Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

smoked Taillights look Smoking HOTTT

Why is the front end hiding?

Lovely ownership report. Take care and drive safe.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
the headlamps will be done in style...creating an appropriate mask for the reflector area. that and the linea side strip mod will be carried out together!
Do upload the pics when the modifications are done. I'll be waiting for your updates

Btw, You're clocking miles pretty fast brother!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Why is the front end hiding?
Exactly my thoughts!
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:02   #63
BHPian

@ planet_rocker paaji and klub class
your wish is my command....two fotos for your kind perusal..
one is the rear light cluster with lights on, the other one is front
hope this helps

have fun guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Long Term Review - Fiat Punto EP 1.3 - EDIT: Sold the car @ 1,90,000 kms-imag0045.jpg  

Long Term Review - Fiat Punto EP 1.3 - EDIT: Sold the car @ 1,90,000 kms-imag0046.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 21:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

epic, how's the dry braking of the v550 ? Yoko website says nothing on dry braking :

Yokohama AVS dB decibel V550 decibel Tyre
Old 4th August 2010, 23:11   #65
BHPian

Nice looking car man!!!

The Smoked lights are just perfect, not too dark nor too bright...

Did they let you test the Pete's tuning box before you bought it?
Old 5th August 2010, 16:54   #66
BHPian

Smoking tail lights reduces the visibility. I wonder why did you do that?
Old 6th August 2010, 01:10   #67
BHPian

Super effort ...the smoked tail lights look really nice!
Old 6th August 2010, 17:59   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
epic, how's the dry braking of the v550 ? Yoko website says nothing on dry braking :

its as good as wet weather braking which in turn is excellent. these tires inspire a lot of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
Nice looking car man!!!

The Smoked lights are just perfect, not too dark nor too bright...

Did they let you test the Pete's tuning box before you bought it?
its been carried forward from my swift vdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Smoking tail lights reduces the visibility. I wonder why did you do that?
it does to a marginal extent. but it looks good. tried to have a look at the tail lamps of the car from another car with a friend driving mine in broad daylight and at night. they are visible from quite a distance and they are sufficiently illuminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Super effort ...the smoked tail lights look really nice!
thank you hai ji.

the car is in for its 30k service today at 31500k. lets see what they do. although all they need to do is change some oils and some filters.

drive safe guys. dont forget that seat belt.
Old 8th August 2010, 13:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

Attached is the tire positioning map of yokohama tires that someone gave to me in the last Auto expo in hyderabad. My son spilled milk all over it and hence the dog eared scan!

There are other grippier options available in yoko series for a wee bit less comfort. Note that C.Drive seems grippier than even the S.Drives in wet conditions. The tables are reversed in dry conditions but I personally always want better grip in wet compared to dry.

you can also get some more details at Passenger Car Tires Available in Asia / Oceania | PRODUCTS | THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO.,LTD.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Term Review - Fiat Punto EP 1.3 - EDIT: Sold the car @ 1,90,000 kms-yokohama-tire-positioning-scan-tire-catalogue-aug-2010-hyd-expo.jpg  

Last edited by Buffetfan : 8th August 2010 at 13:48.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Attached is the tire positioning map of yokohama tires that someone gave to me in the last Auto expo in hyderabad. My son spilled milk all over it and hence the dog eared scan!

There are other grippier options available in yoko series for a wee bit less comfort. Note that C.Drive seems grippier than even the S.Drives in wet conditions. The tables are reversed in dry conditions but I personally always want better grip in wet compared to dry.

you can also get some more details at Passenger Car Tires Available in Asia / Oceania | PRODUCTS | THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO.,LTD.
this tire positioning map is the older one i suppose. the v550s are not on it. however the es501s are equivalents and those recommendations can be taken as references.
with the car being loud even otherwise, any noise damping was welcome. these tires came as a boon. hence, the v550s. the cdrives are asymmetric i suppose and as such they'll be superbly grippy in any condition. just like the cpc2s.
oh and the car is back from its 30k service. surprisingly smooth. no rattles. they changed a lock under warranty. dont know which one. will have to ask them. also the air filter and pollen filter were not in stock. i've been advised to pay only after both of them are delivered to my residence.
drive safe guys.
Old 10th August 2010, 02:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this tire positioning map is the older one i suppose. the v550s are not on it. however the es501s are equivalents and those recommendations can be taken as references.
with the car being loud even otherwise, any noise damping was welcome. these tires came as a boon. hence, the v550s. the cdrives are asymmetric i suppose and as such they'll be superbly grippy in any condition. just like the cpc2s.
oh and the car is back from its 30k service. surprisingly smooth. no rattles. they changed a lock under warranty. dont know which one. will have to ask them. also the air filter and pollen filter were not in stock. i've been advised to pay only after both of them are delivered to my residence.
drive safe guys.
The title say tire catalogue for 2010 and I got it last fortnight from the Hyderabad Auto Expo. I was unable to find a soft copy anywhere for this "printed in japan" booklet.

Good to know more about the smoothness and ride comfort of v550s. Good choice for majority of motorists who like comfort, silence and do not get close to the edge often. I have the C.Drives in my Innova (225/60R15) and the wet grip is really amazing through these monsoons and better than my Michelins (energy XM1s 185/65R14) in the Baleno. Yes they have an asymmetric pattern.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 10th August 2010 at 02:27.
Old 10th August 2010, 02:57   #72
BHPian

Quote:
the headlamps will be done in style...creating an appropriate mask for the reflector area. that and the linea side strip mod will be carried out together!
Mandeep paaji !

We are still waiting for the smoked headlamps, I am really interested in them, It would be great if you could share some 'work in progress' pics, i'd like to know how the smokey effect is induced.

- B4W
Old 12th August 2010, 13:30   #73
BHPian

What a read!!

Congratulations Mandeep!
Old 13th August 2010, 11:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
The title say tire catalogue for 2010 and I got it last fortnight from the Hyderabad Auto Expo. I was unable to find a soft copy anywhere for this "printed in japan" booklet.

Good to know more about the smoothness and ride comfort of v550s. Good choice for majority of motorists who like comfort, silence and do not get close to the edge often. .
with a gearbox that the punto has, one cannot get close to the edge anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Mandeep paaji !

We are still waiting for the smoked headlamps, I am really interested in them, It would be great if you could share some 'work in progress' pics, i'd like to know how the smokey effect is induced.

- B4W
patience is a virtue of a few people. keep on watching this space for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleman View Post
What a read!!

Congratulations Mandeep!
thank you brother!
drive safe guys/always wear a seat belt!!
Old 13th August 2010, 12:09   #75
BHPian

hey gaaij
just wanted to share an unexpected thing that happened to me yesterday night.
we just left the factory and slotted into third. there is a bad patch ahead and we have to downshift to second to pass those 50 odd meters of craters.
the stick failed to go into second. and even the first gear. the stick simply wouldnt go to any gear except the 3rd, 4th, 5th and reverse.
baffled, i took the car out of the bad patch fearing the worst and riding the clutch a little.
stopped the car, turned the ignition off, declutched a couple of times and tried again. it didnt work.
called the service center guys, and since it was after 7 in the evening, they decided to meet me on the highway at vapi since they were already closed for the day.
putting all my faith in God and all the driving skills i'd accrued in the days gone by, i crawled to a start in the 3rd gear. once the speed built up it wasnt an issue. coming to the highway, i have to cross 4 diversions and one toll plaza.
three of the diversions didnt have any traffic (Act of God i suppose) and i breezed past, even now feeling a bit grumpy. the toll plaza was a different story altogether. jammed. had to stop.
came to a halt behind a truck and was waiting my turn to cross the gate. the problem was also making me irritable.
tried to take out my frustration by shaking the gear stick vigorously and voila!!! the problem was gone. all gears were as good as nothing had ever happened to them. couldnt believe it initially and tried it a couple of times, but since it worked alright, called up the service guys to tell them not to wait for me and i'd be at the service center today to check out what was wrong.
this has happened to my swift also, but in that case a small lock on the linkage had broken and it was replaced within minutes and the problem was solved.
here nothing seems to be broken, but it has to be checked out soon.
my guess is that the heavy moisture content of the weather and all this driving on wet and sometimes water logged roads had played some mind games with the clutch master cylinder and maybe there was a hydraulic lock there.
on the other hand, some linkage may also have jammed up and freed out when i shook the lever.
any guesses on what couldve happened?
will be waiting for your replies. but till the time something concrete comes up, please note that if your gear stick jams, you just shake it like its the end of the world and most probably it'll start working.
take care guys, drive safe all of you!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks