Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 20:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You can choose what you want. The buzzer ones are cheap, coming in around 3K. The ones with an LCD screen and camera are considerably more expensive.
The Honda dealer told me that the one that comes with the camera is an OE from Honda costing around 22K while the buzzer one is around 4.5K and not a genuine Honda accessory. This is for the Civic, by the way.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:43   #17
BHPian

HI Karizma Fan,

After all the accessories, the car looks good and different. The FE mentioned by you is also good.

Can you please put some photo's of sport pedal? Are the sport pedals fittments from Honda ?
Old 31st January 2010, 14:13   #18
BHPian

I am really astonished after spending so much for ur city u have not upgraded ur seats to an stanley or not even to the OE after cover of the Honda.
Old 31st January 2010, 15:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I am really astonished after spending so much for ur city u have not upgraded ur seats to an stanley or not even to the OE after cover of the Honda.
I don't think it will be good decision to remove the original seat cover and throw it or put an cover over the existing seat cover and preserve it forever. The good thing you are doing is keeping the existing one till it become very dirty or worn out and then go for Stanley or any other covers. Why should we waste a seat cover worth 4-5k?
Old 31st January 2010, 16:08   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Karizma Fan. Great car! And your perspective about incremental satisfaction is a good one.

I may consider this car when I upgrade, and one important criteria is to keep my family comfortable during long drives. I hope you dont mind some questions:

- My height is same as yours I sat in the rear seat of a ANHC once and felt that in the rear seat underthigh support is not good enough. Do you feel the same? The front seat was adjusted for perfectly comfortable driving position for myself.

- Another question about rear seat comfort: How does it feel on bumby roads and potholes for rear seat traveller. You felt it was gliding but I assume that was when you were in driver's seat.

thanks!
Old 31st January 2010, 18:29   #21
BHPian

wow. 57K for alloys!!
nice looking car. Have you thought about upgrading to xenon HID lamps?
IMO, the car would look dashing with those xenons.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:14   #22
BHPian

Hey the car looks awesome with the modifications. It is really different from the traditional Honda City look. Congrats to you.

57k for alloys is a bit too much right? anyway i think you care for the looks more .

Keep the pictures coming up with your reviews,

Regards,
vijay
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
wow. 57K for alloys!!
nice looking car. Have you thought about upgrading to xenon HID lamps?
IMO, the car would look dashing with those xenons.
Yes I have been thinking of it but I keep postponing it. Where do I begin? How much would it cost?
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Congratulations Karizma Fan. Great car! And your perspective about incremental satisfaction is a good one.

I may consider this car when I upgrade, and one important criteria is to keep my family comfortable during long drives. I hope you dont mind some questions:

- My height is same as yours I sat in the rear seat of a ANHC once and felt that in the rear seat underthigh support is not good enough. Do you feel the same? The front seat was adjusted for perfectly comfortable driving position for myself.

- Another question about rear seat comfort: How does it feel on bumby roads and potholes for rear seat traveller. You felt it was gliding but I assume that was when you were in driver's seat.

thanks!

I would say that the rear seat comfort is same as the older Honda City GXi. It is gliding, but not as much as in the front. And I have to sit in a crossed position to let my things rest.

I have sat in the back seat perhaps only 2-3 times. 99% of the time I use it alone. If it had been a coupe or a convertible it would have been awesome for me!
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I don't think it will be good decision to remove the original seat cover and throw it or put an cover over the existing seat cover and preserve it forever. The good thing you are doing is keeping the existing one till it become very dirty or worn out and then go for Stanley or any other covers. Why should we waste a seat cover worth 4-5k?

I had the same in my mind. After 2 years I will upgrade to leather seats and perhaps do a teflon coating and rejuvanate the car.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
HI Karizma Fan,

After all the accessories, the car looks good and different. The FE mentioned by you is also good.

Can you please put some photo's of sport pedal? Are the sport pedals fittments from Honda ?
I will post a pic soon. You can zoom on the existing images for now. Yes they are original fitments from Honda.

Manual trans sport pedals have 3 pedals and will cost around 2.5k and Auto trans is around 1.6k. As you can see mine is the latter.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karizma Fan View Post
I will post a pic soon. You can zoom on the existing images for now. Yes they are original fitments from Honda.

Manual trans sport pedals have 3 pedals and will cost around 2.5k and Auto trans is around 1.6k. As you can see mine is the latter.
Does it has better grip than stock pedals ? What difference you feel ?
Old 4th February 2010, 09:11   #28
BHPian

Yeah, good question on the Sports Pedals. Better grip or just for the looks department?
Old 4th February 2010, 10:59   #29
BHPian

@KarizmaFan,

No doubt ANHC is the one of the best looker in its price range (or any price range for that matter)

I am personally no fan of ATs (you know, MT are the man thing, I am told). But your example of highway overtaking, is there concern about the AT failing in such a maneouvre? I mean, any overtaking is a risky stunt, particularly from behind of bigger vehicles, where the upfront visibility is restricted, is it 100% safe to depend on some software programming instead of being fully in control, manually. This I am quoting becos of concerns raised with drive-by-wire/drive-by-throttle technologies..quite some issues have cropped up as reported in the US, where the driver was not able to slow the vehicle down.

@shamanth/@hrmanju1,

The sports pedal indeed have better grip. I have this on my Fiesta, and previous to that, in Ikon, where it was not there, a kind a slipper feeling was there when the feet was sweating. With the sport pedal, a nice rubbery cushion feeling comes. Mind you, I drive barefoot, and hence it may not matter much to others who drive with shoes on.
Old 4th February 2010, 11:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@KarizmaFan,

I am personally no fan of ATs (you know, MT are the man thing, I am told). But your example of highway overtaking, is there concern about the AT failing in such a maneouvre? I mean, any overtaking is a risky stunt, particularly from behind of bigger vehicles, where the upfront visibility is restricted, is it 100% safe to depend on some software programming instead of being fully in control, manually. This I am quoting becos of concerns raised with drive-by-wire/drive-by-throttle technologies..quite some issues have cropped up as reported in the US, where the driver was not able to slow the vehicle down.

@shamanth/@hrmanju1,

The sports pedal indeed have better grip. I have this on my Fiesta, and previous to that, in Ikon, where it was not there, a kind a slipper feeling was there when the feet was sweating. With the sport pedal, a nice rubbery cushion feeling comes. Mind you, I drive barefoot, and hence it may not matter much to others who drive with shoes on.
Infact its easier and quicker to overtake in AT than in MT, You wont waste the precious amount of time changing gears. And of-course you always have the option to drive in Sports mode, where Gear change takes more time than normal drive mode and push you faster and also you have peddal shift gear which acts like normal Gear, but much easier to shift with just fingers.

After using 5 years of Gear car, i feel AT is better to overtake and also in hairpin bends in Ghats its difficult to beat a AT car, where MT cars waste too much time changing gears.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks