Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 11:57   #31
Team-BHP Support

Thats shocking to hear, Unni! Was the antenna not properly insulated? If it was, how come it isnt now?

Between, where are you going to get it checked? KL or in KA?
Old 19th August 2009, 13:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Unni, but scary to drive 140 kms without a horn! When did you get the after market player installed?
Old 19th August 2009, 13:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thats shocking to hear, Unni! Was the antenna not properly insulated? If it was, how come it isnt now?

Between, where are you going to get it checked? KL or in KA?
I guess it was not connected properly. During my last trip to Kerala, I lost the antennae some where on the way. Maybe that pulled the plug/pin out of the player. I don't listen to the radio much, so asked them to disconnect the wire and duct tape it. I have no clue how the antennae got loose for it to fly off the roof.

I'll be buying some 15A fuse from the KA A**, and getting it checked at Kairali Ford, Ekm. In fact I had a trip planned for this weekend too, which I've cancelled. Will be driving down to Kerala in Sept first week, planning to get the wiring checked and a servicing done too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great pics Unni, but scary to drive 140 kms without a horn! When did you get the after market player installed?
It is seriously tough to drive without horn. We should have one of those manual air horns, like in old time buses, just for safety sake!! . The player was installed in Jan '08, a few days after I bought the car.
Old 19th August 2009, 14:16   #34
BHPian

I bumped in to this thread Unni and i regret for not seeing this before, though it is very late, let me congratulate on your car and the way you maintain the beauty.

Its very unfortunate to lose the antenna and thereby smoking couple of fuses. take care and please do update this thread.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I bumped in to this thread Unni and i regret for not seeing this before, though it is very late, let me congratulate on your car and the way you maintain the beauty.

Its very unfortunate to lose the antenna and thereby smoking couple of fuses. take care and please do update this thread.
Thanks a lot Balaji. Will keep the thread updated.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:56   #36
BHPian

That's unfortunate. Such freak things usually happens in the worst circumstances. You are lucky that it wasnt night and you didn't have to drive in the dark.

All the best and do keep updating.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Last sunday (19th July '09), I went for a short drive...... about 290kms to and fro, for a veg lunch.
I think you will beat the ambanis on this. Since I own a fiesta now, I can understand the urge to drive.

Sorry for a late appearance here, couldnt get any clue about this thread anywhere. Superb photos all over. So you are trying a long-term experience CUM travelogue all at the same place ? Mods will be happy for the less work given by you. Congrats for maintaining and using an engine as it should be. Thanks for all the inspirations from your side (before my buy), now I can proudly say "I too own a Fiesta". Its a beauty to own and a dream to drive.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sorry for a late appearance here, couldnt get any clue about this thread anywhere. Superb photos all over. So you are trying a long-term experience CUM travelogue all at the same place ? Mods will be happy for the less work given by you. Congrats for maintaining and using an engine as it should be.
Thanks Shaju. Yeah, sort of putting up everything about the car and trips in one place. Since its not full fledged travelogues, I guess it adds more to the long term car experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks for all the inspirations from your side (before my buy), now I can proudly say "I too own a Fiesta". Its a beauty to own and a dream to drive.
The pleasure is all mine. Your profile pic says it all.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:47   #39
BHPian

Hi Unni,

Congrats for beautifully maintained 'Go Fida' car. I would like to thanks you and Lambo thread for inspiring me and selecting Fiesta 1.4 D SXi car. Hope my decision gives me cheers for many years, I'm planning to keep car for next 5 years and I'm not worried as you seniors are there to help me .

Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 14:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Unni,

Congrats for beautifully maintained 'Go Fida' car. I would like to thanks you and Lambo thread for inspiring me and selecting Fiesta 1.4 D SXi car. Hope my decision gives me cheers for many years, I'm planning to keep car for next 5 years and I'm not worried as you seniors are there to help me .

Thanks
Hi Rajesh, sorry for the late reply. Congrats on the buy and I'm sure it'll serve you flawlessly for years. I too do plan to keep mine for atleast 5 years. You will get into a habit of driving more!!
Old 4th September 2009, 10:01   #41
BHPian

Drove down to Alleppey on 2nd Sept, for Onam lunch at home!!

Left at 0100hrs and reached home at 1100hrs, covering a distance of 625kms. Thankfuly since it was Onam, traffic on NH47 thru Kerala was less. This was one of the fastest drives done in terms of kilometers covered. Speeds were kept just under 110kmph in most sections.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:06   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seriously, you're taking this to the heights!
When do you plan on returning?

Did you get the antenna issue attended to?
Old 4th September 2009, 10:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Seriously, you're taking this to the heights!
When do you plan on returning?

Did you get the antenna issue attended to?
Planning on returning by mid of next week. Dates are not fixed yet. Have to get the car serviced some time next week, will be getting the antennae issue sorted then.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Left at 0100hrs and reached home at 1100hrs, covering a distance of 625kms. Thankfuly since it was Onam, traffic on NH47 thru Kerala was less. This was one of the fastest drives done in terms of kilometers covered. Speeds were kept just under 110kmph in most sections.
It's amazing, you cover 600+ kms in one stretch, tell me it is passion to drive or passion to drive fiesta. Don't you get fatigue and man you drive in the night, it's credible.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
It's amazing, you cover 600+ kms in one stretch, tell me it is passion to drive or passion to drive fiesta. Don't you get fatigue and man you drive in the night, it's credible.
You are too kind. I love to drive and having a Fiesta, that too diesel helps a lot. I prefer night driving especially if I know the route well. With regard to fatigue, well I work for a BPO and staying awake at night is second nature!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks