Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 13:29   #196
BHPian

Since this thread has delved deep into the servicing costs area, I'll ask this here:

I had gone to TD the ANHC the other day, and also asked to speak to the service manager to get a feel what kind of people they are. Since I had TD'd both the MT and AT variants, I asked the service manager if the AT had any extra servicing costs compared to the MT, and he replied that the servicing costs for AT will be the same as MT.

Is this true?

On another note, I also find it pretty amusing that Honda has a very low timeout for engine change. It doesn't reflect well for someone having the latest technology, but it looks like they like to fill their and their dealer pockets.

Last edited by echo77 : 28th May 2010 at 13:33.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:34   #197
Senior - BHPian

For Civic, first service is at one month or 1000 kms, second at 6 months or 5000 kms and third at one year or 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier. I think even ANHC should have the same schedule.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:35   #198
BANNED

I guess its the same if there is no difference between the transmission oil.
becasue thats the only difference in both the cars.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:46   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
For Civic, first service is at one month or 1000 kms, second at 6 months or 5000 kms and third at one year or 10,000 kms, whichever is earlier. I think even ANHC should have the same schedule.
Hey Vasoo, i was told the 3 services to be done within 6 months by the SA.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:50   #200
BHPian

Quote:
ANHC intervals

1st - 1 month/1000 km
2nd - 3 months/5000 km
3rd - 6 months/10k km

In my case I completed 10k in just little more than 5months.

Stingy Honda. I had a look at the Engine oil that got drained during the third free service, I was surprised to see how dark it was I never expected it to turn it that way for just 5k kms.

What could be the reason?

Iam only assuming SA showed me the oil from my engine.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 28th May 2010 at 13:52.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:19   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Vasoo, That sounds interesting. I am not sure why it is different for ANHC !! Anybody knows ?
Old 28th May 2010, 18:15   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vasoo, what happens post the 3rd free service is the oil interval 10K kms or 1 year?

Compare this with service intervals for its direct competition the Altis -

1st free service - 1000 kms/1 month (no oil change)
2nd free service - 10,000 kms/12 months (oil change)
3rd free service - 20,000 kms/24 months (oil change)

Correct me if I am wrong, assuming the 1st service in the Civic doesnt mandate an oil change, under ordinary circumstances and running conditions, the Honda costs twice as much to maintain in terms of oil changes i.e. 2 oil changes a year.

Why Honda, why?! Arent you ripping people off with your new car pricing and increased service frequencies? Cost of ownership and maintenance do matter!

Toyota has its own OE synthetic 5w-40 API SM oil (Idemitsu, mfred by Savita Chemical). Drain interval is not extended by purchasing synthetic. It remains the same i.e. 10K kms/1 year. Synthetic OE oil costs about 4x more compared with mineral.

For sheer value for money stick to mineral oils. Good quality mineral oil will lube and protect your engine well enough under normal usage.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th May 2010 at 18:16.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:16   #203
BHPian

After 3 months of owning the Honda city, I was in fact not knowing where the jack (for replacing tyres) is kept in the car.

I found the location from a colleague at work. I hope you all knows where it is

Last edited by B103 : 7th June 2010 at 16:18.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:17   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
After 3 months of owning the Honda city, I was in fact not knowing where the jack (for replacing tyres) is kept in the car.

I found the location from a colleague at work. I hope you all knows where it is
Were you not shown the equipment in the car by the dealer staff at the time of the delivery? I was shown every piece of equipment that came with the car. I even had an orientation session where-in I was told how to start/ stop the engine, pull the key out, adjust the EVMs, central lock, service/ oil change intervals, introduction to Honda one-to-one, service center numbers, etc.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:32   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Were you not shown the equipment in the car by the dealer staff at the time of the delivery? I was shown every piece of equipment that came with the car. I even had an orientation session where-in I was told how to start/ stop the engine, pull the key out, adjust the EVMs, central lock, service/ oil change intervals, introduction to Honda one-to-one, service center numbers, etc.
Thanks Kalyan. I did not have any orientation session as mentioned by you. I cannot remember if I was told where the jack is. But I could never find it as it is tightly packed and safely tucked away in that obscure place.

I started wondering where it is when I went for my first long drive. Thought of asking this question during my second free service but forgot it because of the commotion associated with mineral/synthetic oil.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:22   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
Thanks Jayanth. I posted my feedback to Honda in the URL which you gave here. I am not sure if it works as I got a bounced mail immediately:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached honda@logix.in on 5/25/2010 11:19 AM. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <hondaweb2007.hondacarindia.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 #5.1.0 Address rejected honda@logix.in.

Probably, we have to call and speak to them like Shamanth had.
Hi Biju,

I have sent one query today and I received the same response failure response, but the surprise is we just gave this as a reference ID in the form. how come it tried to send a mail from our mailID???? I received it as an "UNDELIVERABLE MAIL"

But after a few minutes I got a confirmation on my GSM with a tracking number as well. So far didn't receive any call from them

Anyways my query was on anti-corrosion coating, Last time SA was insiting to get it done for underbody, I wanted to get it done outside and I was seeking help from you guys. But then stumbled an explaination on this in the manual, which goes as follows

"many corrosion-preventive measures are built in to your vehicle, you can help keep your vehicle from corroding. bla bla bla

Have the corrosion-preventive coatings on the underside of your vehicle inspected and repaired periodically"

Which meant to me that it has the coating already, which I expected to be. I remember reading that the entire chasis undergo/get's dipped in anti-corrosion coating when they manufacture. Am I correct?

So I asked Honda guys to confirm me the intervals? and as well a need to get them re-done within the first year of ownership.

Frankly speaking, I had my old car (santro Xing) for 5.6years and I never got this coating done. Touchwood didn't face any issue either.

Cheers
Raghu

Last edited by raghu230506 : 9th June 2010 at 19:22. Reason: format
Old 9th June 2010, 21:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Biju,
Anyways my query was on anti-corrosion coating, Last time SA was insiting to get it done for underbody, I wanted to get it done outside and I was seeking help from you guys. But then stumbled an explaination on this in the manual, which goes as follows

"many corrosion-preventive measures are built in to your vehicle, you can help keep your vehicle from corroding. bla bla bla

Have the corrosion-preventive coatings on the underside of your vehicle inspected and repaired periodically"

Which meant to me that it has the coating already, which I expected to be. I remember reading that the entire chasis undergo/get's dipped in anti-corrosion coating when they manufacture. Am I correct?

So I asked Honda guys to confirm me the intervals? and as well a need to get them re-done within the first year of ownership.

Frankly speaking, I had my old car (santro Xing) for 5.6years and I never got this coating done. Touchwood didn't face any issue either.

Cheers
Raghu
Hi Raghu,
Even I have got the under body coating done in the first service it self. I don't know whether Honda takes care of any sort of anti rust coating in manufacturing, but I felt that ANHC in particular having low gound clearence, possibilities of under body scrubbing is more and hence the need for under body coating.

This time when I took the car for 3rd free service, I wanted them to inspect the under body for any scratches/damages, they told me that there were some scratches and had developed signs of rusting. I got that recoated free of cost.

Actually, the anti rust coating is needed the most in coastal areas than places like Bangalore, so other cars may not even need them but with the ANHC+Bangalore combination you may need one is my thought.
Old 10th June 2010, 00:12   #208
BHPian

Hey Jayanth. First of all, congratulations for choosing this great car.

As for the under body coating. I dont really think it has any aberration resistant quality. Its pretty much like any other paint that will peel off when you scrape the under body on our Bangalore MotoX ramps. And if i am right i have noticed on my visits the the Honda showroom, the presence of some sort of underbody coating on the car. Which i am sure is probably of a higher quality that any of the showroom guys can provide. But, then its always good to have a second layer of protection for peace of mind and am sure it helps during the monsoon.

Happy mile munching!!!!!!!!!
Old 10th June 2010, 09:02   #209
BHPian

That is true, it is almost like a paint layer, and it provides protection against any under body scrape. The one that I got is from waxoyl, this sticks like tar and in case of scraping it doesn't peel off. I just felt that it is easier to get a recoating done to that part to avoid further rusting.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:27   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Hi Raghu,
Even I have got the under body coating done in the first service it self. I don't know whether Honda takes care of any sort of anti rust coating in manufacturing, but I felt that ANHC in particular having low gound clearence, possibilities of under body scrubbing is more and hence the need for under body coating.

This time when I took the car for 3rd free service, I wanted them to inspect the under body for any scratches/damages, they told me that there were some scratches and had developed signs of rusting. I got that recoated free of cost.

Actually, the anti rust coating is needed the most in coastal areas than places like Bangalore, so other cars may not even need them but with the ANHC+Bangalore combination you may need one is my thought.
Hi jayanth,

Iam planning to get it done anyways this weekend. Just wanted to hear what Honda would say on this.

Cheers
Raghu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks