Team-BHP - Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/74632-long-term-ownership-report-swift-vdi-2-lakh-kms-cost-ownership-pg-3-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec (Post 1738790)
Do you work so far away from home? or what is it?? Only for fun??:D

If you have owned these cars over say 20 years you average running per day would be 120 kms approx:Shockked:.

Would love to drive these many kms but only if the roads have been good.

hey kaushik,
i work around 86 kms away from home. so its drive to work and work to drive. i can easily rent a house where i work, but the opportunity to drive 170 odd kilometers everyday simply smothers any thought of renting. its more fun driving. :D
the earlier drives upto my first zen were vacation drives for me but my dad owned a fabrication business and was a also a consultant so he traveled a lot and hence the mileage figures on all the cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1739227)
That works out to 8.7 lacs km in all the cars so far :eek:

No travelogues to share ?

hi sdp,
i've had more fun on my motorbikes. there are a few travelogues from those rides which i'll try to share with you guys. put one on the dangs ride in the travelogues section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 1739805)
Epicenter, I was just dumbstruck to see your review. What a wonderful drive you ve had for 2L kms. Its simply amazing to say the least that the car has handled this way. It surely shows the prowess of the acclaimed engine from FIAT. Great write up and I am feeling good I own the same machine, though I am really far away from your 2L mark :-)

slowly slowly catchee monkey :thumbs up

Hi swiftnfurious,
my reply in caps:

Is the fuel mag a one time investment?
YES ONE TIME INVESTMENT. IT CAN BE REMOVED WHEN YOU SELL YOUR CAR AND FITTED ONTO THE REPLACEMENT YOU BUY PROVIDED IT IS A DIESEL. THE GUYS AT FUELMAG SAY IT WILL ALSO WORK WITH A PETROL CAR BUT THEY HAVENT TESTED IT ON ONE.

Was the K&N filter u had, a stock replacement?
A STOCK REPLACEMENT IT WAS.

Could you give some more details on the filter and also the price of it?
I THINK IT COST ME SOMEWHERE AROUND 5800 BUCKS.

will it give a better performance if I dont have the Pete's box too?
YES IT WILL. THE CAR WILL BREATHE BETTER AND HENCE THE PERFORMANCE WILL BE A BIT BETTER THAN STOCK. I MAY BE WRONG BUT WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS THAT WHETHER OR NOT WE GAIN ON HORSEPOWER BY REPLACEMENT OF THE AIR FILTER, THERE IS DEFINITELY A GOOD CHANGE IN THE TORQUE CURVE AND THE CAR BECOMES MORE RESPONSIVE AND DRIVEABLE.

Hope to see u clocking high and happy mileage on the Punto too!
THANX BUDDY. CANT WAIT TO REACH THE 15000 MARK FAST. THE CAR CROSSED 3000 A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND THE ODO READS 3486 TODAY. THE FIRST SERVICE WAS A BREEZE. WILL BE PUTTING UP THOSE FACTS AND FIGURES ON A DIFFERENT THREAD LATER ON.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 1742705)
Hi e.r,

Does your friend have a brother who might be interested in a Dec '98 Swift Zxi with 8800 Kms. on the clock.
Just like you, I will let it go cheap too at a shade under the invoice value. :D

WILL HAVE TO TALK TO HIM AND FIND OUT

Quote:

Originally Posted by az.shahulhameed (Post 1743193)
Hi epicenter.rulez,

My Swift DDIS has run 10k Kms and I have been thinking of getting these add-ons which should increase performance without sacrificing stock vehcile dynamics. So many people so many many things, like some of my friends said that a 205/55/15 with alloys would be good and I did just that. Though it looks good, I have lost the initial pick-up (torque I guess) which I used to get with my stock tires. Suggestions please.

Car-passionately yours,
Shahul:)

Hey shahul,
i think swiftnfurious answered your questions about the petes box and like he said, there are a lot of other cars around with the same, with atleast two or three highmilers, the threads of which can give you a clear picture of what to expect.
As for the tires, i'll say only this. 205s for me are an overkill. A swift handles beautifully on 195s even on stock 14 inch steel rims. I used 195/65s on my swift for almost 1.65 lac kilometers and trust me, they are sufficient for all you want to do, be it high speed cornering, straight line stability, wet weather driving and everything else.
There may be people who will contest this claim, but these i've found to be adequate atleast on my car. I am not a sedate driver and more often than always, most of the turns are taken at three digit speeds, wet roads have also been tackled at the same speeds very safely.
What i also feel is that anything bigger than 195 on a car the size of the swift would be viable if the car had a bhp figure in three digits.
Just my views.

Epicenter, one more question on the tyres. I currently have the bridgestone potenzas 185 which i upsized as soon as I bought the car. Has run 28K kms so far, looks like i can use it for another 10-15K kms. I would love to go for 195 profiles next time and of course on the stock rims [no Vit M for alloys as of now ].

Which were your tyres [I see those are 195 65 R14] - the brand is what I am asking for. Did you mention those tyres lasted 1 Lac kms? :Shockked:

Also whats the price of those per tyre? Is it easy to find these tyres in the market?

Also how about the ride quality? I dont want to have harsh ride as I go for long distance drives almost every month!

And that was one hell of average FE [23-24] you got on your swift! clap:

Do you mind posting some pics of your Punto? both exterior and interior?

Total travel was 8.7 L km in 3 years? Man, that works out to 4.6 months (at 60 km/hr) of stay in the car over three years. Now that's some driver. Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta Wing (Post 1743837)
Total travel was 8.7 L km in 3 years? Man, that works out to 4.6 months (at 60 km/hr) of stay in the car over three years. Now that's some driver. Cheers.

Delta wing - e r didn't travel 8.7 L kms in 3 years but he has done that in 15 years. He has done 2L in 3 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1743999)
Delta wing - e r didn't travel 8.7 L kms in 3 years but he has done that in 15 years. He has done 2L in 3 years.

Oh sorry, missed that part (sheepish smile). But hey, epic.rulez is some driver to clock that much even in 15 years. It's like 58 k km every year for 15 years? Whoa boy! Almost 159 km every day. That's almost 3 hours a day in the car. No wonder he knows so much about his cars from the super info I read on this thread.

Epicenter, one more question on the tyres. I currently have the bridgestone potenzas 185 which i upsized as soon as I bought the car. Has run 28K kms so far, looks like i can use it for another 10-15K kms. I would love to go for 195 profiles next time and of course on the stock rims [no Vit M for alloys as of now ].

Stock rims are not bad at all. Mine lasted a lifetime. Also easier to replace and can even be repaired in the rare case of damage.

Which were your tyres [I see those are 195 65 R14] - the brand is what I am asking for. Did you mention those tyres lasted 1 Lac kms? :Shockked:

The ones that lasted the 1 lac mark were hankook blackbird vs, 195/65 R14s. Excellent tires with semi soft sidewalls. Give the best of both worlds with the v pattern for good wet weather traction and a wide enough track for some spirited driving in those hot summer months too when the tarmac is as soft as melting cheese. The second set was even more fantastic - Continental Premium Contacts but since they were sports pattern tires, they had very hard side walls which did not take well to rough roads and the ride was all the more exhilarating on highways and good roads, but as soon as some offroading or roads under construction were encountered, each and every pebble underneath the tire was felt onto the seats and steering. when i sold the car, they were around 65k kilometers old and still had around 50 percent of the tread depth available so i guess they'll last atleast 20k kilometers more.

Also whats the price of those per tyre? Is it easy to find these tyres in the market?

Both the tires cost me about 4000 bucks on average and both the times i paid around 20k for a set of 5. never bought 4 tires, always 5.

Also how about the ride quality? I dont want to have harsh ride as I go for long distance drives almost every month!

Already answered :)

And that was one hell of average FE [23-24] you got on your swift! clap:

Swifts have always been very frugal in terms of fuel. We have two dzires in our factory and both deliver around 22 to the liter in all conditions.

Do you mind posting some pics of your Punto? both exterior and interior?

Will definitely do that tomorrow or the day after.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta Wing (Post 1744232)
Oh sorry, missed that part (sheepish smile). But hey, epic.rulez is some driver to clock that much even in 15 years. It's like 58 k km every year for 15 years? Whoa boy! Almost 159 km every day. That's almost 3 hours a day in the car. No wonder he knows so much about his cars from the super info I read on this thread.

@ delta,
you got me worried there dude. even i was confused that i was doing all this driving and my car odo was showing only 2 lac on it. where the hell did the rest of the 6.7 lac go?lol:

But then like dieselfan said, it was actually 2 lacs in 3 years. the rest of the miles were sweet memories in cars gone by, but what drives they were.
drive safe guys

Wow thats awesome mileage and awesome price you got for your car, great going, drive safe.

Well written Review & Awsome sell price!!!

Just a quick question, the Pete which you removed from Swift, do u plan to install in GP. If yes let us know the reviews as I have a GP & plan to go for a Pete's box.

Can some body enlighten me on what fuel mag is as has been mentioned by epicentre_rulez.please:

@ epicenter.rulez
If you were at buyers end, could you have gone for a swift (Diesel) which has done 2lac Kms on odo for 3.55 lacs?

Guys how much can a Multijet run before it needs an overhaul/re-boring ? I think most modern diesel engines last around 2L km. Seriously man, 3.55L for a car that has run so much is amazing ! clap:

@epicenter.rulez
Just too good, 2L kms in 3years and maintenance expenses as low as that. I own a Swift VDI and just delighted to see your Long Term Report.

All the best on ur new Punto.

Checked for the valuation of a Feb 2007 used swift VDI in Ahmedabad with 2L km.

Carwale shows between 3-3.3 lacs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1746256)
Checked for the valuation of a Feb 2007 used swift VDI in Ahmedabad with 2L km.

Carwale shows between 3-3.3 lacs.

Swift D commands excellent used car value. Nothing can even come close to this car.