Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 22:39   #196
BHPian

Good drive Unni. What about a travelogue?
Old 6th December 2010, 10:42   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Good drive Unni. What about a travelogue?
Will start a new thread on the GQ Drive shortly. Need to catch up with a lot of work from last week's!
Old 6th December 2010, 12:09   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Sanjay, the trip was not just to Rajasthan. Did a GQ drive, over the last 7days, covering 13 States and 6200kms!!! Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Delhi - Allahabad - Calcutta - Vizag - Chennai - Bangalore.

OSS, will post more pics
Lucky you! Was it solo? Can't wait for the new thread.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

The Fiestians resurface after a loooong time.

Unni, Thats one hell of a trip you have made. BTW you were in Mumbai and did not let us know, really sad. Was this trip of a more personal nature or business associated with it? Waiting for that travellogue with some great pics too.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:29   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Lucky you! Was it solo? Can't wait for the new thread.
Yep, I'm a lucky guy!!! I had my cousin with me for company. 6200kms is a bit too much to do solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Fiestians resurface after a loooong time.

Unni, Thats one hell of a trip you have made. BTW you were in Mumbai and did not let us know, really sad. Was this trip of a more personal nature or business associated with it? Waiting for that travellogue with some great pics too.
Thanks Ghodlur. My bad, I should have maybe send a PM before I started on the trip. It was all planned kind of last minute, and hence the miss. The trip was pure pleasure. I've a desk bound job, so no way my company is going to send me traveling like this!!

There are not many pic actually, but will put them up.
Old 6th December 2010, 13:45   #201
BHPian

Bring it on- Awaiting a detrailed travelouge with some nice pics.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:09   #202
oss
BHPian

6200 kms Is it a Ford promo event or something? You should have written to Ford, and put on some stickers, and called it a milege run or something like that (a la the Ikon milege run organised by Ford along with ACI lat year). You would have got your fuel bills atleast sponsored by Ford.

Seriously, 6200km trip on a spur of moment decision - amazing man. Fiesta inspires people to do the unthinkable
Old 7th December 2010, 06:48   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Turbo-lag is pretty minimal. It helps in city traffic where you dont have to keep shifting gears. Turbo kicks in about 1800RPM. .
Unni, I think for Fiesta the Turbo starts at 1200 RPM.1800 is common in nowadays diesel engines
Old 7th December 2010, 06:54   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

@anumod: Actually it is around 1400-1500 rpm.
For most of the other mordern diesels, it is anywhere between 1800-2000rpm.
The fiesta's early kick helps a lot in city traffic, where the car is always raring to go from one gap to another.
Old 7th December 2010, 07:56   #205
Senior - BHPian

In Unni's case the turbo urge for a whirlwind escapade kicked in faster than his Fiesta's, hence a journey through 13 states seemed like nothing.

@unni - I hope you must have a kept a log of petrol fuelling, amount spent etc. Please share the details of the same.

BTW had you got the Fiesta serviced before the journey or planning to do it post journey. Whats the condition of the tyres after going through all those different roads. Pls share the post journey impact too.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:52   #206
BHPian

Quote:
There are not many pic actually, but will put them up.
Unni, i'm sure you have minimum 13 photos of all the state borders you have covered. Can't imagine what it must've been to wait till the next state border for a loo break

Congrats on the trip. Just goes on to prove why Fiesta is a driver's car and what it does to enthusiasts like you.
Old 7th December 2010, 11:19   #207
Senior - BHPian

Hey Unni, great to meet you and your cousin in Pune. And good to know you completed the trip successfully, waiting for the pics
Old 7th December 2010, 12:51   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Unni, i'm sure you have minimum 13 photos of all the state borders you have covered. Can't imagine what it must've been to wait till the next state border for a loo break
Tell me about it! The one time i travelled with him, a loo break felt like a luxury!

Unni, process the data, and create the travelogue fast.
Old 7th December 2010, 19:54   #209
BHPian

Have started a travelogue at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2166866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Bring it on- Awaiting a detrailed travelouge with some nice pics.
Up and running sir. Not many pics though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
6200 kms Is it a Ford promo event or something? You should have written to Ford, and put on some stickers, and called it a milege run or something like that (a la the Ikon milege run organised by Ford along with ACI lat year). You would have got your fuel bills atleast sponsored by Ford.

Seriously, 6200km trip on a spur of moment decision - amazing man. Fiesta inspires people to do the unthinkable
OSS, I wish it was a Ford promo event. Sadly it is not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Unni, I think for Fiesta the Turbo starts at 1200 RPM.1800 is common in nowadays diesel engines
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@anumod: Actually it is around 1400-1500 rpm.
For most of the other mordern diesels, it is anywhere between 1800-2000rpm.
The fiesta's early kick helps a lot in city traffic, where the car is always raring to go from one gap to another.
I've always felt it around 1800RPM. Maybe it kicks in earlier, just not that evident I guess. But, yes drivability on city is among the best in diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
In Unni's case the turbo urge for a whirlwind escapade kicked in faster than his Fiesta's, hence a journey through 13 states seemed like nothing.

@unni - I hope you must have a kept a log of petrol fuelling, amount spent etc. Please share the details of the same.

BTW had you got the Fiesta serviced before the journey or planning to do it post journey. Whats the condition of the tyres after going through all those different roads. Pls share the post journey impact too.
Yes, we do have logs of fuel and other expenses. Some are approximations since we were a bit lazy in up keeping the logs daily. Will share these details in the travelogue. I got the service done enroute at Kolkata. The car came with MRF tyres which had run 46k. Changed to Yokohama A Drives one day before the trip. Had one puncture enroute at Allahabad. But other than that, no other issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post

Congrats on the trip. Just goes on to prove why Fiesta is a driver's car and what it does to enthusiasts like you.
Actually, no pics of certain borders since there was traffic jams or were not clearly marked. Also, police usually harass out station vehicles at borders to make some extra cash. Oh and about loo breaks, yes sir marked my territory in all states!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey Unni, great to meet you and your cousin in Pune. And good to know you completed the trip successfully, waiting for the pics
Thanks Anil. Thank you guys for the wonderful lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Tell me about it! The one time i travelled with him, a loo break felt like a luxury!

Unni, process the data, and create the travelogue fast.
Benny boy, you had to say that, right!!! Travelogue up and running sir.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy you are back !!!
Love to hear the stories this weekend if possible. Let me know the place and time, I will be there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks