Team-BHP - Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Long Term Ownership Report: Swift VdI- 2 lakh kms, Cost of ownership on Pg 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/74632-long-term-ownership-report-swift-vdi-2-lakh-kms-cost-ownership-pg-3-a-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1746425)
Nothing can even come close to this car.

You mean nothing can come 'close' to this car in terms of resale ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez (Post 1720687)
@ abhipuru, here is the total cost of ownership excelsheet for your reference...let me know if i have missed out on anything. the costs are approximations which may vary by a maximum of 5%
Hope this helps.

hay e.r,

Amazing review, Glues to this thread.

Did not understand how you computed value of car cost per KM in xls, It seems like you did
total distance travelled in KM/Car cost in Rs

This doesn't seems like true, I think it should be
(Initial car cost - Resell Value)/Distance traveled.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

PS: I have not yet gone through all the posts so not aware if this is already pointed out by someone.

Regards
SpeedEdge

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1746445)
You mean nothing can come 'close' to this car in terms of resale ?

I meant no other car can come close to this in terms of resale. Not even another Swift VDI.

Hi ER..

I am truly impressed with the Swift VDi.
Kudos to MS and hats off to you for clocking 2L in 3 years.

Btw, excellent resale value @ 3.55L for 2L kms.
Whats the OTR price for the Punto and which trim level have you bought?
Congrats and drive safe.

@ Epicenter.Rulez

A few pictures of your ex-car would be highly appreciated. :)

A little off topic may be but just wanted to know expert views

I am getting a swift vdi details are :-

Model --dec 2008
Km Covered-- 21000
Music System -- Sony deck + Sony Speaker
tyrers -- Company Dont remember but broad tyres of good make 60000 km gurantee
Center Locking -- with remote
Seat Cover. -- High quality
Extended Warranty -- Yes
Insurance -- Renewed in Dec 2009

All this I am getting in 4.35 lcas So what do you all think about this offer.
I am almost convinced but just wanted your openions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheLeo (Post 1745409)
Well written Review & Awsome sell price!!!

Just a quick question, the Pete which you removed from Swift, do u plan to install in GP. If yes let us know the reviews as I have a GP & plan to go for a Pete's box.

the box goes in tomorrow or day after. will let you know what happens. this car needs a petes box for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkcrpl (Post 1745541)
Can some body enlighten me on what fuel mag is as has been mentioned by epicentre_rulez.please:

go through the earlier posts brother. it has already been discussed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinmechanic (Post 1745957)
@ epicenter.rulez
If you were at buyers end, could you have gone for a swift (Diesel) which has done 2lac Kms on odo for 3.55 lacs?

considering the condition my car was in, maybe i'd negotiate for about 10000 bucks or give in and buy it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 1746139)
Guys how much can a Multijet run before it needs an overhaul/re-boring ? I think most modern diesel engines last around 2L km. Seriously man, 3.55L for a car that has run so much is amazing ! clap:

i've seen people discussing on this forum itself that common rails last around 3.5 to 4 lac kilometers. we have crdi diesel generator engines and if run properly, they need major overhauls at 20000 hours, except for normal services and maintenance. just goes on to show how much common rails can take. and even if they cant take any more they'll atleast take 200000 kilometers for sure. saw a swift at the workshop the last time i was there with the engine being overhauled at a little over 121000 kilometers. cost a whopping 76000 bucks to do it up. i guess it was a major overhaul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy81 (Post 1746224)
@epicenter.rulez
Just too good, 2L kms in 3years and maintenance expenses as low as that. I own a Swift VDI and just delighted to see your Long Term Report.

All the best on ur new Punto.

drive on buddy. you are going to be more delighted than ever as you clock mile over mile in this amazing machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1746256)
Checked for the valuation of a Feb 2007 used swift VDI in Ahmedabad with 2L km.

Carwale shows between 3-3.3 lacs.

valsad is a considerably smaller city and everybody knows everybody, so this helps a lot and hence the slightly elevated resale value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalitk25 (Post 1748681)
A little off topic may be but just wanted to know expert views

I am getting a swift vdi details are :-

Model --dec 2008
Km Covered-- 21000
Music System -- Sony deck + Sony Speaker
tyrers -- Company Dont remember but broad tyres of good make 60000 km gurantee
Center Locking -- with remote
Seat Cover. -- High quality
Extended Warranty -- Yes
Insurance -- Renewed in Dec 2009

All this I am getting in 4.35 lcas So what do you all think about this offer.
I am almost convinced but just wanted your openions.

Go for it. Maybe you could negotiate and bring the price down by another 10 or 15k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 1748283)
@ Epicenter.Rulez

A few pictures of your ex-car would be highly appreciated. :)

there may be a couple of them but i'll have to look hard. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameern.85 (Post 1747917)
Hi ER..

I am truly impressed with the Swift VDi.
Kudos to MS and hats off to you for clocking 2L in 3 years.

Btw, excellent resale value @ 3.55L for 2L kms.
Whats the OTR price for the Punto and which trim level have you bought?
Congrats and drive safe.

thanx. i have a punto emotion pack. got the 2009 model with free insurance and all that. the car is white, and is around 620806 ex showroom. bought it from ujjwal auto, dhule for 610000. paid 15000 as entry tax into gujarat and 35000 for the registration and stuff. still cheaper by around 15k as compared to gujarat. got a special number through direct contacts at the rto office and without having to pay the necessary 3000. so the car is now gj 15 ad 98 with 4000 kilometers on the odo. got it on the 2nd and today is the 23rd. simply put 4000 kilometers in 20 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1747884)
I meant no other car can come close to this in terms of resale. Not even another Swift VDI.

some lucky bugger will get it some day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_edge (Post 1747593)
hay e.r,

Amazing review, Glues to this thread.

Did not understand how you computed value of car cost per KM in xls, It seems like you did
total distance travelled in KM/Car cost in Rs

This doesn't seems like true, I think it should be
(Initial car cost - Resell Value)/Distance traveled.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

PS: I have not yet gone through all the posts so not aware if this is already pointed out by someone.

Regards
SpeedEdge

hi speededge, if i take your formula into consideration, the cost is around 0.95 paise per kilometer. which is even better. but i think we will leave it to everyone else to decide what formula should be considered when calculating the cost of ownership.

hope this helps.

Oh man!! One hell of a report and as everyone said you sure are one driving maniac or a driveholic or may be I need to find some new adjectives to describe you. I am sure even a regular cab drivers wont do so much in such a short time. Kudos to you.

I liked your detailed report and it sure does put an end to the endless list of doubts for many. Way to go buddy. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez (Post 1749023)

hi speededge, if i take your formula into consideration, the cost is around 0.95 paise per kilometer. which is even better. but i think we will leave it to everyone else to decide what formula should be considered when calculating the cost of ownership.

hope this helps.

e.r.

But your XLS shows 0.36, This is way lower than 0.95. May be misleading.

Hi Mandeep
Simply amazing. I have been dazzled reading through your amazing experience and the comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_edge (Post 1750244)
e.r.

But your XLS shows 0.36, This is way lower than 0.95. May be misleading.

its not misleading at all. its the cost of ownership of the car before it was sold. and even otherwise, the cost of ownership will not be calculated according to your formula where you consider only the purchase value of the car less the sale value of the car and divide it by the kilometers travelled. where do the maintenance and other heads go?
hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez (Post 1752086)
its not misleading at all. its the cost of ownership of the car before it was sold. and even otherwise, the cost of ownership will not be calculated according to your formula where you consider only the purchase value of the car less the sale value of the car and divide it by the kilometers travelled. where do the maintenance and other heads go?
hope this helps.

ER,

Seems like I'm missing something here. Anyway, This one is the trivial thing compared to what other interesting ownership review you have posted here. Aim is to correct the information in xls for all BHPians reference. I hope I'll be wrong & what you did might be correct, But I'm not able to understand the way you computed Car cost per KM stupid:(And not the the Total Cost of Ownership per KM).

I Agree with you for the fact that we have to include all maintenance cost also for the final per KM cost to user. Car cost per KM should also be one of the contributor to that number. No Disagreement here.

What I was referring here is, XLS does 2L KM/5.5L Rs to compute car cost per KM. I'm not able to understand this part. I would at least expect it to be Rs/KM for Car Cost per KM.

Regards
SpeedEdge

Nice review and big plus for the car. This review clearly says why maruti is still no 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_edge (Post 1752572)
ER,

What I was referring here is, XLS does 2L KM/5.5L Rs to compute car cost per KM. I'm not able to understand this part. I would at least expect it to be Rs/KM for Car Cost per KM.

Regards
SpeedEdge

got your point speededge,
looking at it now. will put up a new xlsheet asap.

Punto....4350 on the odo...peted.....initial feel is that the car has smoothened out a lot and it pulls amazingly even on a stock air filter.
watch this space for more info as i put the car through its paces. clap: