Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 14:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Santro Xing: Now crossed 78000 kms

An update: got the oil changed last week. The AC gas is all gone and I suspect there's a leak in the system somewhere. Need to spare about two days for this work and frankly I need it more for the rains than the summer, so am procrastinating.

There was another problem with the exhaust sounding like a free flow, except that I haven't touched the stock setup. Yesterday went to a small workshop which manufactures the exhaust assemblies for supply to the local parts stores. The existing assembly (the pipe including the end can) was removed and new one fitted. The old one had the pipe torn/ripped just before the end can, and the can had a hole in it, resulting in loud noise and bad vibrations. Both are now gone after the new exhaust. Total cost Rs. 1500/-
Old 10th July 2012, 13:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update: Handed over the car to the Tata Motors dealer as part of the exchange. The deal had been concluded a few days ago, but I was to keep the car for some more days. Finally today the moment arrived to part ways with the trusty old car. Can't say I have tears in my eyes, but I am going to miss it.

The odo has completed 81k and though it's old, there's nothing that a regular servicing and checkup won't fix. The windshield has got a crack on the passenger side from a stone out of a truck's tyres.

The car is Forest Dew in colour and is shod with Michelins which are barely two months old. It's Thane registered.

I have posted all this info here so that in case someone from TBHP comes across and buys it, they will know the details of the car firsthand (I am not entirely sure the dealer won't suppress/change any of it).

Goodbye, Santro!
Old 10th July 2012, 14:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I have posted all this info here so that in case someone from TBHP comes across and buys it, they will know the details of the car firsthand (I am not entirely sure the dealer won't suppress/change any of it).
Goodbye, Santro!
end of a journey and beginning of another!
what are you exchanging the Santro with and how much you got for your Santro?
Old 10th July 2012, 15:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Handed over the car to the Tata Motors dealer as part of the exchange. The deal had been concluded a few days ago, but I was to keep the car for some more days. Finally today the moment arrived to part ways with the trusty old car. Can't say I have tears in my eyes, but I am going to miss it.
Can understand your feeling after parting with your prized possession, had undergone similar emotions when I sold off my Santro. I am sure she will go in safe hands only.

So what did you exchange for? A hatchback/sedan? Do keep us posted of the new buy. BTW at which Tata dealer did the exchange happen?
Old 10th July 2012, 15:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

The exchange happened with Balaji Cars, Thane. About what it was exchanged for, a detailed writeup will be coming, but after a few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks