Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 19:40   #61
BHPian

congrats on your car neo sir.hope you checked my car too.?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
congrats on your car neo sir.hope you checked my car too.?
Of course I have seen your beauty and fell in love with her. One thing which kept up cropping in my mind is, how a chrome bordering on the grill (Along side with black coloring) will look on your beauty? Like the one you have on Audi grills?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:39   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Of course I have seen your beauty and fell in love with her. One thing which kept up cropping in my mind is, how a chrome bordering on the grill (Along side with black coloring) will look on your beauty? Like the one you have on Audi grills?
Not too good.
I was thinking that myself a few days ago. I asked a friend to photoshop it, it didn't appeal that much to me (Atleast in that rendered image).

I tried that on a silver grill, it "might" look better on black.

OT. I think Linea comes with a chrome beading around the grill.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is actually a very good suggestion, but a slightly less shiny version would be good, something like an buffed aluminium finish. It will match perfectly with Vignesh's zany alloys.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
This is actually a very good suggestion, but a slightly less shiny version would be good, something like an buffed aluminium finish. It will match perfectly with Vignesh's zany alloys.
Right. I guess a less shining beading will suit light colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Not too good.
I was thinking that myself a few days ago. I asked a friend to photoshop it, it didn't appeal that much to me (Atleast in that rendered image).

I tried that on a silver grill, it "might" look better on black.

OT. I think Linea comes with a chrome beading around the grill.
Yes the Linea has beading but only on the upper grill I guess. I was talking about something on the lines of an Audi. Black car will look good I guess with this. I should seriously think about it some day as I have a black Punto
Old 6th April 2010, 11:13   #66
BHPian

Here, I found that photoshop'ed image:
Attached Thumbnails
Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-cromefront.jpg  

Old 6th April 2010, 11:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Yeh, not very tempting. It might look good on black though. Also the beading should be of metallic shade like on the FIAT logo.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Its been a month since I bought my car and today I completed 1100km. Driven mostly in city (80%). Overall I liked the ride and comfort it offers. AC got effective after putting 3M films on sides but then still it will improve once I install front windshield film. This is probably the highest run I achieved in any of my car in a month.

This time when I filled up diesel, following are the statistics:

Run: 495km
City/HW: 60/40
Fuel: 30.78 ltr
Avg: 16.08 kmpl
AC: 100% ACC set at 20C
Old 12th April 2010, 11:32   #69
BHPian

neo saab,
i have seen such an audish grill in one turkey punto club website.looks okish.will try to post the pic once i get it.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

First servicing done

I am done with the 1st free servicing. Car has clocked 2400 and its been 2.5 months since I bought the car. Following is my feedback:

1. I reached the dealership around 8:45 am. The security person guided me to the queue.

2. I was then in 5 mins attended by the service adviser. There was only one issue I am facing since last 2 weeks. A squeaking noise from right rear side.

3. I was waiting in the customer lounge and in another 1/2 hour I saw my car in the service bay. Then I went to stand by the car and the mechanic happily started telling my about the components while doing his job.

4. The engine oil was topped up (500 ml) which is chargeable (300/-). Everything else in the engine compartment looked good. The air filter then cleaned and refitted. Wheel alignment done free of cost.

5. After 1st service customs done, I explained the squeaking noise and its more or less area. We then took a test ride and he confirmed the same. It took us around 6-7 500m strech trips to confirm the noise as its not consistent.

6. The technician thought it could be a shock absorber problem so he replaced it with brand new from the inventory. The problem is still present. It was already 3 by then. He asked me if I can leave the car for a day as they wanted to open up the rear seats to narrow down the issue. I will be going to the service center in 2 weeks time for this.

7. Washing was a bit slow as there were around 30 cars for washing in queue. They have done a wonderful job and my car is back to the glory again.

8. The technician somehow was pissed off by the dealer mgnt. He told me everyday the mgt takes 70 cars (FIAT+TATA) for servicing and this really puts burden on them. He said issues like the one I have take longer time and so they are under tremendous pressure and everybody is unhappy.

9. Total bill is 300/-.
Oil top up was charged which is okay I guess.

Overall, I give them 9/10. I wish they would have solved the sueaking noise issue but then such issues are hard to crack. The shock absorber was readily available. This reminds me, since last 3-4 years, I am visiting this dealership and I only once faced part out of stock issue (Heater cable - Palio).

I will update on the ownership report in couple of days time.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
First servicing done
Which service station BU Bhandari or Pandit? It's surprising that the shock absorber was changed without you pushing for it. That's a good change in TASS behavior.
Old 5th June 2010, 00:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First servicing done

6. The technician thought it could be a shock absorber problem so he replaced it with brand new from the inventory. The problem is still present. It was already 3 by then. He asked me if I can leave the car for a day as they wanted to open up the rear seats to narrow down the issue. I will be going to the service center in 2 weeks time for this.
Well, it seems like a very good service experience overall. Surely a good sign for Fiat owners.

What did you think about the service facilities and technician knowledge?
Old 7th June 2010, 10:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Its BUB pune. Well I am going to their A** since 2007. Initially for Palio and now for Punto. My primary reason going their was their technical head who is also BHPian and has immense knowledge on FIATs. He left since few months, but overall the staff is good as most of them are from Ashwamegh (FIAT dealer).

Even I was surprised to see them changing the shock without me asking for any kind of replacement. I asked him whether this could be the shock, his initial assessment was, boot lock. Good thing is, they did not give any reason like "this is normal" and blah blah but instead they said, we will open the seat assembly and boot lock assembly and will resolve this. I will go to the service by this month end again.

I always had a good experience with BUB and so I did not bother buying another FIAT. Its always good to have good support behind one of the better products in market. The key is to be as friendly with the technicians as possible. I am car enthusiast and so I always make it a point to be with my car while its being serviced. I dont mind putting a day or two in a year for servicing my car. I love FIATs and I can afford this. This is where the 15000 km/once a year service helps you
Old 8th June 2010, 19:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

3000 km in 3 months and counting....

Well I bought Diesel since I anticipated that my office would move to the far end of the city. But as of now nothing happened and my office is still good 7 km from my house. What has increased my running is the sheer pleasure of driving my beauty . My previous car had run 22K in 5 years and by this standard I am running my current car really well. Following is a brief summary of my ownership of this beauty:

1. The MJD has got awesome drive-ability in city. You can easily roam around in 3rd gear. 1st and 2nd are pretty useless. Just get rid of them asap and settle down on 3rd gear.

2. The engine noise is audible at > 100 kmph but then the damn good handling of the car makes you push her to 3 digits on empty roads. The engine note at idle is pretty good. I use ICE to beat this engine noise at higher speed. I pushed her till 140 only once but then I realized that I am yet to finish my 3K so again settled at 90-100. She is a real gem of a highway car.

3. The handling of the car is no new story. A real gem. The tyres aid the handling and straight line stability is in its own league. Its very confidence inspiring and you never bother pushing her beyond 100. You can feel a slight body roll at cornering but then its still very much manageable.

4. Brakes are excellent. I have motion pack equipped with ABS and they are very much confidence inspiring. The bite is very precise and you can always trust the braking of this car. I have migrated from Palio which had some what spongy brakes but Punto is awesome in this dept. (BTW Palio also has a nice braking, its only the feel which sets you off)

5. The overall visibility of the car is good. The rear view is a bit cramped due to the C pillars. But then the ORVMs come handy. One thing which I hate is, Punto has a good blind spot on drivers side. The A pillar restricts you quite a bit but then once you get used to it, its not a big issue. The dashboard is very lengthy and you have to adjust your instincts on the front side.

6. Any color on Punto looks as hot as any other. I hate this because you find it very difficult to decide on your color. I was confused between red and black but then settled for black. White also has a real nice elegant look. Silver and Blue have understated yet classy looks. The color quality is really good. This is typical FIAT so no surprises in this dept.

7. Interiors: Nothing has fallen off on my Punto. Touch wood. I dont feel the plastic is cheap. The fit was the problem in 2009 Puntos but then its certainly not as bad as people put them. Quality varies from person to person but for a 7L diesel hatch I dont mind it at all. I am okay with them instead of putting 1L+ to get that premium feel.

8. Do I need to say anything on the styling of the car? Shes a looker, period.

9. Issues: Only a single issue since I bought her. Recently a weird "krrrr" sound is coming from rear right side. The A** changed the shock free of cost but the problem is not resolved. In 2 weeks time I will visit A** once again and we will narrow this down. I will update once I get the exact problem. Initial impression of the technician is: Either rear seat assembly (Any hook/bolt/connector etc) or the boot lock.

10. FE: Following are the figures till now:

13.76930661 : 90% City drive, 100% AC
16.08187135 : 60% City, 40% HW, 100% AC
14.10857909 : 70% CITY, 30% HW, 100% AC
17.59322034 : 50% City, 100% AC
16.83523654 : 40% City, 100% AC

I am very much happy and in love with the car. Will upload the pics once I visit Mahabaleshwar/Kokan this weekend.
Old 8th June 2010, 23:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the updates. Are your F.E figures low. I was of the impression that most were getting around 15 in city. Your 13 seems to be at par with my Figo TDCi mileage in city with a/c.

About that krr sound. Have you checked the seat lock clips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks