Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/66788-mahindra-scorpio-sle-2009-1-lakh-kms-update-now-sold-3.html)

Wow!!! that’s a beauty. Love Scorpio's any day. My dream would be to own a Scorpio in the near future.

Quote:

Hey Nvldvr,
The event I was waiting for you happened. I could see that you were considering Scorpio for several months and I was waiting to see what you'd do. Needless to say that I am very happy to see you finally brought your second bride home and also not surprised that you loving every 'adaa' of her.
I should tell you that your dog/s will also love her very much (my two labs are mad about a ride in my Scorpio).
I love the white colour of your car and the great interiors. The engine and maneuverability, of course, is unmatched and I agree about the gearbox. My Scorp's gearbox and clutch has improved hugely in just 5k kms.
Congratulations and millions of happy cruising miles!
Thank you. I waited for around an year or so to lay my hands on her. But the wait was sure more than worth it. She sure is a beauty.
Somehow i have never had any issues with the clutch or gear box. Have felt them to be just about fine. And i have graduated from a hatch.
My lab too loves the scorp. He loves any car for that matter. Crazy for a ride. The only thing is i have to deal with all the hair he leaves behind.

Quote:

Wow!!! that’s a beauty. Love Scorpio's any day. My dream would be to own a Scorpio in the near future.
Hope you get your scorp soon. All the best.

Just back from a weeks excursion to goa. First long drive for the beast and loved every moment of it. Took NH 17 for the onward journey from mumbai and thoroughly enjoyed the drive on winding ghat roads. Scorp pulled well on all climbs, and overtaking was a breeze. On the way back, it was the NH 4 via kolhapur. Wonderful road with 4 lanes through out. Was able to consistently do speeds of over 100kmph. Didnt venture over 120 though.
The total distance covered was around 1800km including drives in goa. Need to plan some longer drives soon as itch to be behind the scoprs wheels has only increased.
Checked fuel efficieny on both legs of the journey by tank top method. Figures were 14.8 and 14.2 for to and fro legs.
Total mileage is now around 4500 km. Need to plan the first service soon.
A few pics attached.

Congrats on ur Scorpio SLE . I did buy a white color VLX last month and enjoying the ride .

The beast look of Scorpio is best seen in white ( Scorpio also uses white for its Advertisements ) .

Make sure u add a Acrylic sheet all over the vehicle so that the beige color interiors doesn't get spoiled .

good going, surely once you are behing the wheels, miles are going to clock for sure.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.Do share how was the ride quality, any discomfort during the whole trip, how many members were on board during that trip and their say for seats,comforts as well.

vijaythacker -
Quote:

good going, surely once you are behing the wheels, miles are going to clock for sure.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.Do share how was the ride quality, any discomfort during the whole trip, how many members were on board during that trip and their say for seats,comforts as well

The ride quality was excellent. Only passengers were self n wife. Front row seats ofcourse are very comfortable. Half way through my wife decided to lie down on the middle bench to catch up on some sleep. And then there was no stopping her. For most of the remaining part of the journey, she was comfortably n peacefully sleeping there.

Quote:

Ranga - Make sure u add a Acrylic sheet all over the vehicle so that the beige color interiors doesn't get spoiled .
What kind of acrylic sheet are you talking about ranga?

congratulation on your new acquisition nvldvr. it looks great in white. how much did it cost you on road ? what mods are you planning on your new beast? And great deal you got on those alloys. enjoy and have a safe drive.

Great stuff nvldvr. 'The itch to get behind the wheel has only increased' --how apt! I feel the same. Just completed 7.5 k on my car in just 3 months with 3 excellent long journeys already done.

Hi Hoooe, nice to hear from you. I managed only 25000 km in my previous car in 4 years. And while i was going through the service schedule, i was wondering if i will complete the required 5Ks in 4 months. But then i was yet to discover the joys of driving this wonderful machine. So here i am, 4 Ks in less than 2 months.
Good to know that you are also enjoying your scorpio. Where have you driven it around? Looking for ideas for some good long drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 1621090)
Where have you driven it around? Looking for ideas for some good long drives.

Our first drive was to Jaipur just a week after we got the car. It was a fantastic weekend trip. Next, we went to Jaisalmer in October (from Delhi) and made it a point to stay at heritage palaces and Havelis. That turned out to be a great trip as well. Last week we went to Amritsar and then again Scorp's great highway manners impressed us.

Just finished 5000 kms. Got the first service done by G3 motors Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Previous car being a maruti, was used to simply driving into the service centre for regular services. However, luckily called up G3 before hand, and came to know that i have to take an appointent first. Got a date after 2 days from the call.
Really didnt know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by the overall experience. Guys listened to me patiently, and the service was prompt. The following work was carried out:-
(a) Change of oils (engine, gear and differential oil)
(b) Tyre rotation (at my insistence). The service advisor was trying to convince me that it is not required before 20 Ks.
(c) A slight squeaking sound from the last row left jump seat was taken care of with a few bolts being tightened.

Total Cost -
Labour - Nil.
Oils - Rs 2252.00 including VAT.

Mods - Pls change title to 1st service / 5000 km (page 3)

The Scorp completed 40 Ks a few days back. The distances were covered over a span of two and a half years.

The SUV has performed quite brilliantly throughout. No niggles, no issues. Never ceases to amaze every time i get behind the wheel.

Great pick up at all RPMs and excellent manevouribility have continued to be the defining charactersitics of the vehicle. Clucth, gear box and brakes have all weathered the 40 Ks quite well.

The only times it has been to service centres is for the scheduled services. Hence no part / spares replacements done except for the regular consumables (oils).

The stock JK Elanzas have been a disappointment though. The tyres are pretty worn out, and warrant replacement. This is despite me being very particluar in ensuring tyre rotation at every 5 K. On the lookout for a good set of wheels now. Bridgestone / Michelin / Yokos - Suggestions anyone???

There really is nothing much to write except for the fact that the SUV has well and truely lived up to my expectations, never ever giving a moment of worry.

Cheers Mahindra.

Good to hear that you've had a niggle and worry free ownership experience!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 2727160)
The stock JK Elanzas have been a disappointment though. The tyres are pretty worn out, and warrant replacement. This is despite me being very particluar in ensuring tyre rotation at every 5 K. On the lookout for a good set of wheels now. Bridgestone / Michelin / Yokos - Suggestions anyone???

Totally agree with this statement. M&M really need to scrap JK as an OEM supplier and stick to Bridgestone for all 3 variants of the Scorpio.

If you aren't going to travel a lot in the coming 1-2 months, my suggestion would be to change the tyres only when the monsoon is about to start, say in early June or so. IMO, Bridgestone Dueler HT [that come with the VLX] are the most VFM tyres for the Scorpio.

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb (Post 2727268)
Good to hear that you've had a niggle and worry free ownership experience!

IMO, Bridgestone Dueler HT [that come with the VLX] are the most VFM tyres for the Scorpio.

Cheers,
Vikram

Hi Vikram, VFM in what terms? Longevity?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 2727746)
Hi Vikram, VFM in what terms? Longevity?

Apart from longevity, they offer better grip [specially in wet conditions] and less road noise than the JKs at a reasonable price. Of course, there are better tyres than BS available in the market, but then they cost more than BS too.

Cheers,
Vikram