Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 23:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

@ All: Thanks a lot guys. I am just loving the car and always looking out for excuses to roam around in my beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Congrats once again on buying a terrific car! The MJD Punto experience has been excellent so far for my family.

Last but not the least, Thank You a million times for maintaining the Palio so beautifully. After the 1000kms clocked yesterday, I now call it Silver Surfer!

Have a great ownership experience with the Punto!
Hey Praful, I know you will take care of beauty very well and so I was happy to hand it over to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
One question on the key - does it come with a boot release button like Linea ? I am not really sure whether GP is having electric boot release mechanism like Linea.
As Anshuman said it does not have electric boot release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Punto diesel. Congrats and kudos on your brand loyalty.

But given your running so far (20k on the palio in <5 years), why a Multijet? Just wish to understand.
1. My monthly running has increased to 800 as I do one compulsory trip to Mumbai (To in-laws place).
2. My company is shifting to 30km from my place from existing 7km.
3. The on road difference between Petrol and Diesel is 45-50K. So no more initial savings on petrol.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:47   #32
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy!!

Punto looks stunning in black.
Do post more pictures and your driving experience.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:44   #33
BHPian

congrats on your buy it is a joy to ride and own ...happy mile crunching
Old 16th March 2010, 09:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy! Just can't stop staring at your Black P!
Old 17th March 2010, 10:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Driving experience:

1. Handling: For me, good handling car is not a new territory. My Palio was as stable as anything when I did 15* (on odo) kmph. Straight stability of Palio is in its own league. Punto takes this confidence one step further. I have max touched 100 till now (Being it new did not push) and felt like I am doing 60-70. Even on the curves I need not be too gentle going ahead . Punto sets a new record in handling department for sure.

2. Ride: In one word its "Wow". Even when you take it on a broken tarmac, you feel like on a butter smooth road. It absorbes all the bumps and rides well. I would say it has better ride than my Palio. Palio suspension is on a harder side than this. You can feel the well balanced weight of the car and she eagers to be pushed hard.

3. Visibility: The rear visibility is not as good as my Palio. The rear glass seems a bit cramped and does not give you good overall visibility. The ORVMs come to rescue though. I remember GTO's comment about the ORVMs don't cover much area but I seriously feel it is more than enough.

4. Driving: I feel its very easy to drive it in city as well as on highway. The key is to keep it in right gear. Its not as peppy as my friend's swift but then not very lethargic as well. I was driving Palio 1.2 for 5 years and find Punto very easy to drive due to good torque. Steering wheel is a treat on this car. Its very accurate and well balanced. Again no news for me as Palio's steering was as good.

5. Head turner: Its a true eye candy. Whenever I was roaming people were staring at my car and smiling at me. Suddenly everybody has become friendly :P. Every color on Punto looks as classy as other. These Italians sure know their business.

6. Sore points: I have already covered the speedo issue in the dealer feedback post. Apart from that not a single thing as of now.

I am trying hard to get some time off for a good photo shoot. I will cover interiors as well being it a 2010 model.

--
"If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1.0"
Old 21st March 2010, 15:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Finally managed a quick highway + city ride early in the morning. Uploading few of the shots. The average I got is 18.6 kmpl and I am sure this will go up as the running builds up.
Attached Thumbnails
Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210033.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210054.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210055.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210056.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210077.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210083.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210086.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210091.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3210094.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 16:15   #37
BHPian

Excellent snaps, neoonwheels. The instrument cluster looks quite upmarket when compared to the likes of Marutis. The Punto certainly looks gorgeous in black.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:46   #38
BHPian

Great pics Neo. The more of the Punto I see everyday, the more I'm convinced this would be the most logical upgrade from my current Swift VXi someday.

Seeing the pics, I couldn't help asking, are you in Infosys?
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:22   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pictures there.

By the way, how is the noise insulation as compared to the older model and has the blower noise reduced in the 2010 models
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:40   #40
BHPian

Amazing pictures !
Punto looks HOT in black !
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Great pics Neo. The more of the Punto I see everyday, the more I'm convinced this would be the most logical upgrade from my current Swift VXi someday.

Seeing the pics, I couldn't help asking, are you in Infosys?
Thanks. I work in Sungard. Went to Hinjewadi to click few birds but could not resist clicking my beauty instead .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Excellent snaps, neoonwheels. The instrument cluster looks quite upmarket when compared to the likes of Marutis. The Punto certainly looks gorgeous in black.
I am not sure if the instrument panel quality has been improved. But to me its certainly not cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Great pictures there.

By the way, how is the noise insulation as compared to the older model and has the blower noise reduced in the 2010 models
High blower noise if typical of FIAT. My Palio blower also used to make noise when set on high mode. In Punto the AC is so effective that I end up setting Fan to mid level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Amazing pictures !
Punto looks HOT in black !
Yeh. I just love that black on Punto.

Thanks
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Argh those ugly mudflaps... they have spoiled the look of the car! Please please please get rid of them!
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Argh those ugly mudflaps... they have spoiled the look of the car! Please please please get rid of them!
+1 to that.
I removed them from my Punto as well. Completely spoils the look from rear.
Seems like FIAT borrowed the mud flaps design from trucks.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
On top of that they are not the original it seems. Will get rid of those in 1st service.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

Why cant they have small and subtle cup style on Linea and Punto? They look like they belong to a rally car... so big!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks