Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 23:42   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

The car came back but the quality of the job done was very poor. There were a few scratches still remaining and the job he did of polishing it was also bad not to mention the painting wasn't done properly and there were defects in it.
But somehow, my love for the car is still there specially since it is going out of our personal use to ompany use.
Old 17th February 2006, 02:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know. Was the job done at the company dealership?

I am pretty confused at present. From your experiences i am not sure if We will get the same kind of service for our car as we have got until now.

HM sucks. DOwn with HM
Old 18th February 2006, 13:14   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

The job was done at Fortpoint which is the best HM-Mitsu. dealer in Mumbai. Really unhappy so far and they still haven't done the job (and if they have, i haven't seen any changes).
Like the Palio's case. God car, bad service.
Old 18th February 2006, 13:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
The job was done at Fortpoint which is the best HM-Mitsu. dealer in Mumbai. Really unhappy so far and they still haven't done the job (and if they have, i haven't seen any changes).
Like the Palio's case. God car, bad service.

Yeah Mitsubishi lancer is going the palio way. HM sucks. Down with HM
Old 12th March 2006, 17:31   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Now with the TATA- fiat alliance, fiat is atleast doing something now to improve its A.S.S, which was the one major complaint.
Guys, i would like to apologise. The car wasn't sent to Fortpoint for the repairs but was sent out. It was a genuine mistake because everyone except my dad and his driver thought it went to fortpoint.
I am really happy with Fortpoint's service.
BTW, i sat in somebody else's lancer SFXi with the same tyres, same size and everything. That was 4 years old and the car seemed to have a better ride.
Plan to go show ours now. There are also some noises coming from the suspension.
Old 13th March 2006, 00:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

I dunno how come your lancer has some niggling problems now and then.

My car's runnin pretty smooth. My car just came back from a trip. the total city-highway FE was 15. the car should have done 30k by now.

the weak power window motors are somtimes really a menace. But I think the culprit is the battery. because power doesnt reach appropriately to each motor.
Old 8th October 2006, 19:22   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the suspension problem.
We sent thr car to out local mechanic who changed some small part costing Rs 750 and the car rides like a dream now.
I am still in love with the car. Everytime i sit in it, i get a special feeling. Will miss it when she goes.
BTW, all my friends say that its the HOTTEST lancer they've seen. Got me qute pumped up.
Old 8th October 2006, 20:12   #83
Team-BHP Support

hey lamborghini, could you tell me exactly that small part was which you got changed. i have a 2000 lancer sfxi which still runs like a dream.
the rear suspension has given me a few problems in the past so would help if i knew what part you changed and i can go check on the same.

i have just got the tyres changed from the stock 185/60-14 potenza RE88 to 195/60-14 turanza er-60 and after that the cars ride has greatly improved. the tyres are a little bigger and they look better too. the wheel arches look nicely filled unlike before where ther was a big gap.

also i installed the K&N stock replacement filter yesterday. this has improved the low end pick up and the car is much more rev happy.

the battery was also changed to amaron Hi-life 2 days back.

the car has done 57K Kms and has hardly had any faults(touch wood). although i am very disappointed with the lancer service here in bangalore at automobile service station.
Old 9th October 2006, 02:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

my sfxi has has travelled 40K plus.

The dealer here infact is much much better than others it seems.

Check this out.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...6,00020010.htm
Old 30th November 2006, 10:34   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey people.
Got some amzing news and some really bad news.
Good news is related to the lancer and the bad news is O.T.
Good news - The lancer is here with us and is not going back to the factory!!
Bad news - The Palio is. So there maybe a Palio 1.6 being driven with a CNG kit in some small town in Maharashtra but more about that when i post the palio review.

Vid - I will try and find out the part but the person who looks after the bills is currently on leave so it will take sometime but will update surely.
How you finding the tyres and K n N? Is the improvement in performance still there? And how is the F.E?

Other news relating to this car -
It has done 20,000km.
Here's the update on that -
Well, since the last update, the har has left me really really impressed. It hasn't really brokendown since then and just keeps on surprising me. The average has been a constant 9kmpl + and the worst was 8.4kmpl when being ripped with aircon on. The ride is still amazing however there is a squeaking noise coming from the back though that is minor.
From the little bit that i drive, the car still revs freely and the engine feels lmost new. Infact, i was surprised when i saw the odo reading 20Kkm.
I am also in talks with my parents for a speaker system and then maybe once i start driving on the road properly, a K n N air filter but i am a bit optimistic of how to convince them. I am also trying to get tints and a sportier new number plate for which i'll have to pay out of my pocket money. Lets hope it goes well.
Apart from these things, the car got a scratch on the front bumper by a cab which we got repainted.
I will post an update soon and please check out the photo galery which should be updated frequently whenevr i get time to upload new pics minus the L stickering on the plates.
Cheers
Old 26th January 2007, 20:35   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
here's an update,
all of a sudden, the ride seems to have deteriorated back tot the way it was before i ot the part changed. The car jumps all over the road and does not hide the speed the way it used too. You can actually feel the speed at which you are travelling, something which used to happen from day 1 but which i noticed only now, after sitting in my jijaji's lancer.
Any advise on what to do?
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks