Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 19:32   #76
BHPian

Re: Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!

Quote:
(I'm damn sure if I hadn't exactly explained what was happening, they wouldn't have managed to repair it. The SA's face when he heard the sound was like Kachra's in Lagan.)
@ Reinhard: I just loved reading your thread and some of the quotable quotes !! You have some sense of humor and I was laughing like a maniac when I read the above line !!! While I will probably will not be buying a Tata Vehicle, your detailed notes atleast gave a different perspective of the much maligned TASS.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Have completed 3 weeks since service, and done one tank full mileage calculation. It remains as nice as it was before the oil change and service. Returned 24kmpl with AC on my standard office travel.
24kmpl with AC . The maximum I could manage in my Vista is 14/15kmpl in city and 19/20kmpl in highway with always on AC.
Old 9th July 2011, 12:32   #78
BHPian

Congrats Reinhard!

1. For the pleasant experience you had with T.A.S.S.
2. On your mileage of 24kmpl with A.C.

By the way, where is this T.A.S.S you went for your latest 3rd Free service?
24kmpl with A.C is just awesome man. Keep it up. It shows how well you drive too.

One more important information for all the Tata vehicle Owners.
Recently, a new senior position is created (and occupied now.This guy has worked with many OEM's earlier.) for the After sales and Customer feedback division. Hope this would improve the image of Tata Motors after sales.
Old 10th July 2011, 21:38   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
@ Reinhard: I just loved reading your thread and some of the quotable quotes !! You have some sense of humor and I was laughing like a maniac when I read the above line !!! While I will probably will not be buying a Tata Vehicle, your detailed notes atleast gave a different perspective of the much maligned TASS.
Pleased to know the post at least wasn't boring Aaren...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
24kmpl with AC . The maximum I could manage in my Vista is 14/15kmpl in city and 19/20kmpl in highway with always on AC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats Reinhard!

1. For the pleasant experience you had with T.A.S.S.
2. On your mileage of 24kmpl with A.C.

By the way, where is this T.A.S.S you went for your latest 3rd Free service?
24kmpl with A.C is just awesome man. Keep it up. It shows how well you drive too.

One more important information for all the Tata vehicle Owners.
Recently, a new senior position is created (and occupied now.This guy has worked with many OEM's earlier.) for the After sales and Customer feedback division. Hope this would improve the image of Tata Motors after sales.
Will guys, thanks. Actually, I'm consistently getting mileage of 24kmpl (+/-2 ) from the day I got her. It's a no-brainer really. The Mumbai Banglore Bypass highway is about 2 kms from my home, & About 36 kms of my daily run to office is highway. Rest is through moderate / bumper to bumper traffic. And I rarely pass 80kmph. The needle only sees 2500rpm when I go to Goa or Mumbai by the eway. Rest is generally around 1800-1900 rpm at the most. You'd get same numbers with your car if this was your routine

Cheers!
Old 14th July 2011, 14:02   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

And after 9 months of peaceful journeys, a mishap. The Vista now features a 1 foot long scratch near the bottom of the right rear door and a dent 1 inch in diameter below the door. What's worse is, I have nobody to blame for it but myself really.

I was stuck in traffic jam for an hour in Hinjewadi IT park, and the only reason was, the cops were too busy collecting "fines" from drivers at a corner. At an intersection, things started to clear a bit, and there was a barricade insanely placed in the middle of the road, for no reason at all. In a surge of rage at all this daily stupidity, I tried to move it aside while sitting in the car, and it toppled.... fell on a large boulder and turned thus scarring my beloved car....

The damage is pretty small, but its the first one in my car's life which I've cared for a lot! And it's hurting me a lot. Never in my life have I been this guilty of my own deeds till now...After being so much protective of her, I gave her this gift!!! *curses to myself*

I'll click a picture and post it shortly. Will be taking her to Tata tomorrow for repairs. The scars are small enough that my colleagues advised me to live with them. But I can't really...Every time I see them, I'll feel I'm not worthy of driving her!
Old 14th July 2011, 14:13   #81
BHPian

Vista is the King among the hatches in the space segment. Since it is a value for money car, I found some glitches in the interior plastics. Door handles from the inside does crek sounds when you press them slightly.
I get a mileage in City 12kmpl and Highway 17kmpl for TDI.

Most important unforgettable point is this car has road presence and has a tough built.
yogeshnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 19:05   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is back. Right rear door buffed, dent removed and complete door re-painted. The job is done really well. Since the original paint is as good as new (well I never wash the car, so the paint is well protected under the dust ) the new one doesn't look different at all. So evidences of my mistake are now removed.
It was a deep 1 foot scratch and 2 inch diameter and pretty deep dent. They are removed, and have now left a dent of INR 4000/- in my pocket...

I got it done from the TASC - Pandit Auto Ltd. Sahakar Nagar. That facility has probably the largest body-shop in western Maharashtra (barring TML Pune of course.) My car visits the same facility for scheduled services and I find the guys very good and trustworthy. They may be not-so-trained on the "Customer experience" bit, so may not run around you like a pack of lunatics, but charges are very reasonable and work is done with care.

Job was well done, car delivered on the very next day with a complementary wash + wax, since I did not opt for insurance. Leaving the car at the workshop for 3-4 days just for the insurance guys to inspect it, wasn't really worth considering the amount of damage. Most friends advised me not to get it repaired at all. But since the dent was at the bottom edge of the door, which would be exposed to water from road often, I got it all covered up under the paint to avoid rusting. Second reason was obviously to reduce my own guilt about it...
Old 17th July 2011, 19:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
The car is back. Right rear door buffed, dent removed and complete door re-painted. The job is done really well.
I can understand how it feels when you see a scar on your pal cos I too had gone through the same and I was given a quote of exactly 4000 by one of the TASC but luckily RAPID (more about it in my thread)saved me cos I got it done for Rs.938.

Any before and after pics?
Old 17th July 2011, 22:04   #84
BHPian

Hey Reinhard,

Just came across your excellent thread. Sorry about the damage part, but good to know that TASS has done well to quickly "remove the evidences of your mistake".

Wishing you safe and happy crunching of many more miles on this amazing beast that also happens to give you 24 kmpl! Talk about a milch cow that also works like a bull!
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 10:46   #85

Quote:
And after 4 or so years of following T-BHP more than food, here I am - writing my own experience here to share.

P.S. - Special thanks to all those who posted their reviews of Vista in past. Definitely boosted my decision to join them in the Vista club.
Cheers!
I read this review many times and also referred my wife to this thread and we ended up booking Vista Refresh QJet version and we are bring home the beast on 27-Aug-2011.

Thanks Reinhard for the excellent and honest review. Appreciate it.
MuthuSB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 13:05   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm, 5 days to complete 1 year of companionship (I just can't use the word Ownership for my car!) and I made the first real modification.

Have added some more character to the stock Blaupunkt BT ICE. Additions -
1. JBL GT series 300W 2 channel amp
2. JBL CS 1215 1100 watt woofer in JBL enclosure.
(Both original with bill and warranty.)

I spent weeks pondering about the GT-X1250 bass tube, but in the end the brain (and plenty BHPians) told me to opt for a proper box enclosure.
Its a pretty entry level setup, but has enough punch to blow my ear drums and probably rear hatch, wiper and windshield away!

Got the mod done at Phadke Car Decor in Kothrud Pune, near Paranjape School. Paid INR 10,700/-
The box is quite big, and has eaten away half of the boot's floor. Anyway I don't need the boot much, so not a thing to bother about. When necessary, the box can be removed as expected.

Advise to fellow Vista / Manza owners -
If you are planning to add an amp-SW, do not blindly go ahead and change your HU. The Blaupunkt lacks pre-outs but with the usual converter and a semi-wire cut (they remove a bit of wire sheath and connect the amp wires. Wire is not actually cut.) the existing HU works wonders and I'm sure is sufficient for most of us. Do test out the woofer with existing ICE and change only if you are not satisfied. (Well in my case even if I was not satisfied I had no choice since the budget was fixed and I already overshot it a bit.)

After retuning the HU's equalizer for better mid & HF, even the stock Onkyo door speakers are throwing out wonder sound, now that the bass is taken off their shoulder. Earlier they used to beg for mercy with horrible output when bass was expected out of them. After listening to this setup, I've totally called off my original plans to replace the speakers. The ICE mod guy also agreed and suggested sticking with the stocks.

About the shop experience -

I myself feel price is a bit on the higher side but the experience was unlike any other in past. Those who have visited Durga Car in past should pay Phadke a visit. I was sitting in the car all the time while 3 guys were working on it. The care they were showing while removing panels / beadings, wiring etc was commendable. They even collected all the stripped wire coatings properly and took them away. Handled the console panels, ICE panels etc with utmost care and did not just rip them off and stamp them in! Really pleased with the experience. I'd have paid even 12,000 had he charged! And I was also watching other cars being worked upon, who's owners had handed over and left. Those were also being handled with the same care.
I've been visiting this store for itsy-bitsy stuff and have always liked the way they manage. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone seeking advise.

I've visited Durga Car for my Omni & friend's Vista, and each time they remove something or fix it back, you are given a free heart attack if you are around. The friend's Vista was left with a damaged left door latch handle & broken AC vent fins - which we repaired DIY!!

Running update -
Well its a bit too boring and monotonous to write this. No changes anyway.
ODO = 14,000 KMS
Last FE (TF to TF, half AC) = 23kmpl
Trouble = NIL.
Last wash = June 2011 She could pass off as a return from WRC. But under the "coat" the body shines so much that people are going to be shocked when I return from the washing center tomorrow.

Pictures of the amp-SW to follow hopefully by Sunday.

Happy Diwali Fellows.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th October 2011 at 13:08. Reason: Formatting.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 13:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that you have got the system fixed. I always had in mind to change the stock HU so it was a direct swap from my Zen, recently upgrade the HU to Kenny. But for Manza my current SW is too small
Old 10th December 2011, 12:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, 5 days to complete 1 year of companionship (I just can't use the word Ownership for my car!) and I made the first real modification.

Have added some more character to the stock Blaupunkt BT ICE. Additions -
1. JBL GT series 300W 2 channel amp
2. JBL CS 1215 1100 watt woofer in JBL enclosure.
(Both original with bill and warranty.)

I spent weeks pondering about the GT-X1250 bass tube, but in the end the brain (and plenty BHPians) told me to opt for a proper box enclosure.
Its a pretty entry level setup, but has enough punch to blow my ear drums and probably rear hatch, wiper and windshield away!

Got the mod done at Phadke Car Decor in Kothrud Pune, near Paranjape School. Paid INR 10,700/-
The box is quite big, and has eaten away half of the boot's floor. Anyway I don't need the boot much, so not a thing to bother about. When necessary, the box can be removed as expected.

Advise to fellow Vista / Manza owners -
If you are planning to add an amp-SW, do not blindly go ahead and change your HU. The Blaupunkt lacks pre-outs but with the usual converter and a semi-wire cut (they remove a bit of wire sheath and connect the amp wires. Wire is not actually cut.) the existing HU works wonders and I'm sure is sufficient for most of us. Do test out the woofer with existing ICE and change only if you are not satisfied. (Well in my case even if I was not satisfied I had no choice since the budget was fixed and I already overshot it a bit.)

After retuning the HU's equalizer for better mid & HF, even the stock Onkyo door speakers are throwing out wonder sound, now that the bass is taken off their shoulder. Earlier they used to beg for mercy with horrible output when bass was expected out of them. After listening to this setup, I've totally called off my original plans to replace the speakers. The ICE mod guy also agreed and suggested sticking with the stocks.

About the shop experience -

I myself feel price is a bit on the higher side but the experience was unlike any other in past. Those who have visited Durga Car in past should pay Phadke a visit. I was sitting in the car all the time while 3 guys were working on it. The care they were showing while removing panels / beadings, wiring etc was commendable. They even collected all the stripped wire coatings properly and took them away. Handled the console panels, ICE panels etc with utmost care and did not just rip them off and stamp them in! Really pleased with the experience. I'd have paid even 12,000 had he charged! And I was also watching other cars being worked upon, who's owners had handed over and left. Those were also being handled with the same care.
I've been visiting this store for itsy-bitsy stuff and have always liked the way they manage. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone seeking advise.

I've visited Durga Car for my Omni & friend's Vista, and each time they remove something or fix it back, you are given a free heart attack if you are around. The friend's Vista was left with a damaged left door latch handle & broken AC vent fins - which we repaired DIY!!

Running update -
Well its a bit too boring and monotonous to write this. No changes anyway.
ODO = 14,000 KMS
Last FE (TF to TF, half AC) = 23kmpl
Trouble = NIL.
Last wash = June 2011 She could pass off as a return from WRC. But under the "coat" the body shines so much that people are going to be shocked when I return from the washing center tomorrow.

Pictures of the amp-SW to follow hopefully by Sunday.

Happy Diwali Fellows.
Hello Reinhard,

This is my first post here in your thread!
So even after a year, heartiest congratulations for getting the vista home!

I just read your complete report and love to see TATA responding and working in such an improved and appreciable way!

Its been long sine you've updated your thread about your awsome average figures and Strong humor points (read 'kachra's face in Lagaan')

Will soon b looking to an update on your thread with some nice set of pictures which are really long impending!

Have a happy partnership with your baby!

Enjoy and cheers,
Sahil
Old 12th December 2011, 11:37   #89
BHPian

@Reinhard: That's a very detailed ownership review. And the fuel efficiency figures are also great. Enjoy your ride
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 14:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got it done from the TASC - Pandit Auto Ltd. Sahakar Nagar. That facility has probably the largest body-shop in western Maharashtra ...
Is it the one in Shahu college campus? If yes, than i have had a good experience as well.Pandit auto is also planning to start a Service Centre near Wakad soon.

They have opened a new showroon in Aundh, near Parihar chowk.

Indica VISTA is truly SEDAN class, Fuel Efficiency is amazing , and thanks for sharing info on Phadke, i will surely visit it soon.

Last edited by silverado : 12th December 2011 at 14:24. Reason: Addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks