Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 23:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Wow, what a neat baby you've got your hands on, Ram !
How on earth do you manage aquisitions like this ?

Do tell us about the driving experience, I've always admired the 309 for its ride and roadholding..
Ravi..This was a surprise acqusition,thanks to Team BHP..BBlost helped me find this beauty.Hats off to Team BHP Spirit.
Today i spent 1/2 days driving the car and its goes like a tank.Suspension is the highlight as the car glides over pot holes and speed brakers.
Will post more experiances.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:44   #47
BHPian

Great Interiors, Lucky you!

Wow!

That dashboard looks awesome. You are lucky to get one without the dashboard cracks!

Is the HVAC controls working. The ones on my car never worked. The lovre control and blower speed was set constant. It also had a retrofitted switch for the a/c. But your car looks clean and seems not messed up.

Another thing about is the car the spare tire is suspended as seen in MUV's.
Not the easiest way to access.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Suresh..The HVAC works wonderfully and the chill factor is amazing.There are vents even near leg room.
The spare tyre is difficult to access,but I have gone for Tubeless wonders..so puncture ko Bye bye !!!

Last edited by hillram : 19th May 2010 at 00:01.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Nicely maintained Peugeot that is! btw what are the specs of the 309?
Old 19th May 2010, 00:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Nicely maintained Peugeot that is! btw what are the specs of the 309?
Its a 1369 cc Petrol version,non-power steering,HVAC included.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:36   #51
Senior - BHPian

You people will be surprised to know that,

this is the car that UBS Sir also once had among all his 50 or so odd Jeeps.

If fact its the only car he and his better half mentioned that they liked a lot.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hillram. Its a pleasure to take over a car that has been so well taken care of. What about spare parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This was my first car, or rather the older version with a 1.6 GTI 120 bhp engine. The close ration gear box and stiffer suspenion made it the best driving car i ever owned. This was in the UK
So its French Connection UK then
Old 19th May 2010, 08:33   #53
BHPian

Congrats Hillram! The 309 is indeed a lovely car to drive. Had the pleasure of driving an uncle's a couple of years back.

I have been told that when it was launched, it was the only car which came fully loaded in India - alloy wheels, HVAC, power windows and stuff, that even the Esteem did not have in the coming years.. Anyone can shed light on this?

Some more interior pics please! Also, please let me know where you are sourcing your spare parts from. I have an Uno and any dealer that can get 309 spares must stock Uno spares too..

Congrats again and drive safe.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

When my father purchased the S1 in august 95 the dealer ended up giving the sticker of this soon to be launched car stating "MY NEXT CAR IS A PEUGEOT". One of the sticker was stick to our S1's rear windshield. Another one i sticked at the Garage room's door.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
I have been told that when it was launched, it was the only car which came fully loaded in India - alloy wheels, HVAC, power windows and stuff, that even the Esteem did not have in the coming years.. Anyone can shed light on this?.
The 309 GL/GLD never came wwith alloy wheels. The Diesel version GLD came with the factory fitted Keyless Entry. and front power windows.(This is certain because the 97 309 GLD that I owned had them.

Keyless entry should have been a first for cars in 1996-97. But the car did not come with the much needed Power Steering.
Some one needs to confirm if later versions had them.
Old 19th May 2010, 22:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Im having tough time with the spare parts for 309.I was infact warned of this.
I needed new A?C Control knobs and i found 2 of them and guess how much the seller quoted me..Rs.700 per knob.They were used ones.Finally negotiated for Rs.325 each.Next time I turn the A/C knob,I know I will have a different chill run down my spine !!!!
Old 20th May 2010, 01:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Shocking Chill !!

I can understand what could have gone through when the dealer quoted the price Ram but you are a true Hyderabadi haan. Picked up things you wanted. Don't worry Ram these are not re-occuring expenses so Chill in Chilled car. Start stocking parts for this baby aswell. I guess Ram need not buy parking space for now but surely need a huge godown.
I can assume what Mrs Ram must be complaining to you Ram Even my Amma knocks on my head for the same issue. Spare parts everywhere.
chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2010, 14:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ram,

Thats a nice pick! Congratulations! Looks truly pristine for a 309!!
Old 24th May 2010, 19:21   #59
BHPian

hillram, if its as good as it looks, then it must have been worth a buy. Congratulations.

By the by, could you throw some light on the authencity of the information which i'm about to ask you ,in detail.I ask you,since, you seem to know much about Peugeot.

That in the last decade of the 20th century, around the time when Tata was about to launch its small car indica. Peugeot was thinking of launching in Indian market , Peugeot 206 --it seemed to me 206, from the looks of it in the video i saw in someone mobile.--and that something went wrong. That the car never came to India. Is there any truth in this.?
Is it a fact? And if its true, what really went wrong?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

@GetSurya..Thanks mate.You can see it at the next Team BHP Meet.
@Ritedhawan....PAL took the initiative to get CKDs of Peugeot 309 in early 90s and successfully lauched in India at 6 lakh odd price.It was a fabulous car with great suspension and 1.4 and 1.6 engines both in Petrol and Diesel.
First set back was the dashboards of the 309s started to melt/crack/disintegrate due to Indian heat.French undermined this weather aspect.Soon they declined as PAL broke off pact with Peugeot and that ended the service of these cars.

2009 saw Paugeot Citroen announce the idea of launching a low end car in India and potentially Patancheru near Hyderabad was site proposed to set up a factory promising 10000 odd jobs.Since then lot of confusion added in Hyderabad due to political upheavals and right know the project seems to have been postponed.
French were also careful since the VW project in AP was a scam,whats was termed as "Botsgate" !!!

But PAL Peugeot 309 is a great car.It produced great power even when the Aircon is on and the suspension is like butter and the car glides over the speedbreakers and potholes like magic.Its one of the best acquisitions i had over the last few years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks