Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 19:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
... and body cavity filling.
How exactly do they do that ? Isnt this supposed to be just the usual "coating" (generic term) applied ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
BTW, I did find time to give my beast a good spirited wash, and let my Canon EOS loose yesterday. Have taken plenty of snaps (although only in the parking). Will re-size them and upload in a day.

Cheers!
Waiting for those Snaps boss :-) !
Old 15th December 2010, 17:20   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey thanks Amit_mechengg & Sajo.

Got caught up in usual "I want all this done now!" attitude at office so couldn't spare time to upload pictures. - Before tomorrow. Yes its body cavity "coating" and not filling. They simply remove all panels, fittings and apply the protective coat similar to 3M (or the same one - I'm not sure) and polish. The panels are re-fit. Its basically for the areas that would generally remain out of our reach and notice.
Old 18th December 2010, 20:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Heya Fellows!

I'm back after a horrible week in office. This time, with the pictures at last. Sorry to be so late with them.
Before moving on to the pictures, I must mention that I'm thankful to the Shell fuel station in Hinjewadi. The reason being, they are the first to put a holy scratch mark on my car. The fellow lost grip of the dispenser and used my car's body to catch it! So now there is a half a foot long scratch there. Fortunately, its pretty superficial and can be removed in a jiffy without any real loss of shine to the lacquer. Pfff...

Have done another tank-full FE check.This time with only the home-office-home drive. No outings. This was the first one since the 1st service. Due to the rush at office, I had to go to office at the peak traffic early morning hours always. Which limits us to 3rd gear if we are lucky for 16 of my 50km daily ride. With all the b2b frustrations (from wakad to Ph3 = 8kms approx), the car still delivered a pleasing 21kmpl! I'm praying every moment that nothing jinxes this setup.

While clicking the snaps, I also had some more careful looks at the engine bay, and found a sticker at a precarious position on the engine. And ! The 1.3 MJD is manufactured on 19-10-2010!!!! The car was at the showroom for my PDI on 27-10-2010!!! I got a brand new one right off the assembly line then! Many thanks TATA - once again.

Okay now the photos -

The new colour scheme (Identical to the GTO reviewed Vista Safire90) is evident. I haven't yet come across any other diesel Vista with the new DT4 refreshed interior scheme.
Please note that all the pics that "appear" to be night shots are actually shot under bright sun at around 3PM! I've used newspapers etc. to block light over the camera. So please excuse if the darker ones look insane.

The cabin front -
(You can notice the ridiculously cheap "T" logo on the otherwise good steering wheel. Also the flimsy door lock & opening latches are visible.)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-front_inside.jpg

The cabin rear -
Note the huge door well. Even a giraffe can easily walk in/out of that. Also just visible is the lumbar support adjustment lever on the co-pilot's seat. The driver's seat is set at its rear most as I stand 6'3". Still when I sit at the back, there is a full inch between my knee and the driver's seat back.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-rear_inside.jpg

The Keyless Entry key combo -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-key.jpg

The illuminated key ring -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-keyring.jpg

The MID and Console -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-mid.jpg

The Blaupunkt ICE -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-ice.jpg

The control stalks combo -
(In case the pics don't say it, the plastic is premium and operation - twists, flash and clicks - are classy. On the left one - wiper control - the outermost twist switch controls the rear wash+wipe function.)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-stalks.jpg

The driver side window controls combo (day and night) -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-windowcons.jpg

The console -
(Note the tiny ICE remote control under the USB drive!!! Also some storage and the 12V socket with lid.)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-console.jpg

The tunnel -
(Oh sorry, I mean the glove box. The toolkit has plenty spanners, screwdrivers and the wheel tommy. That should give an idea of the glove box's size...)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-glovebox.jpg

Sticker about recommended Run-in and Gear habits -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-runin.jpg

IRVM -
The anti-glare switch is at usual position behind-under the mirror.
A little (Huge) thing to note - The just visible bluish nose in the mirror is a brand new 2 days old Linea TJET. Its one killer car guys...)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-irvm.jpg

A meaty door hinge -
(To give an idea of the door's weight.)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-hinge.jpg

The useful rear 12V socket besides the parcel tray -
(Any other hatchback that you know has it?)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-rear12v.jpg

The JAW! -
(Note the damping on the hood.)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-jaw.jpg

The 1.3 MJD SDE -
Note the shine on it! Its the result of the engine protection treatment.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-engine_shine.jpg

The Wiper arms -
Note the passenger side wiper's arm. Its unusually long with a complex movement. It actually has 2 arms connected. This way, it extends further during motion, and covers an even more windscreen area.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-wiper.jpg

The underbody Anti Rust coat -
(I think a bhpian wanted to see this...)
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-antirust.jpg

Now some "freehand"...
TATA -
Its one hell of a large logo on the boot. Looks manly in my view...Not too bad.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-tata.jpg

Profile -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-profile.jpg

The brilliant headlamp console -
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-nighteye.jpg

Some character -
This line runs from the the Smiling Grill, right to the end of the rear door! Neat design.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-character.jpg

Merry Christmas! -
The trademark Tata Family Xmas tree tail lamp cluster.
Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!-xmas.jpg

Some more in near future. Hopefully after some ride in the nature. Currently the odo is around 2200 or so. So still time for the 2nd service.

No rattling or any other issues at all. Just enjoying the rides. I'm now pretty confident with my Vista. As much as I was with the Omni. And so, quite aggressive on the highway too! It's changing the way I drive!! The RPM now always threatens to cross 2000 by the time I upshift. Generally I used shift up around 15-1700 rpm. Getting addict to the turbo kick. It's one confidence boosting (and giving) machine! .
Now thinking "Which TBHP sticker to put on my babe...) Advices welcome!!

Drive safe everyone!
Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2010, 20:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

awesome mileage man. 21 is too good in pune. nice snaps. you got acres of space inside. the most practical hatch.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:03   #35
BHPian

Congrats rainhard.Good effort.A comprehensive interior review I must say
Old 18th December 2010, 21:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

@amit_mechengg - Thanks mate. Well as I mentioned earlier in the post, majority of my running is on the NH4 bypass from Chandani Chowk to Wakad. So 21 is a mileage that I think all 1.3 MJD owners will easily achieve in those conditions. Still I'm happy to get it right from day one .

@SHK - Thanks
Old 18th December 2010, 21:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures there, @Reinhard. I like the new interior color combo on the Vista. Looks really nice.
BTW, I thought the Aura and above models come with the four spoke steering. The one found in Manza, sans the audio control?

Last edited by safari_lover : 18th December 2010 at 21:42.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:47   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Nice pictures there, @Reinhard. I like the new interior color combo on the Vista. Looks really nice.
BTW, I thought the Aura and above models come with the four spoke steering. The one found in Manza, sans the audio control?
Thanks Safari_lover!
You are 50% right. Now the erstwhile "Aura" variant has been disbanded. Above Aqua, now "Aura ABS" and "Aura +" are the options. Aura+ has SRS dual front airbags. And its Aura+ who gets the Manza looks steering wheel (sans ICE controls). Basically the 4 spoke's larger center design is a requirement to fit the airbag inside. Mine is Aura ABS, and so I get the "janata" steering .

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th December 2010 at 22:01. Reason: typo...
Old 18th December 2010, 23:07   #39
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic pics Reinhard. I must say I'm mighty impressed with the new Vista. The interior colour combo is now perfect. Not too much of beige.

The quality also seems to have taken a huge leap compared to what I've seen in a colleagues first gen Vista.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2010, 22:53   #40
BHPian

From the time I read GTO's review on the Vista, I have been itching to buy one. Have always been discouraged by "TATA is not famous for their A.S.S". However, Reinhard, you have single handedly changed my mind. I have now decided that my next car will be a Vista Aura ABS. Thanks dude. :-)
Old 21st December 2010, 11:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msetlur View Post
From the time I read GTO's review on the Vista, I have been itching to buy one. Have always been discouraged by "TATA is not famous for their A.S.S". However, Reinhard, you have single handedly changed my mind. I have now decided that my next car will be a Vista Aura ABS. Thanks dude. :-)
Hey msetlur,
Great to hear that! Do let us know as soon as your Vista Aura-ABS lands (and with pictures.)! So which is your choice? The SAFIRE or QJD? The car is awesome. As for the after sales service, well perceptions are relative. An MASS doesn't mean that you'll always get 100% great service. So don't worry! Change your world...(Vista - Changes everything! was its first promotion line.) Your signature says you have a Santro. Well take a U-turn in Vista and you'll be surprised. No skiddy-torque turning in the Vista. The Santro I drive generally pulls hard during U turns. Other differences will also be a welcome feeling...I see you have 24 posts right now! So soon to be a full fledged "Bhpian" yeah ? Hope to get your own initial ownership report soon!
Old 21st December 2010, 13:03   #42
BHPian

I have been living with the Vista Aura Quadrajet for more than 2 years & close to 30K km now. I wouldnt say that the experience has been trouble free, may be because I bought the car a tad too early & Tata motors has a habit of correcting its mistakes after learning about the same from its customers. However there are quite a few good & bad bits that TML has done with the new Avatar of the Vista. The black dash & other bits in the same colour are much better. Mine is beige everywhere & thats a real pain to maintain. It gets soiled within a few days after its been cleaned thoroughly. The key rin illumination looks nice, miss that in my car. The ICE is also much better than what it is on my car. Also no Blue5 for me, but then I dont miss it much since I am habituated to a BT headset since quite a few years now. The PW switches also look new & upgraded. I got them changed on my car a zillion times. Please take care of the switches in the rains. Mine used to simply die if they got wet 4-5 times & that was a real issue I faced this rainly season at least. ABS+EBD is a big big change in your model & is a real welcome. Agree that its a necessity in the Vista & I sorely miss it for sure.
A few changes that I dislike -- Mine came with 175/65/14 profile GT3 tyres, which I have now upgraded to Michelin 175/65/14. Ride is much better with the Michelins & surprisingly my Km/lt has gone up by at least 1.5-2.0. Stock lights were 90/100 which is seriosuly adequate, but Tata seems to have gone the Maruti way & gone with the 55W lamps.
However the overall package has seriously improved. All the best & drive safe!!!
Old 21st December 2010, 15:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
@amit_mechengg - Thanks mate. Well as I mentioned earlier in the post, majority of my running is on the NH4 bypass from Chandani Chowk to Wakad. So 21 is a mileage that I think all 1.3 MJD owners will easily achieve in those conditions. Still I'm happy to get it right from day one .

@SHK - Thanks
Those are fantastic mileage figures. The new color scheme looks great and will be easy to maintain. Congrats on the purchase again.
Old 21st December 2010, 19:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hey msetlur,
Great to hear that! Do let us know as soon as your Vista Aura-ABS lands (and with pictures.)! So which is your choice? The SAFIRE or QJD? The car is awesome. As for the after sales service, well perceptions are relative. An MASS doesn't mean that you'll always get 100% great service. So don't worry! Change your world...(Vista - Changes everything! was its first promotion line.) Your signature says you have a Santro. Well take a U-turn in Vista and you'll be surprised. No skiddy-torque turning in the Vista. The Santro I drive generally pulls hard during U turns. Other differences will also be a welcome feeling...I see you have 24 posts right now! So soon to be a full fledged "Bhpian" yeah ? Hope to get your own initial ownership report soon!

Well the only thing stopping me from getting my Vista QJD :-) is a shortage of vitamin M. Trying to put things in place on that front. I am trying to reduce the amount that I am going to have to borrow to get my beauty as far as possible. Where the A.S.S is concerned, I am getting a lot of positive feedback about how TATA is improving on this front. So I am not really worried on this front. And yes, this post will (hopefully) make me a full fledged Bhpian. :-).
Old 21st December 2010, 19:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey Reinhard

Thats a wonderful buy.

I share all your feelings (+ve & -ve), as a owner of Aura Safire, but BS3 version.

Your Aura version has been upgraded dramatically compared to mine. When I bought mine, I was restricted to my then budget, but I was damn happy with the choice for 2 things 1) Huge space 2) Loaded with features for the killing price.

I can see that you are really enjoying your babe.

Let me tell you my experience with this car and Tata A.S.S.

I have had not a single issue till date with the car. Initially, ofcourse there were few issues with the wipers and the rubber bidding on the roof. But those were sorted out quite efficiently by service guys and in time. So no complaints about the Tata A.S.S., which is hard to belive for many on this forum.

The car handles the city and the highway quite well. Nowhere in the league of Swift's agility or Punto's excellent handling, but it is adequate(BTW, both these cars are really poor on cabin space ).

I have clocked around 12k on the odo till today. I get a mileage of around 12-13 in city and around 17 on the highway, which is decent I feel.

Just one suggestion: Make sure you change the filters when you change oil.

Congrats again and enjoy the Vista!

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 21st December 2010 at 19:52.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks