Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 18:10   #31
BANNED

re: Black Storm-Safari GX 4x4. EDIT : 70k Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I was following a wrong service schedule, but have hence got the schedules right.
So at 50k kms I got the 45k kms service done again.
Can you please post a few pics of how the interior plastics are holding up on the truck? I ve seen Safari plastics losing their sheen and feel pretty soon and hence the query.

Any electrical gremlins so far?

What is the FE you are getting these days in the city and the highway and at what speeds?
Old 15th September 2011, 18:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't go by looks, and don't you dare call my Yale lock puny, it can fight tooth and nail before giving in and will die (break) before someone can steal my Spare Wheel cover, and yes as it is also can rust so badly that a potential thief will get Tetanus if he tries to outrage it's modesty
I think what Suresh meant was you can even put a bigger one but the weak linkage is the Zip holder itself. Follow this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Can you PM me the details and contact number of this place pl. Hariya's bumper has a few battle scars and I want them removed. I m also looking forward to getting his wheel covers painted.
You can even post the address here for everyone's benefit.
Old 15th September 2011, 18:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please post a few pics of how the interior plastics are holding up on the truck? I ve seen Safari plastics losing their sheen and feel pretty soon and hence the query.
Plastics are ok, looking as they would in any car that I've had. I don't know what "sheen" you are talking about, none of my earlier cars had any extra "sheen".

Quote:
Any electrical gremlins so far?
If there are, they are quite dormant as we speak.

Quote:
What is the FE you are getting these days in the city and the highway and at what speeds?
In all honesty, I don't check FE during my daily drives to work, I just top up every week and forget about it, but on Highways (plain good roads with max speed of 120kmph) I would get about 13 km to a litre with the airconditioner on. But this again varies as my long drives are usually a combination of ghats and plains.

@Dadu
Quote:
I think what Suresh meant was you can even put a bigger one but the weak linkage is the Zip holder itself. Follow this thread (DIY : How to secure a Tata Safari Spare wheel cover from theft).
Yes sir, I know what Suresh meant, It is just that I was acting indignant as Suresh is partial to Spare wheel covers and it's theft

Naveed's workshop is located on Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road Yelahanka, this is the road connecting Jalahalli Air force station to yelahanka, the painter's mobile number is +919739429062.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 15th September 2011 at 18:48.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 13:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
5th Service is indeed at 45k kms, but right from the beginning due my not reading the user manual and going by a service advisor's instructions, I was following a wrong service schedule, but have hence got the schedules right.
So at 50k kms I got the 45k kms service done again.
Thanks Hari for taking time to answer.
Old 8th February 2012, 21:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Got the 60k kms service done at Prerana Motors Peenya, for the first time, I was with the vehicle while it was being serviced and spent an enjoyable day at the workshop, made a few friends in the bargain.
The rear suspension bushes were changed, brake pads were finally changed, oils and filters changed, thanks to Mr. Daniel, the works manager, the washing was extremely well done and also got a complimentary 3M polish done on the car.
Old 12th February 2012, 07:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

60k already! Man, that's quite a lot since the last time i checked this thread.
Somehow, seeing the ever-gleaming pics of your Safari i never realized it was running so much!
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 23:57   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Hari,

Suggest getting brake pads changed at 40K kms intervals for good preventive maintenance.
Old 19th February 2012, 10:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suggest getting brake pads changed at 40K kms intervals for good preventive maintenance.
Mahesh, I kept getting the pads checked from 40k kms, everytime the SA would inspect and say there is hardly much wear, it was also evident when I looked at them too, in fact I had sourced and kept the replacement pads for almost 10k kms, ie. the previous service, but I told them to change them at 60k inspite of them advising me that there was "still" some life left, as I thought enough is enough .
Old 20th February 2012, 01:54   #39
BHPian

Lukeskywalker -

I was wondering how would the Safari look like if we remove the cover of the spare tyre? The merc M Class (older gen) didn't have a spare tyre cover and it looked awesome with the tyre exposed.

Raneesh
Old 20th February 2012, 08:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering how would the Safari look like if we remove the cover of the spare tyre? The merc M Class (older gen) didn't have a spare tyre cover and it looked awesome with the tyre exposed.

Raneesh, I'm sure it will look well without the spare wheel cover as long as one has a brand new spare wheel and not a half bald old tyre as a spare, also one has to be wary of certain people with an affinity to wrongfully take what is not theirs.
Old 4th October 2012, 12:30   #41

Re: Black Storm to Undergo surgery

Quote:
So today went to Pavan's recommended garage (where all his restorations take place), Naveed the young painter takes one look at the bumper and says "this can be stiched", wow, I get a quote which is too good to believe, so ask him to go ahead and "restore" the bumper.
Can you share the number and location. i need to get some work done on my innova.

thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 18:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share the number and location. i need to get some work done on my innova.
I don't intend to sound rude, but if you had looked at a few posts above, you'd have seen Naveed's number and old location, he has since relocated but it is still near Yelahanka.
Old 9th December 2012, 14:36   #43
BHPian

Your Safari looks so good especially in this color combo.

While browsing through, I noticed that your Safari pic is used in Wiki!

TATA SAFARI WIKI That's something you should be proud of always!

and then in Wiki youtube article too, noticed its from Rj's link and then realized your photo shoot. Beautifully shot! Pretty good shots and location I must say

How is your Safari doing? Any more pics at its present age?
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 21:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

Your Safari looks so good especially in this color combo.

Quote:
While browsing through, I noticed that your Safari pic is used in Wiki!

TATA SAFARI WIKI That's something you should be proud of always!

and then in Wiki Youtube article too, noticed its from Rj's link and then realized your photo shoot. Beautifully shot! Pretty good shots and location I must say
Thanks a bunch for the link ganesc, I knew about the pictures of my car on Wikipedia, but was not aware of the youtube video, there are some pics of the Black Storm on the Tata Safari facebook page as well.

The car has run 70k kms now and it's ageing well I must say. Will put up some pics during my next ownership update for sure. There are some more pics of Black Storm in the official safari pics thread if you are keen on seeing them. Here are a couple of pics shot recently though:

Black Storm-Safari GX 4x4. EDIT : 70k Kms update-18.jpg

Black Storm-Safari GX 4x4. EDIT : 70k Kms update-tilted-1280x768.jpg

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 9th December 2012 at 21:26. Reason: added photos
Lukeskywalker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 20:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The car has run 70k kms now and it's ageing well I must say. Will put up some pics during my next ownership update for sure. There are some more pics of Black Storm in the official safari pics thread if you are keen on seeing them. Here are a couple of pics shot recently though:
Nice pictures!! its treat to the eyes.

noticed your black storm is running on Michelin tires(might be from day one), is it 235/70 or 245/70?

thanks,
arvindmanju is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks