Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
Oh yeah - doors do not lock on ignition. When you read about all the mugging news, you really wonder - what is the cost of putting that feature in?
Yeah, this is a feature that I miss at times but not too much as my brain is programmed to lock the doors as soon as I get in. But did you know that the doors auto lock in 30 seconds if you forget to lock the car and walk away with the keys in your pocket? They lock without blinking the lights.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Very well compiled review.

The Pics are really Drool material.
Old 12th June 2010, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yeah, this is a feature that I miss at times but not too much as my brain is programmed to lock the doors as soon as I get in. But did you know that the doors auto lock in 30 seconds if you forget to lock the car and walk away with the keys in your pocket? They lock without blinking the lights.
I dont think this auto-lock feature is there. My mom's mobile got stolen from the car when my dad forgot to lock the car. They were away for 10 mins. If the car has self-locked in 30 secs this wouldn't have happened as they were standing near the car for sometime while making a call.

BTW- There's another thing that Ford missed - Auto down on at least driver side window; illuminated switches for power windows. These are there even on my Getz.

Last edited by krish3 : 12th June 2010 at 09:11.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I dont think this auto-lock feature is there. My mom's mobile got stolen from the car when my dad forgot to lock the car. They were away for 10 mins. If the car has self-locked in 30 secs this wouldn't have happened as they were standing near the car for sometime while making a call.

BTW- There's another thing that Ford missed - Auto down on at least driver side window; illuminated switches for power windows. These are there even on my Getz.
I am not sure about the Auto lock, I'll check once again, but probably thats there on the Ikon. And also, the power window switeches are illuminated in the Ikon too, can't digest that it's not there on the fiesta.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Auto lock is there for sure in the Fiesta. If you unlock the car with the remote and do not open any door for 45 seconds, it gets auto locked---that is what I am referring to.

Illuminated Power window switches are definitely there in the Fiesta---it is the SX4 that does not have them. Auto down on driver's side is the only thing that Ford missed.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th June 2010 at 19:20.
Old 12th June 2010, 22:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's very much there. I have verified this multiple times. The key should not be in the ignition and all 4 doors should be fully closed. Your dad may have left one door half closed.
Old 13th June 2010, 08:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
It's very much there. I have verified this multiple times. The key should not be in the ignition and all 4 doors should be fully closed. Your dad may have left one door half closed.
It is very much there when you unlock the car and don't open the door within 45 secs it gets auto lock, but if you switch off the car, close all the doors and don't use the remote key to lock the car, it does'nt get auto lock, try this again after switching off the car and closing all the doors does it gets auto lock itself without using remote key, if it happens please share the hidden feature of fiesta (how to activate it), else you will be in danger zone if you forget to lock the car with remote key, we don't want to get experience same like Krish3, right.

Thanks,
Old 13th June 2010, 10:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

I really like the way Ford cars drive. I was reading the long term report of Fiesta S in ACI, and how everyone fights for the key!
Looks like even Ford is also going the EPS ways in the future models, which is sad.
Couple of things I was really unhappy with my Fusion and I don't know how is it in the Fiesta
-Recirculation mode was always set to 'off' or by default, the outside air would be coming in to the cabin every time you switch on the car.
-Both 'lock' and 'opening lever' were the same on the door. This is not very safe if you have kids, as if they pull the lever twice the door opens!
Old 13th June 2010, 11:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
-Recirculation mode was always set to 'off' or by default, the outside air would be coming in to the cabin every time you switch on the car.
It depends on how you switch it off. If you switch off the engine with the recirculation button on, then it's still on when you start the car. At least that's the way it is in my Fiesta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
-Both 'lock' and 'opening lever' were the same on the door. This is not very safe if you have kids, as if they pull the lever twice the door opens!
I find this rather convenient. Kids should be in the back seat if safety is a priority.
Old 14th June 2010, 12:25   #25
BHPian

If kids are there then the child lock should be activated in the rear doors.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It depends on how you switch it off. If you switch off the engine with the recirculation button on, then it's still on when you start the car. At least that's the way it is in my Fiesta. It works the same way in my Fiesta too.

I find this rather convenient. Kids should be in the back seat if safety is a priority.
Agreed, but sometimes when me and my kid go for a drive, he sits in the front and fiddles with the front power window buttons. There is no way to lock it althogh the rear windows can be locked from opening. Another thing is the central locking, once the driver side locks are activated for central locking, the front door still opens when the lock lever is depressed. Becomes a bit difficult to control my son's antics when sitting in front.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
It is very much there when you unlock the car and don't open the door within 45 secs it gets auto lock, but if you switch off the car, close all the doors and don't use the remote key to lock the car, it does'nt get auto lock, try this again after switching off the car and closing all the doors does it gets auto lock itself without using remote key, if it happens please share the hidden feature of fiesta (how to activate it), else you will be in danger zone if you forget to lock the car with remote key, we don't want to get experience same like Krish3, right.
Thanks,
rajesh, my car auto locks in BOTH the scenarios that you have described above. I see it on a daily basis. I park my Fiesta on the road unlocked and bring out my other car to put the Fiesta in. By the time I get back to the Fiesta, its auto locked. I have no idea how to activate it. it's always been like that in my car. Someone mentioned earlier that this may not work if the key has been programmed to open the drivers side door only, but I am not too sure. Let me check if there are any 'activation' instructions in the manual. sanjayc confirmed that this works in his 1.6 SXi as well. How old is your car? Maybe it was a hidden feature inyroduced in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Agreed, but sometimes when me and my kid go for a drive, he sits in the front and fiddles with the front power window buttons. There is no way to lock it althogh the rear windows can be locked from opening. Another thing is the central locking, once the driver side locks are activated for central locking, the front door still opens when the lock lever is depressed. Becomes a bit difficult to control my son's antics when sitting in front.
I understand. Even my kid does that at time when sitting in the front seat, but then my kid also pulls up the lock knob on the 800. Kids will always figure out a way to do stuff like that. Only foolproof way to avoid such issues is to have a child lock on the front passenger door as well, but I don't think any manufacturer provides that.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th June 2010 at 15:19.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:57   #28
BHPian

Beautiful car Sriram. The Fiesta in this colour some how always reminds me of the Subaru Impreza STi.

Lets there be many more miles and years of happy mile munching!!!! Amen!!!!!
Old 17th June 2010, 08:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
rajesh, my car auto locks in BOTH the scenarios that you have described above. I see it on a daily basis. I park my Fiesta on the road unlocked and bring out my other car to put the Fiesta in. By the time I get back to the Fiesta, its auto locked. I have no idea how to activate it. it's always been like that in my car. Someone mentioned earlier that this may not work if the key has been programmed to open the drivers side door only, but I am not too sure. Let me check if there are any 'activation' instructions in the manual. sanjayc confirmed that this works in his 1.6 SXi as well. How old is your car? Maybe it was a hidden feature inyroduced in 2009.
Mine is september end 2009 fiesta, remote key is not programmed to open the driver side door only, I really miss the auto lock feature, I'll ask Service Manager if there is any way to activate this feature in my fiesta as already yourself and sanjayc got this feature.

Thanks,
Old 17th June 2010, 09:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

@rajeshvin

Even I have not programmed the remote to open the driver side door only but the auto lock feature is present in my Fiesta (Nov 2009) as well. As Gilead said if I keep the doors unlocked for more than a min or so they get auto locked. This helps me a lot times when I park my car in stilt parking & fail to lock the car using remote.
My only grouse is during driving there is no way I can prevent the other doors from unlocking even through the driver side door lock is depressed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks