Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 12:36   #301
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Kairali Ford, Cochin branch? The one near Spices Board? Yeah do get the evaporator coil inspected and also check the flap that opens to let fresh air in. And, do get all of this done before your warranty expires. If you are lucky and you manage to push with the SA, you might get warranty repair done if there are any problems with Evaporator Coil or the flap.

Was your mom sitting at the back? I've had more than a few people tell me that the rear seats and suspension is more comfortable than the front.

The evaporator coil, AC filter and a mesh that was replaced, came up to about 12-13k INR. I will check the bill and let you know the exact amounts later. In fact need to update this thread with those details as well. Have been a little too lazy!
Have sent in the car today to Kairali's new center on airport seaport road.
Asked him to check the flap and also the evaporator coil. Lets see if the 3 year old issue is resolved.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 23:53   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Kairali Ford, Cochin branch? The one near Spices Board? Yeah do get the evaporator coil inspected and also check the flap that opens to let fresh air in. And, do get all of this done before your warranty expires. If you are lucky and you manage to push with the SA, you might get warranty repair done if there are any problems with Evaporator Coil or the flap.
Unni, you were spot on with the flap. Got the car back today. According to the SA, the flap was not closing completely and had developed a slight play. They have fixed this according to him. I am yet to test this, as it only happens about 100 kmph. Yet to find a proper road.
The labour charge was Rs 600, waived off since the car is still in warranty.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:28   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Unni, you were spot on with the flap. Got the car back today. According to the SA, the flap was not closing completely and had developed a slight play. They have fixed this according to him. I am yet to test this, as it only happens about 100 kmph. Yet to find a proper road.
The labour charge was Rs 600, waived off since the car is still in warranty.
Good to know that the issue is sorted.
Old 15th September 2014, 13:38   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The evaporator coil, AC filter and a mesh that was replaced, came up to about 12-13k INR. I will check the bill and let you know the exact amounts later. In fact need to update this thread with those details as well. Have been a little too lazy!
unni, the details are awaited, along with the update of the thread title, if it suits!
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 19:40   #305
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Ford has come up with some kind of a filter to protect the AC evaporator coils under the dashboard. In my most recent service, I was charged Rs 1975 for 'Internal Panel Protection'. Details in my LTO thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6-sxi-35.html
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 18:22   #306
BHPian

Hi Unni,
Good to know that you have crossed 1 lakh Kms on your Fiesta. I too own a Fiesta (Dec 2009) that has done a little over 1.75 lakh kms. Boy, isn't this machine a workhorse? Each time I contemplate on selling this humble companion, it says "Try squeezing more out of me!!" I have given it 6 more months and lets see how it holds up to 2 lakh Kms!!

Cheers,
Neethi
neethi_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 10:02   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that the issue is sorted.
Seems like the issue is back :(. Need to take her to the service station, Warranty expires in another 12 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks like Ford has come up with some kind of a filter to protect the AC evaporator coils under the dashboard. In my most recent service, I was charged Rs 1975 for 'Internal Panel Protection'. Details in my LTO thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6-sxi-35.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Hi Unni,
Good to know that you have crossed 1 lakh Kms on your Fiesta. I too own a Fiesta (Dec 2009) that has done a little over 1.75 lakh kms. Boy, isn't this machine a workhorse? Each time I contemplate on selling this humble companion, it says "Try squeezing more out of me!!" I have given it 6 more months and lets see how it holds up to 2 lakh Kms!!

Cheers,
Neethi
Have a question for the Fiesta owners - How long does the headlight bulb lasts for you? Mine - all 4 fused at about the 30k mark/ 18 month period.
Now the left Main beam is fused and the car is at about 62 mark now.
Old 12th November 2014, 11:29   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have a question for the Fiesta owners - How long does the headlight bulb lasts for you? Mine - all 4 fused at about the 30k mark/ 18 month period.
Now the left Main beam is fused and the car is at about 62 mark now.
I've not changed any bulb on my Fiesta in the past 7.5 years, let alone headlamps! Perhaps you do a lot of night-driving, due to which the load on the lights may be more. Are you using stock lamps like me? My friends have Osram Nightbreakers, and they fuse every alternate year.

The only light related item I changed was the reverse light switch, which gave up last year. I've mentioned it in my LTO thread.
Old 12th November 2014, 11:39   #309
BHPian

Quote:
I've not changed any bulb on my Fiesta in the past 7.5 years, let alone headlamps! Perhaps you do a lot of night-driving, due to which the load on the lights may be more. Are you using stock lamps like me? My friends have Osram Nightbreakers, and they fuse every alternate year.

The only light related item I changed was the reverse light switch, which gave up last year. I've mentioned it in my LTO thread.
Yes, I do a lot of night driving on the highways. Most of my KMs were clocked doing Bangalore - Cochin.
They are stock headlamps as I find them good. I had replaced my bulbs at Ford A.S.S. The stock ones are Osram as well and I see that they are imported from Germany. They arent cheap either. Costs about 450 each.
Old 12th November 2014, 11:42   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I do a lot of night driving on the highways. Most of my KMs were clocked doing Bangalore - Cochin.
They are stock headlamps as I find them good. I had replaced my bulbs at Ford A.S.S. The stock ones are Osram as well and I see that they are imported from Germany. They arent cheap either. Costs about 450 each.
Stock lights are of Osram make? That's news to me. I was not aware as I did not have to change any bulb so far.

Nice of Ford to give us lamps from a reputed company. But almost all my friends who installed Nightbreaker variety of Osrams found better lighting, but also had issues with fused bulbs every two years. By the way, none of those cars were Fords.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:08   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stock lights are of Osram make?
Osram it is- check with the spare bulb!

Regarding my drive, it is 35 months and 40k km, half of which is night driving and it was only in the recent Bangalore rains that the right side low beam bulb went kaput.

@unni.ak Any updates?
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 18:28   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As regards the suspension, it is not that hard, but just right. At higher speeds, it really aids to the planted feeling. But yes, compared to a WagonR, it is indeed hard at very low speeds, like when going over a speed-breaker. For instance, my complex's gate has a small hump. Whenever I cross it with my WagonR, it hardly gives me any jerk, but on the Fiesta or Figo it does cause a thud. The steering of the Fords is a lot better in feedback, so it gives this feedback also with a bang!
I have a Ford Ikon and Figo. I have sat in Fiesta as well few times. I feel that Ford had the best suspension setup on Ikon comparing the three. Most optimal for comfort and ride/handling at same time. On fiesta/Figo ford has gone little over board with stiffer suspension. Like you mentioned with Wagon R, even on Ikon there are pot holes which I dont feel at all vs Figo. Maybe Michelin Xm1+ on Ikon vs Acceleres on Figo also make a difference.

Quote:
Nice of Ford to give us lamps from a reputed company. But almost all my friends who installed Nightbreaker variety of Osrams found better lighting, but also had issues with fused bulbs every two years. By the way, none of those cars were Fords.
You are right about Nightbreakers fusing. Mine are 1.5yrs old and luckily havnt fused yet. I am thinking maybe these bulbs runner hotter, hence not as reliable as stock ones.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:05   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seems like the issue is back :(. Need to take her to the service station, Warranty expires in another 12 days!
Since you first approached them about this issue within the warranty period, and they accepted it as being covered under warranty, you are entitled to be covered for this issue even if the warranty were to expire during this period. Quite clearly, they were supposed to have resolved this to 100% satisfaction when you took it to them, and if it has reappeared without much gap, they are obliged to cover this under warranty.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:21   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Stock lights are of Osram make? That's news to me. I was not aware as I did not have to change any bulb so far.

Mine also has stock bulbs. The vehicle is four years exact and 62000 kms. Only once one front beam bulb had fused. It was replaced with the one the company had provided me as a spare at the time of purchase itself.

My four year warranty got expired the day before yesterday. Certain parts were to be replaced. Including the radiator fan. Plus front shockers and link rode... The latter has cost me parts worth Rs. 15000/-

I had a problem with the central locking from inside, at the driver door set. From the front passenger side, it was working properly. It was repaired with the servicing that I have got it done on the 24th of this month. It was functioning smoothly since then. But again from yesterday, it is almost back to the same situation. What they told me earlier was that it was caused because a plug got loose there. What could be the issue?

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 29th July 2015 at 16:23.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:50   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

I had a problem with the central locking from inside, at the driver door set. From the front passenger side, it was working properly. It was repaired with the servicing that I have got it done on the 24th of this month. It was functioning smoothly since then. But again from yesterday, it is almost back to the same situation. What they told me earlier was that it was caused because a plug got loose there. What could be the issue?

Vipin.
No idea, but since they got the work due during warranty, you can ask them to fix it again. Looks like they did not do a proper job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks