Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 17:19   #136
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Unni, nice to know that the judder has gone & the braking is back to normal. As I had mentioned elsewhere, I think discs are an issue with the Fiesta, two sets of mine have been replaced under warranty.

42k kms in 31 months - good going
Yes, I remember you mentioning that. The odo would have been a couple more thousands higher if not for the car being left at my home town. Thanks SumanDa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
unni
41800kms in 31 months - almost 44kms per day
And you said 3 months the car was idle, otherwise the odo might have crossed 50000kms? (because you like to touch border whenever you feel -LOL).
Now, with Your fiesta is back in good condition after the service, hope you will start driving more and more miles.!
Thanks Nair Saab. Yes, now that she is back with me, I'm sure I'll find some excuses to touch borders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but does replacing the brake discs also call for replacing the brake pads. Are these two changes in unison?

Please find below the link which gives the reason for warped disc. It says the warping might occur again if root cause is not rectified. Actually was going above my head.
Information on Brake pads, discs, calipers and fluid.
Yes, or so the service advisor said. He was of the opinion that I should put in new brake pads. The reason, well, the one he gave was that it helps the new parts bed in better! Thanks for the link.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 9th August 2010, 22:01   #137
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Misc is the cost for cotton waste and other such stuff that is used. I should have maybe put that in the Parts section that the labor. The Service cost mentioned is the cost for regular service. Since rotor/disc change and brake pad change was extra, they have been mentioned separate. Hope this clears.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 10th August 2010, 09:37   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kannur
Posts: 2,249
Thanked: 171 Times
Default

But those Parts will not come under warranty (EW?)
Hope you still have valid warranty from Ford?
nairrk is offline  
Old 10th August 2010, 17:51   #139
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

No sir, these parts are not covered under warranty owing to the kilometers I've put in.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 10th August 2010, 22:56   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 582
Thanked: 652 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Alloys can have a bend. But, usually if you hit a pothole fast and hard, they crack. In your case, they might have got a slight bend. Why the tyre change though? If it has tread left for safe driving, just have the alloy changed. .
Unni, first part of the doubt clarifies now. Is there any way I can fix the bend of an alloy. Regarding changing the tyres, SA said that normally people change at 40K.
anumod is offline  
Old 11th August 2010, 11:44   #141
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,237
Thanked: 8,077 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Unni, first part of the doubt clarifies now. Is there any way I can fix the bend of an alloy. Regarding changing the tyres, SA said that normally people change at 40K.
Anumod, what make is the OEM tyres your car came with?
In most probability, the stick tyres would last you around 45-55k kms.
You would need to take a call depending on the remaining tread as well as tyre condition.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 11th August 2010, 13:52   #142
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Cheers Unni.. I am too a proud owner of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi..

* Got the vehicle during Sep 2006
* Driven around 63,000 KMS.
* Changed the tyres during 45K KMS
* So far no issues (touch wood) except the visible difference in pickup..

Will engine de-carbonization help to improve the pickup?
sbala is offline  
Old 11th August 2010, 17:19   #143
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Unni, first part of the doubt clarifies now. Is there any way I can fix the bend of an alloy. Regarding changing the tyres, SA said that normally people change at 40K.
I've heard of machines that can remove the bend of a rim. Not sure of there are such ones for alloys. Maybe you should take opinion from a 3rd party tyre shop. Like Benny said, you should check the tyre wear and then take a call on when to change. There are people who get through tyres in 20-25k or even lesser. All depends on the way you drive and the roads you drive on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Anumod, what make is the OEM tyres your car came with?
In most probability, the stick tyres would last you around 45-55k kms.
You would need to take a call depending on the remaining tread as well as tyre condition.
Well said my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Cheers Unni.. I am too a proud owner of Fiesta 1.4 TDCi..

* Got the vehicle during Sep 2006
* Driven around 63,000 KMS.
* Changed the tyres during 45K KMS
* So far no issues (touch wood) except the visible difference in pickup..

Will engine de-carbonization help to improve the pickup?
Thanks Bala. With regard to the pick up issue, what did the service center say? There could be many reasons for low pick up. Right from air filter being clogged to low compression etc. De-carbonization may help. Since you have mentioned that there is a visible difference in pick up, I suggest you get it checked by a professional.
unni.ak is offline  
Old 11th August 2010, 19:01   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 582
Thanked: 652 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Anumod, what make is the OEM tyres your car came with?
In most probability, the stick tyres would last you around 45-55k kms.
You would need to take a call depending on the remaining tread as well as tyre condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I've heard of machines that can remove the bend of a rim. Not sure of there are such ones for alloys. Maybe you should take opinion from a 3rd party tyre shop. Like Benny said, you should check the tyre wear and then take a call on when to change. There are people who get through tyres in 20-25k or even lesser. All depends on the way you drive and the roads you drive on.
Thanks Unni and benbsb.

Tyre make is MRF. My gut feeling also that it can run for another 20K KM. I will check with outside tyre shop as well. The problem with Hyderabad is that we may not get the right answer from the outside tyre shops as well. I will enquire in a couple of shops and update the thread accordingly
anumod is offline  
Old 11th August 2010, 19:16   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 952
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post

Will engine de-carbonization help to improve the pickup?
Are you using System-D by any chance? If not, why not try for couple of tank fills and see if it makes a difference.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 10:52   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 348
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Hi Sanjay,

What is System-D? Is it for diesel car like System-G for petrol? Kindly point me where can i get that in Chennai and the cost details..
Jebs is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 11:20   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 952
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Yes, it is like System-G which is for Petrol engines. System-D is for Diesel engines and recommended by Ford (pls refer manual)

You can get it from Chennai/MPL ford, or most of the shops at GP road. I saw it stocked recently in auto accessories shop on north usman road, just opp to the croma store.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 11:23   #148
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 348
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Oh. Thanks Sanjay. But unfortunately my manual does not say anything about System-D (Mine is 2006 jan model). Any idea about the price?
Jebs is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 11:25   #149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 952
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

System-G is around 250/- I think...D should be similar price.
sanjayc is offline  
Old 12th August 2010, 14:09   #150
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 413
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post



Thanks Bala. With regard to the pick up issue, what did the service center say? There could be many reasons for low pick up. Right from air filter being clogged to low compression etc. De-carbonization may help. Since you have mentioned that there is a visible difference in pick up, I suggest you get it checked by a professional.
@Unni - Yep, I leaving my car for service this Saturday. Will update you what service folks are saying about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Are you using System-D by any chance? If not, why not try for couple of tank fills and see if it makes a difference.
@Sanjayc - Yeah, i used to have System-D and use it during tank fills. May be, i should start using it again.
sbala is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks