around 63,000 KMS.
* Changed the tyres during 45K KMS
* So far no issues (touch wood) except the visible difference in pickup..

Thanks Bala. With regard to the pick up issue, what did the service center say? There could be many reasons for low pick up. Right from air filter being clogged to low compression etc. De-carbonization may help. Since you have mentioned that there is a visible difference in pick up, I suggest you get it checked by a professional.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2021216)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 2021841)
I've heard of machines that can remove the bend of a rim. Not sure of there are such ones for alloys. Maybe you should take opinion from a 3rd party tyre shop. Like Benny said, you should check the tyre wear and then take a call on when to change. There are people who get through tyres in 20-25k or even lesser. All depends on the way you drive and the roads you drive on.

Thanks Unni and benbsb.

Tyre make is MRF. My gut feeling also that it can run for another 20K KM. I will check with outside tyre shop as well. The problem with Hyderabad is that we may not get the right answer from the outside tyre shops as well. I will enquire in a couple of shops and update the thread accordingly

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 2021452)

Are you using System-D by any chance? If not, why not try for couple of tank fills and see if it makes a difference.

Hi Sanjay,

What is System-D? Is it for diesel car like System-G for petrol? Kindly point me where can i get that in Chennai and the cost details..

Yes, it is like System-G which is for Petrol engines. System-D is for Diesel engines and recommended by Ford (pls refer manual)

You can get it from Chennai/MPL ford, or most of the shops at GP road. I saw it stocked recently in auto accessories shop on north usman road, just opp to the croma store.

Oh. Thanks Sanjay. But unfortunately my manual does not say anything about System-D (Mine is 2006 jan model). Any idea about the price?

System-G is around 250/- I think...D should be similar price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unni.ak (Post 2021841)

Thanks Bala. With regard to the pick up issue, what did the service center say? There could be many reasons for low pick up. Right from air filter being clogged to low compression etc. De-carbonization may help. Since you have mentioned that there is a visible difference in pick up, I suggest you get it checked by a professional.

@Unni - Yep, I leaving my car for service this Saturday. Will update you what service folks are saying about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayc (Post 2022019)
Are you using System-D by any chance? If not, why not try for couple of tank fills and see if it makes a difference.

@Sanjayc - Yeah, i used to have System-D and use it during tank fills. May be, i should start using it again.