Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service

Glad that I could be of help.
jyobeb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:41   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Bonding View Post
Loved the Fiesta Classic,will it justify the 70 kms journey daily.
In the last month, I made a Trivandrum-Kodaikanal-Palani-Kodaikanal-Trivandrum trip and a Trivandrum-Kodaikanal-Palani-Trivandrum trip in my Fiesta Classic CLXi and got 18-19kmpl, ghat sections included and that too before first service. For CLxi, rear defogger is standard issue.
GlobeTrotter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:53   #243
BHPian

Re: 68000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeTrotter View Post
Then what use providing a Ford 24 hrs Helpline Number? Did you try that?
That's there just for you to talk to them. Emotional support. I did talk to the 24hr helpline and they put me through to the Madurai Service Center. But yes, if its a Sunday or any other holiday, and the work is anything even remotely complicated, forget anything being done, unless you raise a stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeTrotter View Post
By the way, I love my car
Lol! Dont I know! And let the car love you back! Like the Brio advt goes.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:08   #244
Senior - BHPian

@unni,

Sorry to know that you had a rough time during your recent drives. But was gladdened to know that a BHPian made the life a bit easier for you. Hats off to the forum and the members for being there for others.

One question though - whats is the average life of the fan belt, was it dues for replacement in your case? Do Ford service guys have a check on this during the servicing?

I had made use of the Ford RSA once but was redirected to workshop guys since the problem I had quoted was out of their purview.
Old 4th October 2011, 09:24   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I would like to Thank jyobeb for all the help extended. There was an advertisement tag line that went, you meet the nicest people on a Honda. I think, you meet some of the nicest people on Team BHP, especially when you are stranded!!
How true! Rather than stranded, i would rephrase that to ".. when you need them the most."

Its nice to have such people who are willing to go the extra mile just to help someone they have never met before. Hats off to you, jyobeb.

Quote:
That's there just for you to talk to them. Emotional support. I did talk to the 24hr helpline and they put me through to the Madurai Service Center. But yes, if its a Sunday or any other holiday, and the work is anything even remotely complicated, forget anything being done, unless you raise a stink.
This totally beats the point of having a helpline number, if they cannot help when you need them! Why don't you just mention this incident to customer care, so there is a record of how the helpline system works?
Old 4th October 2011, 12:21   #246
BHPian

Quote:
That's there just for you to talk to them. Emotional support. I did talk to the 24hr helpline and they put me through to the Madurai Service Center. But yes, if its a Sunday or any other holiday, and the work is anything even remotely complicated, forget anything being done, unless you raise a stink
My experience is quiet different.
We were attending a funeral of a near relative and closed the car with key inside and the car autolocked itself . It was on saturday or sunday. Place was near Chavara ,kerala some 5-6 kms interior from NH47 .
It was evening around 4.30-5.00 i called the helpline number they directed me to Kariali ford kollam.
They sent a help team with 3-4 guys and reached the place around 6.00 and opened the boot ,shorted the central lock,opened the door and got the keys.
Charged 700rs.
Our house keys, mobiles everything was inside the car so it was great relief.
And I learned how easy it is to open a car even it is equipped with central locking :(
Old 4th October 2011, 19:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
One question though - whats is the average life of the fan belt, was it dues for replacement in your case? Do Ford service guys have a check on this during the servicing?
I've no clue about the average life of the belt. Need to check in the service manual to see when it is required to be changed. However, this wouldn't apply to me since I had changed the belt at around 45000kms when I had given the car for a fan belt pulley and tensioner change. I intent to take it up with Ford Customer Service to see why the new belt failed in about 23000kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This totally beats the point of having a helpline number, if they cannot help when you need them! Why don't you just mention this incident to customer care, so there is a record of how the helpline system works?
Will be mentioned to customer care. I've had a mixed bag of experience. About a year and half back, when I had the horn fuse blowing continuously, even though it was a Sunday, they opened up the Mysore service center and helped me out. In this case too, help did arrive, but the whole process was not very pleasant, and needed some cajoling, where the tone of talk had a lot to play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
My experience is quiet different.
We were attending a funeral of a near relative and closed the car with key inside and the car autolocked itself . It was on saturday or sunday. Place was near Chavara ,kerala some 5-6 kms interior from NH47 .
It was evening around 4.30-5.00 i called the helpline number they directed me to Kariali ford kollam.
They sent a help team with 3-4 guys and reached the place around 6.00 and opened the boot ,shorted the central lock,opened the door and got the keys.
Charged 700rs.
Our house keys, mobiles everything was inside the car so it was great relief.
And I learned how easy it is to open a car even it is equipped with central locking :(
And this must have happened on a working day. If its a holiday, the experience changes. So, dont lock yourself out on a weekend!
Old 4th October 2011, 20:22   #248
BHPian

Quote:
And this must have happened on a working day. If its a holiday, the experience changes. So, dont lock yourself out on a weekend!
I couldn't recollect whether it was a working day .
Since it was around 5.00 i didnt expect they will turn in quickly but they drive down from Kollam in an ikon
maybe if it was different day the experience might have been different.
Quote:
I've no clue about the average life of the belt
Mine was changed around 13K , yes 13k.I still can hear the sound mentioned in link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nd-engine.html

Last edited by bullboy : 4th October 2011 at 20:27.
Old 4th October 2011, 21:43   #249
Senior - BHPian

@unni-ak: I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. But what I wanted to stress was it happens to all cars and not just the Fiesta. Nevertheless, Ford Helpline ought to have been more responsive.

For that matter, even Hyundai helpline was not responsive on a Sunday, when my pal's Sonata had its Catalytic Coverter failure light glow near Chitradurga, on the way to Shimoga. And what made matters worse was that the following day was Dasshera.
It was be sheer luck that the car did not stall till Shimoga, and the issue vanished the following morning on its own.

Do update us with developments on your car. It gives other owners a chance to know what they should watch out for.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 22:23   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@unni-ak: I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. But what I wanted to stress was it happens to all cars and not just the Fiesta. Nevertheless, Ford Helpline ought to have been more responsive.

For that matter, even Hyundai helpline was not responsive on a Sunday, when my pal's Sonata had its Catalytic Coverter failure light glow near Chitradurga, on the way to Shimoga. And what made matters worse was that the following day was Dasshera.
It was be sheer luck that the car did not stall till Shimoga, and the issue vanished the following morning on its own.

Do update us with developments on your car. It gives other owners a chance to know what they should watch out for.
Oh yes, it happens to every manufacturer, every car. I never intended to say that it happened because it was a Ford or a Fiesta. I'm happy that the steering pump cost me under 3k, which I think is not very expensive. These are not parts that fail often, though it leads to the question of why it did.

It is tough to find support during holidays. Man management and the costs involved prevent them from keeping staff available at the service station. However, they need to have a better system in place, which is far more responsive in the event of such events. Language was another problem. Even the service adviser I spoke to had trouble communicating in English. But, maybe thats too much to ask for
Old 10th October 2011, 16:30   #251

Quote:
I would like to Thank jyobeb for all the help extended. There was an advertisement tag line that went, you meet the nicest people on a Honda. I think, you meet some of the nicest people on Team BHP, especially when you are stranded!! The whole thing would have ended up being a complete mess if not for him. My wife and kid joins me in thanking you for being there. I owe you one, and next time I'm at Madurai, hopefuly under better circumstances, and from own will, please spare some time.

sv1976 and shajufx - Thank you guys for getting me the Ford Service Center number and tracking my progress. It would have been so much more difficult if not for your help.

And to close on a happy note, those of you who went through my GQ thread will remember JK (my cousin who accompanied me). Well, he has bought a Fiesta Classic now. The Kodai trip was a car-meets-car trip:
Hey Unni, glad to hear that you and family came out of this without too much of a hassle. And kudos to jyobeb, sv1976 and shajufx for being great knights in shining armour!
wizualiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 20:47   #252

Quote:
Well, you are a big built!! At 6Ft and 95kgs I find the Fiesta a slightly low on space. Did not have that problem initially since I graduated from a Zen, but as the years wore on, I did get the feeling that its a bit cramped. Familiarity breeds contempt, maybe!

The Linea is a more spacious car any time. Even though I've never been at the wheel, I've traveled a couple of times in one, and it sure is comfortable. God help you with your choice!! You do need some help!
Hi Unni, warm Diwali wishes to you and family! Sorry for taking such a long time to post but it took me that much time to finally make up my mind So after much deliberating and thinking, I finally made my choice and went in for a (drum roll) SCORPIO!!! Fiery black SLE, the vehicle arrived on Lakshmi Pooja day and so far have been having an awesome time driving it around! And the vehicle is of normal size, its just that I make things look smaller (now you see the size issue, unni ) Anyways will post more updates later - till then take care and god bless!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-me_scorpio.jpg  

wizualiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 01:29   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizualiser View Post
Hi Unni, warm Diwali wishes to you and family! Sorry for taking such a long time to post but it took me that much time to finally make up my mind So after much deliberating and thinking, I finally made my choice and went in for a (drum roll) SCORPIO!!! Fiery black SLE, the vehicle arrived on Lakshmi Pooja day and so far have been having an awesome time driving it around! And the vehicle is of normal size, its just that I make things look smaller (now you see the size issue, unni ) Anyways will post more updates later - till then take care and god bless!!!
Thats some twist to the whole purchase!! I'm sure the Scorpio will tackle the odd humps on the way to your apartment complex that you had illustrated a few posts back.

You do make the Scorpio look small . Initially I did wonder if it was a mini-scorpio! But then, wise-decision, you need the leg-room!!

Congrats and wishing you many many happy miles. Happy Diwali! What a way to ward of evil and welcome the good!

PS: Do start an ownership thread to detail the decision making. Not many go from a sedan to an SUV, and it would be interesting to know what drove you to the beast.

Last edited by unni.ak : 29th October 2011 at 01:30.
Old 26th February 2012, 20:59   #254
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 80000kms

The last couple of months has been pretty busy driving-wise, and ended up adding couple of thousand kilometers to the odo. 12th Service was done at 79124kms. The right hand side ball joint required replacement and it was done. Details:

Parts

1. Engine Oil - Rs1029.97
2. Oil Filter - Rs392.45
3. Air Filter - Rs244.17
4. Ball Joint - Rs976.69
5. Wire Strap - Rs11.54

Labor

1. 80000kms Service - Rs850
2. Misc - Rs100
3. RH Ball Joint Renewed - Rs200

Total - Rs 4258.45

Odo as of today stands at 80084kms.
Old 16th April 2012, 19:03   #255
BHPian

Lost the Ford emblem on the front grille on 14th April. Had gone out to a friends place and when parked there, some blessed human managed to get away with it. Does anyone know how much it costs for the emblem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks