Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 13:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Guys, I checked again this morning and it does auto lock after I get out of the car hahaha. Happens in about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Didn't time it. Looks like I got something that isn't working on any other Fiesta at the moment.

ghodlur: Auto Lock is explicitly mentioned on the Fiesta website. But it's probably referring to the to the auto lock that happens if you don't open the doors. Let us know what customer care tells you. I am pretty sure it's a programmable feature since it's working in mine, but probably even Ford is not aware of it. Only the OEM vendor will know for sure.
I too gave this a try but it did not work for me. I wonder how you programmed it---Ford will reward you for giving them hints.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

@gilead

is it the case that the feature has been activated in Sports variant only. can other S owners try and confirm.
When I asked the dealer he said the feature is unavailable in all variants, I presume he must have included the S also.
BTW Some are born lucky, others toil to be.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:41   #48
BHPian

Gilead, that makes 2 hidden features in your car. Other one being "inside body sensor". Time for you to reveal these in the hidden features you discovered thread.
Old 18th June 2010, 15:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gilead, that makes 2 hidden features in your car. Other one being "inside body sensor". Time for you to reveal these in the hidden features you discovered thread.
No, this one was a mistake on my part. My kid was inside the car and she had switched on the ICE. So it did not lock the car. Why don't you wait until it switches off the green display in the ICE and on the panel. It might lock itself then.

Maybe nura can confirm if it still works in his car or not. He mentioned in the other thread that it works for him. Has Suman commented on this yet? He was one of the oldest 1.6 as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too gave this a try but it did not work for me. I wonder how you programmed it---Ford will reward you for giving them hints.
If I reveal such hidden features to Ford, I will become the next drpullockaran on this forum. I don't want my car to become a junkfiesta. lol

Last edited by Gilead : 18th June 2010 at 15:15.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

@ gilead

Capt_rocker in his ownership thread has written about the auto locking feature. I guess this feature is present only in the S. Lucky guys???

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1944139
Old 21st June 2010, 10:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ gilead

Capt_rocker in his ownership thread has written about the auto locking feature. I guess this feature is present only in the S. Lucky guys???

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1944139
Nope...what capt has confirmed relates to auto-locking when one unlocks the car using the remote but does not enter/open doors or boot..then the central lock gets activated in a few mins. This is avlbl in all trims.

What Gilead has in his S is different..maybe he has got a defective piece of locking system which bypassed the 6-sigma QC of Ford it seems Sometimes bugs have a tendency to be touted as features, isn't it?
Old 1st July 2010, 19:25   #52
BHPian

Really nice to see a LT Ownership thread on The S. Great write-up.. Wish you many more happy years with her..

Most Viewed