Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 12:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Indica Vista DT4 QJD Aura ABS - Drive it to believe it!!

Rainhard,one vital tip and an information to Tata owners .Do not park your car in sunlight.In one of my distant relatives i have found the silver finish on centre console pealing off.May this information be helpful for you.
Regards
Sreehari
Old 30th December 2010, 14:55   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Maverick1977, TSEA, ajay_satpute Many thanks for your thoughts and wishes!! Yep the car has improved (And some improvements are to my dislike compared to the older version...).

@SHK - Many thanks for this tip. That finish on my version seems better. But I anyway never park under direct sun. When I do, I use the reflective sheet on windscreen and cover the complete dashboard and console with reflective materials. AND I keep her under cover if not parked on road. Fingers crossed that this will protect the looks of that console...Thanks again for the tippo!

Latest about my car - nothing has changed all continues to be in pristine condition. Have completed more than 2800 kms and latest FE = 24kmpl. Only daily office commute. Its winter and I don't remember using the AC. She has returned identical FE even when I had used AC. So it seems the engine doesn't have to work harder for the AC and its surplus power at my use is sufficient for the compressor...

Have made a decision to disconnect the rear door stock speakers and add Pioneer / JBL ovals on the rear tray (with upgrade to MDF board). Front stocks are sufficient IMO. Would have liked to have an AMP and woofer as well. But the boot is modest and i also keep the car cover in it everyday after taking off.

Still haven't got seat covers . But fortunately the original fabric hasn't caught any stains as yet. Looks as good as 1 November 2010 (the delivery day). Still confused between fabric or faux leather.

Plans for alloys and upgrade to 15" shelved for some months now. The high command (wifey) has vetoed the decision and "Savings" is our motto now. Any way I won't be getting much returns for my used tires now so makes sense to continue with them for some time.

By the way, has any QJD VIsta owner tried fiddling around with the diagnostic port with ScanGauge II or similar devices? I'm interested in that and having a look at all the raw data that the OBC collects about engine parameters. Quite fascinated about this thing since years. I believe the Fiat MJD in our cars is not directly compatible with usual OBD scanners? Any pointers fellows?

Meanwhile I test drove a Punto when a friend booked it. Its a real good car overall, but the seating position and cramped cabin left me disappointed after being in Vista daily. I never managed to find a good driving position at my height in the Punto / Linea... Legs keep scraping one thing or the other around the steering and dashboard. And a bit too low set for my liking...
Old 30th December 2010, 15:24   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry mods - missed a couple of points in the post above.

1. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know whats the AC compressor's capacity?
2. In the Punto I drove, even if it was pretty banged up, the interiors were noticeably better as compared to the one I drove earlier. Much better fit and consistent panel gaps. Definitely worthy of claiming the asking price. Electric mirrors are fine but lack of power-folding on them is annoying even on E+. Vice versa would be better practically...Rear seating as usual for me is an experience never possible. If I'm to sit in the rear of a Punto, the front guys have to be sub 5 feet in height...Heavy year end discounts on FGT Punto in Pune right now especially on the exotica red colour. Strange since its a nice colour for the Punto...

3. IMPORTANT - does anyone in Pune know where I can get the good old AmbiPur AC vent attachable perfume dispenser? Since SaraLee pulled shutters, Godrej has stopped that brand :( I don't fancy the large perfume bottles much. And the Vista's slanting dashboard doesn't prefer them much either. A bottle temporarily sits in my cup holder right now . I hope Godrej finds ways to launch that product once again...They had a near monopoly in that line.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th December 2010 at 15:29.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
3. IMPORTANT - does anyone in Pune know where I can get the good old AmbiPur AC vent attachable perfume dispenser? Since SaraLee pulled shutters, Godrej has stopped that brand :( I don't fancy the large perfume bottles much. And the Vista's slanting dashboard doesn't prefer them much either. A bottle temporarily sits in my cup holder right now . I hope Godrej finds ways to launch that product once again...They had a near monopoly in that line.
Yes I know. I was also searching for Ambi Pure all around and found one shop in Kothrud.

This shop is called Vijay Car Decor I guess, not too sure about the name. The shop is next to Kimaya Restaurant and bang opposite Kasat Petrol pump, a India Oil pump. The biggest landmark is McDonalds, which is just before the Kimaya restaurant. If you come from Deccan side, this shop is on the right hand side and the petrol pump is on the left.

I got one recently from this guy and he has lots in stock.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:56   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

AJ!!!
You made my day!! MANY THANKS for this pointer. This is where I'll head today as soon as I leave office. Praying he still has those left. If yes, I owe you a meal in McD / Kimaya!
Old 5th February 2011, 17:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, has any QJD VIsta owner tried fiddling around with the diagnostic port with ScanGauge II or similar devices? I'm interested in that and having a look at all the raw data that the OBC collects about engine parameters. Quite fascinated about this thing since years. I believe the Fiat MJD in our cars is not directly compatible with usual OBD scanners? Any pointers fellows?
Reinherd,

Did you have any luck in getting the OBD working.I have been trying to get this working for the last 2 years but with no sucess I have a QJD Aura. Do let me know in case you have made the breakthrough.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:10   #52
BHPian

[quote=

1. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know whats the AC compressor's capacity?.[/QUOTE]

Any news on this item?I am being told that that the refresh version has a newer/better compressor!
Old 11th February 2011, 12:01   #53
BHPian

Reinhard,
One imp query. From how far can your remote unlock the central locking of your Vista refresh?

The reason behind asking this question is, two of my friends mentioned me their experiences as 50 and 80 ft of Old Vista and Refresh. So is it the same with you or even more?

I installed a Xenos in my M800 and it is 150 feet. I measured it practically with a tape, when parked in a plane ground with out any obstacles.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:14   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, back on TBHP after a while!

Have got the "LTD" sticker donned on the rear bumper & www . team - bhp . com on the rear plate. Already experience honking/flashing/waving with fellow BHPians everyday on the highway . Will post pictures soon (reason - the babe needs a wash first).

Have completed 4200kms. Due for 2nd service soon. Everything as it was with 40km on the odo at delivery...Not a single -even microscopic- scratch on her still. Touch wood on that.

Okay one funny glitch, on rare occasions, the seat belt / key-in door open warning buzzer, instead of usual "tan-tan-tan" noise, makes "taaawn-taaawwn-taaaawn" sound. Not much of a trouble, but will be getting that checked at service anyway. Probably they'll replace that one in warranty without even bothering to check what is causing this. (If I go with the MASS experience I have from past.)

After 3 months of brainstorming, have decided to go for fluffy grabby sort of fabric seat covers. This is a comfortable car & I decided the stiff leather seats won't let me relax as cozy as I could. And also, the way the leather covers are put on, makes me go crazy. I can't imagine myself handing over my car to those guys to dismantle the seats...

@Ajay - Thanks for that pointer mate! Did get the perfume from there indeed! I owe you a treat now. Its not Ambi-Pur of course, but its nice and snaps well into the side AC vents.

@svdath - No not yet. A friend has a ScanGuageII like device that he got from the US. Haven't yet tried yet. But he said it doesnt work with his Ritz VDi. So more or less that rules out this device for me as well, given the same engine. Will figure out a way to work with the Fiat interface definitely. By hook or by crook!

@Sam.k - I haven't heard so, but I definitely FEEL that the refreshed version has a better compressor. I have the AC set at less than half cool, and that cools the cab fast even at fan speed 1. The older one definitely needed to be at coldest + 2 fan to achieve that same result. Expert inputs welcome here.

@Maverick79 - Its not very long range on the Vista. Its a bit clumsy actually. From certain angles, I can make it work even from 150 ft. Like when she is standing in the parking lot, and I'm on the 4th-5th floor of my office, I can push the button and see that the locks are responding.
But, when I'm on the ground, its around 50ft - in fact even less than that.
I don't feel anything about that, since I generally use the key to lock/unlock, and not the "keyless" gizmo. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have opted for the keyless really...

Cheers!

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th February 2011 at 18:17.
Old 11th February 2011, 19:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Have got the "LTD" sticker donned on the rear bumper & www . team - bhp . com on the rear plate. Already experience honking/flashing/waving with fellow BHPians everyday on the highway . Will post pictures soon (reason - the babe needs a wash first).
Cheers!
Hi. I suggest you take off the sticker from the no. plate. It is illegal to have stickers on no. plates. I guess it would look good on the rear windscreen.

Oh, and I love the Vista. I too am considering going in for an Aura ABS.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have got the "LTD" sticker donned on the rear bumper & www . team - bhp . com on the rear plate. Already experience honking/flashing/waving with fellow BHPians everyday on the highway .
Ohh cool! I have come across a fellow bhpian only a couple of times on the bypass road (A white, well driven Indica DLG Turbo) and MX6's Ikon.

Quote:
After 3 months of brainstorming, have decided to go for fluffy grabby sort of fabric seat covers. This is a comfortable car & I decided the stiff leather seats won't let me relax as cozy as I could. And also, the way the leather covers are put on, makes me go crazy. I can't imagine myself handing over my car to those guys to dismantle the seats...
We have those in our Indigo and they make the car feel really cozy and well..fluffy.
Can you tell me where you got the seat covers from and for how much ? The only reason I am postponing getting them for my car is that Leather(ite) makes me uncomfortable. And yes, getting stitched ones on is a pain.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:58   #57
BHPian

Hello Reinhard,
Hope u are on a weekend trip. No updates since 11th.
One more query. Did you get your registration 'Smart card' from RTO? If yes, how long did it took to reach you, after registration?
I just want to compare the Pimpri RTO's speed on this.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Hello Reinhard,
Hope u are on a weekend trip. No updates since 11th.
One more query. Did you get your registration 'Smart card' from RTO? If yes, how long did it took to reach you, after registration?
I just want to compare the Pimpri RTO's speed on this.
I had got mine in less than 2 months. I think that is the usual time any RTO would take.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:16   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys, I'm back.

@Maverick79 - well not really. I slipped on a staircase while carrying a new CRT monitor box, and while saving that one, I managed to twist my knee. Had right leg resembling a ghost (from Indian concepts) with toes pointing backwards... So spent the weekend horizontally in bed.
As for the RC card - I haven't yet received it at all! Call them up every week, but no news.

@Sajo - no i haven't got them on yet. Just finalized the fabric ones at last. Will either get them done from Pandit during 2nd service OR, DURGA (Puram Chowk) or RajCar (Mehendale Garage). I inquired and the good ones come around INR 2000 to 3000.

Over the weekend, A large "Audumbar" tree (Asian Cluster Tree) spanning over my parking area was trimmed and the main branches that used to be over my car were chopped too. I guess it would take about 2-3 years to be back as it was. I hated this a lot. One - I always hate to see even a leaf being chopped from any tree. And two - well that one does a very good job of protecting my car! This species is notorious for its very sticky and heavy tree sap drops. All of my car cover is always coated and sticky due to it. And then the fruits and thus invited birds & bats. All these, kept people & children away from my car! Nobody dared stay near her, lean against her, or even touch the cover. Now I've lost the "shield" for some months/years at least...
Old 15th February 2011, 17:19   #60
BHPian

[quote=Reinhard;2245458]Hey guys, I'm back.

@Maverick79 - well not really. I slipped on a staircase while carrying a new CRT monitor box, and while saving that one, I managed to twist my knee. Had right leg resembling a ghost (from Indian concepts) with toes pointing backwards... So spent the weekend horizontally in bed.
As for the RC card - I haven't yet received it at all! Call them up every week, but no news.

OH. I am so sorry for that. Hope you are feeling better now and atleast, able to walk. Else, both you and your new Vista will be missing each other badly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks