Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 20:09   #181
BHPian

5k to remove a whine!

Have been having this persistent whine from the engine for the last few hundred kms, and I knew it was the Tension Pulley. The one that keeps the drive belt tension (what else!!). Had the same problem at around 13k kms also, and it was replaced under warranty. Took it to Metro Ford, Bangalore today morning, keeping in mind the impending long drives coming up over the next couple of weekends. And the damage is:

Parts
1. Pulley - Rs1951.72
2. Kit Tensioner Pulley - Rs1271.10
3. Drive Belt - Rs662.96

Labor
1. Accessory Drive Belt - Remove and Install - Rs270
2. Replace Tensioner Pulley - Rs350

Warranty
1. A.C Bracket - Rs62.83

Total - Rs5094

I was expecting it to be covered under warranty this time around as well, but it seems that the part is covered only till 20k kms and mine at 45000kms is slightly over that!! :-(. But now, this has got me thinking. Is this a common problem with other Fiestas also?
Old 18th October 2010, 20:19   #182
Senior - BHPian

Nope, no whine in my car so far. Perhaps tdci Fiesta owners can share their experience.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:21   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nope, no whine in my car so far. Perhaps tdci Fiesta owners can share their experience.
Yeah it seems to be so. I was checking Suman Da's thread, and even after a lac kms he has not had to change it. Don't remember reading this on any other Fiesta threads also.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:33   #184
Team-BHP Support

Is this the first part you've had to change outside warranty?
Is the EW still present on your car, or did you cross the maximum kms mentioned?
Old 21st October 2010, 17:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is this the first part you've had to change outside warranty?
Is the EW still present on your car, or did you cross the maximum kms mentioned?
The last time this part was changed, it was under warranty. And this is not the first part that I've changed out of warranty. The front discs were changed during last service. 3rd year warranty is still running. They categorize the parts changed under wear and tear, and hence I was charged for them. Wondering if I should go for the 4th year EW. It does cover engine components, AC compressor, electricals and few others.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:59   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hey unni,

We're contemplating purchasing a used fiesta diesel! I guess there will be a lot of highway usage. Have you ever felt the engine is under powered during your usage? How is the low-end throttle response? Turbo-lag?

thanks!
Old 21st October 2010, 20:15   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hey unni,

We're contemplating purchasing a used fiesta diesel! I guess there will be a lot of highway usage. Have you ever felt the engine is under powered during your usage? How is the low-end throttle response? Turbo-lag?

thanks!
Fiesta is a pretty decent mile muncher, apt for highway use. Good handling and good mileage are its core features.

The engine is under-powered, just 68BHP. At times I do wish there was more power to play with. Have I found difficulty over taking on highways? No, not yet atleast. But then, I'm not a very fast driver. Keep to 100-110kmph max. Even when I need to over take quick, I usually drop down one gear and do it. If you are looking at something more powerful, then I guess you can go for a Verna.

Low-end throttle response is one of the best in class. Turbo-lag is pretty minimal. It helps in city traffic where you dont have to keep shifting gears. Turbo kicks in about 1800RPM.

If you are buying a used Fiesta, you can look at adding a Petes box. That will help push the power up a bit. Do ensure that you check out the car thoroughly before buying.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Hey Unni

Great detailed report. Shows your love for this car.

I am also planning on going for the 1.6 SXi, after reading through thousands of threads on T BHP. I would say 75% people prefer the Fiesta over the ANHC, Linea, SX4 and Verna, from the driving pleasure perspective and the price factor.

There is one thing that I was wondering in your service details. In every servicing, you have changed the oil filter. Is that really necessary and/or recommended? I have piled up close to 11,000 on the odo on my Vista till date and never done this.

Do you recommend that I should go for Oil, Air filter change the next time I go for servicing?

Also, from your experience, what else do you think I should get changed, since its 11,000 KMs?

Good report, very nice photos.

I wish you have many more happy miles.

Drive Safe and Enjoy!
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:33   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
There is one thing that I was wondering in your service details. In every servicing, you have changed the oil filter. Is that really necessary and/or recommended? I have piled up close to 11,000 on the odo on my Vista till date and never done this.

Do you recommend that I should go for Oil, Air filter change the next time I go for servicing?

Also, from your experience, what else do you think I should get changed, since its 11,000 KMs?
Thank you Ajay! Oil filter is changed whenever engine oil is changed, which is 6 months or 10000kms for Fiesta, which ever is earlier. I'm not sure of the service intervals for the Vista. However, as a thumb rule, change oil filter when you change engine oil. I suggest you check the car manual, which lists the parts to be changed at each of the service. This will also help you keep track of what needs to be changed and what need not when going for service.
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hey Unni

Thanks for the info.

I had few more queries regarding the Fiesta, if you dont mind.

1) What is the FE that you are getting inside the city?
2) For some strange reasons, the Fiesta 1.6 S is not sold in Pune. I got a call from the Ford dealers and I asked them that I am only interested in the 1.6 S and they said they dont have it. Only ZXi and SXi.
3) Sorry if this is a repeat, How is the comfort on the rear seat, if 3 people are going to seat?

Currently, I am getting 20K free accessories, 10K corporate discount, 15K exchange bonus on Fiesta ZXi and SXi. Is that a good deal?

Also, I am inclined towards the SXi more. What do you suggest? There is around 50-60k difference in the 2 variants. But, SXi is fully loaded, which is what I like. Please suggest.

Regarding colour, I will buy White only. Black is slightly difficult to maintain. Even the new French Eclair or something like that(Chocolate) colour is too nice. Are there any additional charges for any colours?
Old 4th November 2010, 15:48   #191
BHPian

Reply updated in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I had few more queries regarding the Fiesta, if you dont mind.

1) What is the FE that you are getting inside the city? - I don't drive in the city much. Get around 13kmpl with 100% AC and no switching off at signals.

2) For some strange reasons, the Fiesta 1.6 S is not sold in Pune. I got a call from the Ford dealers and I asked them that I am only interested in the 1.6 S and they said they dont have it. Only ZXi and SXi. - Weird indeed. Does it have something to do with emission norms? But then again, 1.6S has the same engine as 1.6ZXi/SXi with some minor tweaks.

3) Sorry if this is a repeat, How is the comfort on the rear seat, if 3 people are going to seat? - 3 medium built people will find it comfortable.

Currently, I am getting 20K free accessories, 10K corporate discount, 15K exchange bonus on Fiesta ZXi and SXi. Is that a good deal? - This looks like a good deal. Do check with other dealers to see if they are able to better the offer.

Also, I am inclined towards the SXi more. What do you suggest? There is around 50-60k difference in the 2 variants. But, SXi is fully loaded, which is what I like. Please suggest. - I'd also pick the SXi. Airbags is a huge plus. Safety first always. Also, you get decent looking alloys.

Regarding colour, I will buy White only. Black is slightly difficult to maintain. Even the new French Eclair or something like that(Chocolate) colour is too nice. Are there any additional charges for any colours? - Black for sure is tough to maintain. I leave a coat of dust on now a days. If someone asks, says its for paint protection!!!
Old 5th December 2010, 08:03   #192
BHPian

Just a teaser

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-img_3982.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-img_4037.jpg
Old 5th December 2010, 11:09   #193
BHPian

Did'nt know you are a mac fanboy!!

So, is this a trip to Rajasthan? Solo?
Old 5th December 2010, 18:19   #194
oss
BHPian

Bring it on, buddy. Waiting for more..
Old 5th December 2010, 21:26   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Did'nt know you are a mac fanboy!!

So, is this a trip to Rajasthan? Solo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Bring it on, buddy. Waiting for more..
Sanjay, the trip was not just to Rajasthan. Did a GQ drive, over the last 7days, covering 13 States and 6200kms!!! Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Delhi - Allahabad - Calcutta - Vizag - Chennai - Bangalore.

OSS, will post more pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks