Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/66788-mahindra-scorpio-sle-2009-1-lakh-kms-update-now-sold-2.html)

The interiors look cool. Thank you for the pics, Was your ICE inbuilt or installed as an aftermarket fitment??

Really looks good.The thing i only hate in scorpio is the handicapped gear shift.

You have striked a nice deal with the alloys.Did you got them from a dealer or from outside.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, they look great. Any changes in the instrument cluster? Read in some other thread that there are some changes in the instrument cluster for VLX

no dead pedal??? or did i miss noticing it? that sure is a blessing on those long drives...hey nvldvr...what was the final pricing on road?

Thanks people.

Quote:

so you got delivery on 30th as planned?
i think your choice of 7 seater is an excellent one - this gives you plenty of luggage space with the extreme rear jump seats folded up.
glad to hear that the middle row is comfy and very happy to see the pics too!
all the best and welcome to Scorpio Country!
Yes i got delivery on 30th as planned. And yes this sure is scorp country. Cheers

Quote:

congrats... looks great in white... Although I noticed in the pics as well as on some newer scorpio's on road that there is a noticeable gap between the front headlight and bumper mounts. Maybe some after market part could cover it up?
Havent really had the time to think about this. But sure will have a look.

Quote:

A suggestion, dont keep your air freshner above your head unit.
Yup wud do that. Is it to prevent the liquid from draining into the head unit by accident???

Quote:

The interiors look cool. Thank you for the pics, Was your ICE inbuilt or installed as an aftermarket fitment??
Not inbuilt. Got it fit from a car decor shop.

Quote:

Really looks good.The thing i only hate in scorpio is the handicapped gear shift.

You have striked a nice deal with the alloys.Did you got them from a dealer or from outside.
Dont really think the gear shift is so bad. And i got the alloys from a tyre dealer in vadodara.

Quote:

Thanks a lot for the pictures, they look great. Any changes in the instrument cluster? Read in some other thread that there are some changes in the instrument cluster for VLX
Sorry but little knowledge of VLX instrument panel. May be some one who owns a VLX can guide you.

Quote:

no dead pedal??? or did i miss noticing it? that sure is a blessing on those long drives...hey nvldvr...what was the final pricing on road?
Nope, no dead panel.

welcome to the scorpio club buddy. great to know that you are enjoying your ride. happy motoring.

Thank u Raj. Attaching a few more pics.

Congrats for your new car, i drive a PreFacelift 2+2+3(removed last 3 though) VLX 2.2.

I have checked out the new facelifted scorpio, the best improvement i like in the new facelifted scorpio is the better seats which are a lot better than the previous scorpio. I feel the 2+2+3 arrangement is best with removable last row.

EDIT: I forgot to mention SLE is the best scorpio variant with all the essentials minus the cheap and pathetic gadgets VLX comes with.

I am sure the 2+2+3 CONFIGURATION has the advantage of even the middle row passengers getting captain seat comfort. But there seem to be very around.

After being driven around in the mad mumbai traffic for about 2 weeks or so, the scorpio finally got a chance to strech its legs.
Just back from a diwali weekend getaway at a friends place in lonavala. The journey was extremely enjoyable and comfortable, both for me and my wife. The brilliant M Hawk engine is an absolute pleasure to drive, and no distance is actually long and satisfying enough.
The seats in this new scorpio are very comfortable. The general impression seems to be that ride in a scorpio is bouncy and uncomfortable, specially for the middle row. We did a considerable amount of driving in and around lonavala with our friends, and i have no doubt that the middle row is as comfortable, if not may be a notch more than the front row.
The last row with seats folded up provided plenty of space for our dog and a few small bags.
We left mumbai at around 8pm. Was definitely a wrong time as the road from vashi to start of express way was packed to capacity with trucks, trailers and long distance buses. The situation was same on the ghat section. Infact i had to cover most of the ghat section in 2nd or 3rd gear. Very frusttating to drive at those speeds on an "Express way".
Got 13.5 kmpl on the way up to lonavala. On the way back to mumbai, the figure was 15.5. Drove at around 80-90 kmph at most times. Wasn't really expecting such high FE figures. Really great for an SUV of such proportions.
Had a great time. Loved driving the scorpio. Really happy on a great buying decision. Cheers Mahindra.

good to know about your nice experience buddy. happy motoring.

Have opted for the extended warranty of 2 years. So, for 10 grands, my vehicle is now covered under warranty for 2+2 years. Considering the way it has behaved so far, it seems unlikely that anything major will go wrong. But still doesnt hurt to buy that complete peace of mind for a small amount.

Seems to be you are enjoying with the white elephant.
Was the FE with tank-to-tank full?then that would be great mileage.

Yes it was tankful to tankful method. And yes i am thoroughly enjoying the scorpio ownership experience.

Hey Nvldvr,
The event I was waiting for you happened. I could see that you were considering Scorpio for several months and I was waiting to see what you'd do. Needless to say that I am very happy to see you finally brought your second bride home and also not surprised that you loving every 'adaa' of her.

I should tell you that your dog/s will also love her very much (my two labs are mad about a ride in my Scorpio).

I love the white colour of your car and the great interiors. The engine and maneuverability, of course, is unmatched and I agree about the gearbox. My Scorp's gearbox and clutch has improved hugely in just 5k kms.

Congratulations and millions of happy cruising miles!