Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 21:51   #211
Senior - BHPian

I'm already geen with envy---anyone who undertakes long trips of a Fiesta is in my radar !

We are waiting with bated breath, Unni. Bring it on.
Old 24th January 2011, 18:01   #212
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 56200kms/36months Review

Its been a while since I've put in service details etc, though the kilometers have been piling up. At 31months, I was at 41800kms, and now at the 36th month, I'm at 56200kms. About, 14000kms in a span of 5 months. Not bad, isn't it!!

9th Service was done in between, at 50438kms, from Victoria Ford, Kolkata. A regular service with a ORVM replacement thrown in. Details are given below:

1. Air Filter - Rs260/-
2. Mirror Rear View - Rs2964/-
3. Oil Filter - Rs361/-
4. Engine Oil - 4.2L - Rs1029/-

Labour - Rs775/-

Total - Rs5752/-

The other day, I read on a FB post that the Figo motorized mirror costs only Rs1300/-. That's cheap for a motorized mirror. Atleast, this means that Ford is working on reducing the spare part costs. Good of them.

The car completed 3years in Jan '11. Insurance was renewed from United Insurance company, at Rs 8804/-, with IDV at Rs486000/-. The same at Bajaj Allianz was costing me Rs10200/-. The guy whom I spoke to at Bajaj sounded a bit high handed and did not get back as promised with a final quote. Hence the switch to United Insurance.

Warranty has NOT been renewed for the 4th year. Now, this is a gamble I've taken. As months go by, we will know how well it has paid off, or otherwise! All four tires were changed at around 45000kms, for the GQ Drive, to Yokohama A Drives. Funnily enough, I did not have any tire problems with the default MRF for 45000kms, no punctures, no leaks, NOTHING. And, with the Yokos, I've already had a puncture and a slow valve leak. Coincidence? Maybe!

Nothing to complain about. If hard pushed to find fault, there is a rattle from the left front door when running on broken roads, which I think is the speaker coming loose from the mounting. Need to get that checked. But otherwise, running strong.

A lot of people, on TBhp and from friends circle, have been asking me when I'm selling the car?!! As of now, I really don't see a reason to part ways. Guess I'll keep till it crosses 1lac kms and then start looking for options.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:03   #213
BHPian

re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service

Unni- The mirror cost 1300/- for Figo, but for Fiesta, its still around 3k as what was billed to you.

Will be watching your thread closely to see how it goes without warranty cover. All the best.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:26   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Unni- The mirror cost 1300/- for Figo, but for Fiesta, its still around 3k as what was billed to you.

Will be watching your thread closely to see how it goes without warranty cover. All the best.
Thanks Krish. I've not heard of any major issues cropping up on the Fiesta yet. So, hoping and praying that the warranty decision was the right one. Will keep the thread updated.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
About, 14000kms in a span of 5 months.
Even if you reduce that 6k from GQ drive, thats a lot of miles in 5 months. And its nice to hear she's munching all these miles without too many rattles/issues. Way to go...

Did you check how much they charge for the 4th year extended warranty?
Old 25th January 2011, 13:20   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
Even if you reduce that 6k from GQ drive, thats a lot of miles in 5 months. And its nice to hear she's munching all these miles without too many rattles/issues. Way to go...

Did you check how much they charge for the 4th year extended warranty?
Touch wood she is going stronger than ever. I think 4th year warranty is around 8k. Have not checked the exact rate though.
Old 21st May 2011, 18:45   #217
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 62200kms/40months Review

10th Service was done at 60834kms. For the first time, the odo reading went above 10000kms between services (by about 400kms). Another usual service and check up done at the A**. Even though the car is out of warranty, I still prefer to have it worked up on at the A** and not outside. Details of service are given below:

1. Engine Oil - 4l - Rs895/-
2. Oil Filter - Rs335.63/-
3. Air Filter - Rs244.17/-
4. Fuel Filter - Rs1132/-
5. Wash Pouch - Rs53.27/-

Labor and Misc - Rs884/-

Total - Rs3971/-

As per the service details given in the manual, the car was due for brake oil replacement. Upon checking with the adviser he informed me that it is not required and is done only if there is a leak in the system. Has anyone done a complete brake oil replacement as a part of service?

Well, other than that, nothing much. Odo is at 62200kms now. Munching miles and going strong.
Old 21st May 2011, 19:40   #218
BHPian

Isnt 60k service supposed to be a major service with lot of fluid replacements? Nice to see a low service cost, but a bit surprised as well. The service cost are like half that of a Verna/Getz CRDi

Other Fiesta owners; your inputs required here on 60k service.
Old 21st May 2011, 21:56   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Brake Fluid

Quote:
And, with the Yokos, I've already had a puncture and a slow valve leak. Coincidence? Maybe!
May not be .. ! It may be valve leak, or even a fine leak somewhere along the rim of the wheel. Get the tyres re-seated with a fresh dab of that paste they have with them.

All my five A-drives regularly lose pressure. This is affecting my FE too.
Quote:
4. Fuel Filter - Rs1132/-

As per the service details given in the manual, the car was due for brake oil replacement. Upon checking with the adviser he informed me that it is not required and is done only if there is a leak in the system.
Unni, check your manual for schedule of brake oil replacement. If the time is up, then get it changed, atleast during next service.

OT: IMO, the fuel filter is another example of higher spares prices at Ford.

Last edited by condor : 21st May 2011 at 22:01.
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:58   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Isnt 60k service supposed to be a major service with lot of fluid replacements? Nice to see a low service cost, but a bit surprised as well. The service cost are like half that of a Verna/Getz CRDi

Other Fiesta owners; your inputs required here on 60k service.
Exactly what I thought. However, the only fluid replacement that was mentioned in the manual was brake/clutch oil, which was turned down by the service adviser. Need to get clarity on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
May not be .. ! It may be valve leak, or even a fine leak somewhere along the rim of the wheel. Get the tyres re-seated with a fresh dab of that paste they have with them.

All my five A-drives regularly lose pressure. This is affecting my FE too.
Unni, check your manual for schedule of brake oil replacement. If the time is up, then get it changed, atleast during next service.

OT: IMO, the fuel filter is another example of higher spares prices at Ford.
Yes, I've not had this "tires loosing pressure regularly" phenomenon earlier on the MRFs. Guess will have to get the paste thing done when I go for alignment next. With the Figo, Ford has managed to price the spares lower. However, Fiesta spares remain at the higher end. With the 2011 model and Classic, maybe they will reduce the spare prices marginally!!
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:27   #221
BHPian

@Condor-: I would say thats a high price. For eg the cost of the same part for my Getz CRDi

Filter Cartridge -: 1320.17

Fuel filters for diesels are much more costlier than petrol ones.

@Unni-: I suggest you change the fluids at the intervals mentioned by the manual/service routines.

As for the spares pricing, Ford seems to be following a segment wise pricing and the Fiesta spare pricing will never come to the Figo level, though the parts might be the same. It will come down for sure, to try and match the Dzire pricings; which is their competitor.

A good example is the RVMs.

My fiesta recently had the "air pressure reduction" phenomenon :-). It finally boiled down to the valve problem and was replaced under warranty without question. You might have to get in touch with Yoko dealers or reps to get it changed under warranty
Old 22nd May 2011, 09:47   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With the Figo, Ford has managed to price the spares lower. However, Fiesta spares remain at the higher end. With the 2011 model and Classic, maybe they will reduce the spare prices marginally!!
Classic or not, the 1.4 TDCi is doing duty in the Figo also. So why should the price of this part also not see a reduction for the Fiesta & the Ikon ? Like @krish3 says in the above post, it's a segment wise pricing, even for similar/same parts (where applicable).

Point is, Ford has reduced prices of some parts and has highlighed this in their ad's. But a lot many parts are still high-priced. Definitely more than the competition. I will not be surprised if the same part is priced lower for the Figo but remains at the old higher price for the Ikon / Fiesta.

Quote:
Fuel filters for diesels are much more costlier than petrol ones.
Agreed. The diesel engine components may be costlier, but in this case, the Ford parts are costlier than even similar parts from SUV (Scorp/ Safari etc).
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:00   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Agreed. The diesel engine components may be costlier, but in this case, the Ford parts are costlier than even similar parts from SUV (Scorp/ Safari etc).
I just checked the price comparison of different cars (Autocar MAr 2009 I could not abel to locate the latest one) in that fuel fileter prizes are listed like this
Fiesta -->1055.88
Fabia --> 1544
Verna --> 991.32
Logan --> 1142
Dzire --> 948
Captiva --> 1456
Endeavor --> 1462
Old 9th September 2011, 11:52   #224

Quote:

I graduated from a 1995 model Zen to Fiesta and fell in love with the interiors. For sure there are many cars in the market with better plastic quality and feel, but the Fiesta interiors are great for me. More in-cabin space would have been welcome, because it does feel cramped a bit. From a Zen to a Fiesta, the interiors are spacious!!!
Hi Unni,

Am a new bhpian, who has avidly followed you on the forum. Am well aware of your passion for the Fiesta classic and your travels are legendary on teambhp!

Am aiming to buy a diesel vehicle in the immediate future, make that next few weeks - wanted your invaluable advice on the same. Have more or less shortlisted the Ford Fiesta CLASSIC CLXI (my budget is 8.5 lacs) Diesel, however am torn between that and putting in a few more lakhs (extremely difficult) to buy the new Fiesta Titanium. The main argument being that the CLASSIC would be technology from an older generation, old fashioned looks, low on features and also low on ground clearance.

Desperately need your advice on the same. BTW happy Onam!
Old 10th September 2011, 11:09   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizualiser View Post
Hi Unni,

Am a new bhpian, who has avidly followed you on the forum. Am well aware of your passion for the Fiesta classic and your travels are legendary on teambhp!

Am aiming to buy a diesel vehicle in the immediate future, make that next few weeks - wanted your invaluable advice on the same. Have more or less shortlisted the Ford Fiesta CLASSIC CLXI (my budget is 8.5 lacs) Diesel, however am torn between that and putting in a few more lakhs (extremely difficult) to buy the new Fiesta Titanium. The main argument being that the CLASSIC would be technology from an older generation, old fashioned looks, low on features and also low on ground clearance.

Desperately need your advice on the same. BTW happy Onam!
That's too much praise heaped on for someone like me. Thank you! And, thanks for the onam wishes! Would a "same to you" apply?!

Advice is not something I'm too good with. Anyways here goes. A cousin of mine also had the same dilemma. And, he ended up choosing the CLXi. I think CLXi is more of a deal, especially if you can get the dealer to throw in some freebies. The fact that he had driven a couple of thousand kilometers with me when we did the GQ also helped stamp the decision. Couple of questions that you will need to answer:

1. Do you really have the budget to go for a Titanium? It shouldn't be that you put too much into the Titanium and end up running short of fuel money to roam!
2. Would you be really happy if you go for CLXi? Like you mentioned, old looks, old gen engine, and low on features.
3. How long do you intent to keep the car? If its for long term, 5 or more years, then CLXi depreciation is not too much of a concern.

Personally, I'm not too happy with the pricing of the New Fiesta. Maybe Ford got carried away by the success of Fiesta and Figo. It needs a serious revision.

Take a test drive of both, and choose what makes you happy. End of the day, it should put a smile on your face when you are at the wheel. Hope I've been of some help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks