Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi Live2drive,

So far no issues with stock rims and the upsize. handles very well. Only concern is the Fog lights which are . looking for an upgrade.
these are in reality not fog light but day running lamps , or else tell me which fog lamps run 27w?

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
True, IOC normal diesel suits this engine best. BP and HP diesels increase the smoke and FE is reduced by a margin. At least this is what I have observed.
Never tried shell though. Not available here in Delhi.

@sajands: Nice report mate! I have a similar monster as yours and mine has done a shade above 37K kms in these two years.
Any issues with 195/60 on stock rims?
195s on stock rims are not a good idea because the rim width is 5.5j and this is a boundary condition ( ref tyre bible) , this can cause issues under harsh driving.

IMHO the performance improvement is a placebo effect . Smoothness yes , from the additive but anything above that ..

Quote:
Did that, still not that happy with the throw of the beam. Planning to juggle with the bulbs and see if I can slip in a slight higer wattages
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

By the way that is a real nice spolier - how much did it cost ??
the cost of the spoiler is also of interest to me .

Last edited by hellstar : 23rd September 2009 at 12:29.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
195s on stock rims are not a good idea because the rim width is 5.5j and this is a boundary condition ( ref tyre bible) , this can cause issues under harsh driving.

the cost of the spoiler is also of interest to me .
Hellstar,

What do you suggest for the stock rims?? are upsize stock rims available. i dont have the budget for alloys for now.

for the spoiler, you can get in touch with satya[blueraven316] he also has more spoiler designs. planning to get more mods on the car to make it look aggressive.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Hi sajands
Enjoy your ride!. Congrads on the happy riding and hope more updates will be there from you. Did you notice, that the Executive pack that Hyundai offers can be purchased as separate kits too. ie; we can avail the things what we really want.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hellstar,

What do you suggest for the stock rims?? are upsize stock rims available. i dont have the budget for alloys for now.

for the spoiler, you can get in touch with satya[blueraven316] he also has more spoiler designs. planning to get more mods on the car to make it look aggressive.
i dont think there is anyway to rectify this than to upgrade to 6J rims , but i dont think you will get 14 inch stock rims with the same PCD anywhere.

I am more interested about the functionality of the spoiler than its looks

Last edited by hellstar : 23rd September 2009 at 13:19.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
Hi sajands
Enjoy your ride!. Congrads on the happy riding and hope more updates will be there from you. Did you notice, that the Executive pack that Hyundai offers can be purchased as separate kits too. ie; we can avail the things what we really want.
Hi Aneeshanand,

Thanks. I am following the tread on that but i doubt that we can pick what we want. I guess its suppose to be the whole package bought and I dont beleive its worth 40k.

What's the update on you getting the projector lights for your verna????
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:10   #21
BHPian

Oh i see. But I read somewhere in that thread, that one guy purchased seperate items from the kit and it cost him less.

I enquired on projector setup, but they are out of my budget right now. There are mod people at TVM and Cochin who can do this, for the time being, i just replaced the bulbs to philips Xtreme power.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Oh i see. But I read somewhere in that thread, that one guy purchased seperate items from the kit and it cost him less.
Where did he purchase it from, which city and dealership???? need to check if trident and adviath hyundai in bangalore provide the same.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:37   #23
BHPian

the user Monochrome did purchase the kit except seat covers, if i remember it right.
check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html

There he have posted the info.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
the user Monochrome did purchase the kit except seat covers, if i remember it right.
check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html

There he have posted the info.
Aneesh, i checked the thread out. Monochrome has purchased the kit for 20k and left out the interiors. Now that hyundai can give as its a huge order, i doubt that they will sell each item seperately.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I enquired on projector setup, but they are out of my budget right now. There are mod people at TVM and Cochin who can do this, for the time being, i just replaced the bulbs to philips Xtreme power.
aneesh , how much would his cost , if you are no comfortable reporting that on the forum , please PM me the details of the people who can do it in cochin or TVM
Old 24th September 2009, 15:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
aneesh , how much would his cost , if you are no comfortable reporting that on the forum , please PM me the details of the people who can do it in cochin or TVM
I just checked with Advaith Hyundai residency road and they have no information on the same. how strange!!!! more over, no banners or broucher on the same.
Old 25th September 2009, 01:36   #27
BHPian

Hi Sajands,

Nice Ownership review for the beast which I am planning to own in near future.

Nice pictures, especially the one taken to explain how does the steering wheel affects the AC vents, and the other one "Get in - Sit down - Shut up - Hold on"

Happy driving!!!
Old 25th September 2009, 08:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Hi Sajands,

Nice Ownership review for the beast which I am planning to own in near future.

Nice pictures, especially the one taken to explain how does the steering wheel affects the AC vents, and the other one "Get in - Sit down - Shut up - Hold on"

Happy driving!!!
Hi Aarman,

Thanks. the sticker does prove a point. Dont distrube a person who is enjoying driving a verna.

If you are planning to own and tame this beast make sure you get one which has ABS.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:46   #29
BHPian

and also make sure you get good tyres and headlights too err... i mean to upgrade
Old 26th September 2009, 03:46   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Aarman,

Thanks. the sticker does prove a point. Dont distrube a person who is enjoying driving a verna.

If you are planning to own and tame this beast make sure you get one which has ABS.
Yeah I have decided to own the beast with ABS

Unfortunately Hyundai have replaced the rear breaks with Drum instead of Disc. Make a good car and how to spoil it with such ommissions we have to Ask Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks