Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 10:58   #61
sarcar

re: Tata Safari GX 4x2 : 65,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Have you taken delivery of your GX ? Look forward to the pics and your ownership experience.
I am going for the PDI today to the Concorde Motors Sarjapura stockyard ! Hope to start a thread soon.

The final finance clearances are going on and hopefully I should have the car in hand next week. The people at the dealership have been very hepful and candid till now; polite but not sugar-coated.

I am feeling some churn in my tummy with Merlin getting closer, asking myself if I mistimed the ball or not. Nevertheless, looking forward to the car, I mean beast.

Old 11th July 2011, 19:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Paints exchanged with an Indica

OK - so, here goes. After 5 months and 9 days of scratch free and dent free ownership, i did a very silly thing in our office parking and paid the price.

Our office parking space is a bit funny, no no..actually, our employees are a bit funny ( including me ). We have a few slots in our basement. I dont park my T-Saf there due to several beams and pillars in that place. Moreover, getting a vacant slot is very difficult here.

The facility also provides a multi-level car park, but ours is on the 5th floor and this means taking about 10 rounds to reach there. It takes time to reach the 5th floor, takes some more time to take the lift to get to basement and more time to walk to the lift lobby where the office is.

As a third provision, we also have one "Open" parking - just 4 walls, but is inside our facility. I normally park at the extreme to the wall, as can be seen from the picture below.

Name:  Untitled1.png
Views: 1779
Size:  9.4 KB

If you notice, one of my colleagues was lazy enough to go to the multi-level park and kept his indica at a place where no one is supposed to park. His thought was that there is enough space for me to take a right and exit (Its standard location for both of us ).

This specific day ( the prev friday ), i had put my T-Saf very close to the wall, so close that i cant open the left door. That day, one other colleage kept his ANHC very close to the T-Saf.

While exiting, i thought i can squeeze thru. I opened my right window to ensure that i dont do anything to the ANHC. I got down to check clearance at the Indica side. I knew that a little reverse and back and front, and i should be done. I did that and boldly, took a sharp right, only to hear plastic to plastic sounds - the T-Saf bumper exchanged paints with the Indica Bumper..

Thankfully, nothing major for the T-Saf. I wrote a polite mail to my colleage about this and spoke to him. He was disappointed, but didnt show any angst.

I hope this would be the last time for the T-Saf ! to get attracted to other cars !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcar View Post
I am going for the PDI today to the Concorde Motors Sarjapura stockyard ! Hope to start a thread soon.

The final finance clearances are going on and hopefully I should have the car in hand next week. The people at the dealership have been very hepful and candid till now; polite but not sugar-coated.

I am feeling some churn in my tummy with Merlin getting closer, asking myself if I mistimed the ball or not. Nevertheless, looking forward to the car, I mean beast.
Aaahh.. the Merlin.. i can imagine the reactions in your tummy. I am following the merlin thread with equal interest too. Its quite a difficult thought actually. All said and done, let me put this way - this beast wont disappoint you and will keep you happy for many miles.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 18:43   #63
sarcar

Quote:
Accept my heartiest congratulations Sarcar. Would love to see your ownership report coming up soon.
Finally, the first notes are out ...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assemb...-dualtone.html

Old 21st July 2011, 22:28   #64
BHPian

Re: Paints exchanged with an Indica

Quote:
I hope this would be the last time for the T-Saf ! to get attracted to other cars !
Yeah... better keep your bull away from the little lady cars around.

Last edited by recker_us : 21st July 2011 at 22:28. Reason: .
Old 24th July 2011, 10:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Re: Did a highly stupid thing

After being out of Bangalore for 4 days, i took my T-Saf on Friday morning. Dropped of my son to school and was on way to office. Didn't realise that i had very minimal fuel. Didnt notice the yellow light blinking. Didnt know what was coming my way.

I was about to take a right turn at Delmia Signal, @ JP Nagar towards my office, and i suddenly heard the beast stalling. The stall then turned to loss of power, a few jerks and stutters. That's when i saw the lights and was shocked. I am the one who normally do a full tank each time i visit the fuel station, and i was really cross with myself for having put the car to this situation.

The T-Saf's heart stopped beating. It rolled down to a very silent Halt. The only sound i could hear was my heart skipping a few beats for having done such a silly thing. Suddenly, i heard too many people trying to honk their way around me.

Two good souls helped push the beast to the side. I then gathered myself, opened the bonnet, pumped the heart ( the small medicine ball shaped black rubber pump ) and got some fuel into the engine.

A bit tentative, i gently turned on the keys, and Wow !, it started. I immediately rushed to the nearest fuel station and got a tank fill.

I am still to come to terms on how i managed to put myself in this position. I hope this doesnt have any adverse reactions to the engine.
Old 24th July 2011, 10:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: Did a highly stupid thing

Quote:
...I hope this doesnt have any adverse reactions to the engine.
Not unless you make it a habit, which I doubt.
Old 26th July 2011, 10:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: Temp guage - not working ?

I promised myself never to do this kind of stupidity ever again.

Yesterday, i noticed that the temp guage wasnt moving at all. It continues to remain in the "C" area. I hope there isnt a major issue with this. I am also not sure how long has this gauge been dysfunctional.

Got to talk to Narasimha at Concorde yesterday and he promised to check it out and also do a general check up this wednesday, tomorrow. It will help, given that i have a round trip to Coimbatore planned over the weekend.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:03   #68
BHPian

The temp. gauge staying at C happened to me too - it was a very minor fix - I think KHT changed a cheap transducer or something and that fixed it. Could be a common problem to many Safaris I feel.
Dont worry much about it - you are good to go to CBE with or without Concorde's checkup. :-)
verditer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 09:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

The New Temp Guage, sensor parts has arrived at Concorde. Got to visit them tomorrow and get the replacement done.

Meanwhile, went to Kukke, Mangalore, Udipi, Kollur, Sringeri, Horanadu trip. I was advised to check the Coolant levels on a continual basis, and i did just that.

The trip was very good. The roads upto Shiradi were in super condition. The beast handled the Craters at the ghats very well.

The wipers were good enough for the downpour encountered thru the way, at most places. Experienced maximum rainfall ( more than a downpour ) for about 15 minutes while crossing Agumbe - my God, what rains.

Aah..forgot to mention, all this trip due to the several posts about Malnad, Monsoons etc..so, completely tempted, we did a quick trip and we were all wet for the good part of the day.

Return to Bangalore - 14th (sunday )evening. The beast is in good speeds. Several cars on the roads. The rains have stopped after Sakleshpur. The windows are rolled up, since it was getting a bit warm and humid. I switch on the A/C button and all i get is some warm air. Tried changing the blower speed, and more warm air.

We stopped at a CCD, had our coffee, and i am getting slightly irritated. More than 150 K to go, and no A/C. Opened the bonnet and i see one wire dangling. I realised this is the same one that Concorde said had replaced. Searched for the other end and quickly put the two ends to gether. Borrowed the black insulation tape from CCD and secured this cable together. Tried the A/C now and it started spitting out cold air again.

Relief on one side and disappointment on the other. I was told that this cable was replaced the previous time i had an issue with the A/C ( one old post says it where i visited Coorg in peak summers and had a horrid tandoori time in the beast ), but all they did was some patch up work, that gave away in the shiradi ghats.

Will give a stern feedback to Narasimha at Concorde, when i meet him tomorrow. Barring, this, it was a superb trip.

I would urge other Safari owners to have a weekend trip done to the malnad areas during the monsoons. It was fabulous.
Old 16th October 2011, 12:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Gosh ! Its so hectic at work these days, what with so much of travel and several million deadlines to meet, i havent had the time to update my thread.

15K got over, the service was smooth and the vehicle , even smoother. The only black spot was an accident i had one week prior to the second service date.

I was turning into the Kanakapura Road from JP Nagar. A Huge truck , laden with goods for the Metro Construction is ahead of me. Its a packed junction. He tries to take left, i follow him closely behind. I am stationary, at the signal waiting for the left to clear. I try to change a song in the system, my eyes are momentarily off for a few seconds and suddenly i hear metal to metal clanging. That's when i realise that i have had a skirmish with the truck ahead. Now, i feel that he had taken a slight reverse or since my concentration wasnt there, my car may have taken slight forwards. Net result - a big dent on the left fender and left side of bonnet and the front left head lamp assembly disappeared into the roads.

Insurance, the leasing company, co-ordination with Concorde - took a while, but i got the car back in a week in pristine condition. I also did the 3M interiors during the second service.

The only issue i now have is that since they have replaced the panel, my milege is all afresh. The 14800 odd ones that i had has gone along with the old panel.

Aah..forgot to mention, i reach home after the second service and am parking. That's when i realise that the Sensor isnt working . Got to visit Concorde again.

I am not just a shade above 16K KM's. Last weekend saw a quick run to the Shivanasamudra Bluff and the two water falls. A very smooth drive on smoother roads and a super ride.

More updates soon.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 20:50   #71
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the skirmish. Good she's back with you now.

Do you mean your ODO is now restarting from 0? I didnt get exactly what you mean when you sayd your mileage is all afresh...

The parking brake sensor happened to me too, its a minor one no worries there.
Old 17th October 2011, 10:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Will give a stern feedback to Narasimha at Concorde, when i meet him tomorrow.
Hi, though am reading your thread lately, couldn't help commenting on this one.
I'll never visit Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, until it becomes the last TASS on earth. My Safari, which I was so possessive about, has been ruined by them. After a service that lasted 8 days, and a bill that went on to about Rs.23k/-, the vehicle was returned with 6 full floor mats and cigarette lighter stolen. Narasimha and Reddy have pleaded for me not to report to TM. They refunded Rs.1500/- for the floor mats, but guessing that the cigarette lighter is an OEM accessory and not sold over the counter. still waiting to make my next move. This apart, Rs.1200/- was charged for cleaning all door pads which again I found was not undertaken.

I've done almost every service at Auto MATRIX, Mangalore, with no complaints whatsoever.

Why has Concorde Motors become so lax and careless is beyond my reasoning.

Cheers.

Last edited by dkamath : 17th October 2011 at 10:49.
dkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Do you mean your ODO is now restarting from 0? I didnt get exactly what you mean when you sayd your mileage is all afresh...

The parking brake sensor happened to me too, its a minor one no worries there.
Yes Suresh - ODO is restarting from "0" now. I was told there is no other way to reset to the KM's that was available in the previous panel.

And yes, i didnt have to go to Concorde - i realised that the cable connection to the mirror was open. I put this in and it started working again. But then, these are things you would expect the service guys to take care while delivering. If they had removed this for some purpose, they better put this back in working condition, i guess this is a very valid expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi, though am reading your thread lately, couldn't help commenting on this one.
I'll never visit Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, until it becomes the last TASS on earth. My Safari, which I was so possessive about, has been ruined by them. After a service that lasted 8 days, and a bill that went on to about Rs.23k/-, the vehicle was returned with 6 full floor mats and cigarette lighter stolen. Narasimha and Reddy have pleaded for me not to report to TM. They refunded Rs.1500/- for the floor mats, but guessing that the cigarette lighter is an OEM accessory and not sold over the counter. still waiting to make my next move. This apart, Rs.1200/- was charged for cleaning all door pads which again I found was not undertaken.

I've done almost every service at Auto MATRIX, Mangalore, with no complaints whatsoever.

Why has Concorde Motors become so lax and careless is beyond my reasoning.

Cheers.
I am shocked to hear this. I havent had any issue as serious like yours. So far, so good. I will perhaps give it one more shot with them and see how it goes. I did write a mail to Anup Pillai at the Mysore road works on why i am a bit unhappy with them. Havent heard from him as yet.
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Suresh - ODO is restarting from "0" now. I was told there is no other way to reset to the KM's that was available in the previous panel.
What panel was replaced? The entire instrument panel?
Old 24th October 2011, 09:30   #75
BHPian

That is very sad. I will hate to lose the mileage clocked. One reason I dont have full belief in these electronic ODOs, seem very easy to get screwed up; the earlier mechanical ODOs look more trustworthy and lasting....

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks