Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 13:35   #46
NFS
BHPian

Re: Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio

@aviorp: Thanks for the quick clarification. Great learning here for me.

TBHP Experts can too comment on why these spots are made on the body parts or if they were for any specific purpose at the factory during manufacture.

@aviorp: I will also collect some information, if possible and share it with you.
Old 21st February 2011, 08:49   #47
BHPian

6 months update : Feb 20th 2011

Odo Reading : 57093

Its been a sheer pleasure driving this fellow and this is what I do maintain him and a quick summary.

Kms done - 12,772

Service & Maintenance :

-1st Service : Rs.5100/-

Problems faced :

Oil leakage due to 'unchanged' clutch oil (complete informtion mentioned earlier)
- Cost : Rs.2400/-

Fuel Economy :

Have checked it thrice, 12.28, 12.48 and 12.33 (City driving). On an average he drinks 12.3 kmpl.

Cleaning :

> Wash it once a week and it takes atleast 2 hours for a complete washing and cleaning process.

> Wax and polish - once a month.

Next service due at : 62000 Km

Some pictures, from different places, where he has left his trails.

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn8003optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn7996optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn8187optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn8251optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn8010optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-dscn7962optimized.jpg

Powered by mHawk, driven by me! The Mahindra Scorpio-photo0146optimized.jpg

Cheers
Avinash
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2011, 10:21   #48
BHPian

Hi Avinash,

could you please let me know what do you mean by next service within 5k Kms ? Engine Oil, Oil filter..etc., ? or is it anything else, IIRC, The oil service for Scorpio is 10k KMS, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post

Cheers
Avinash
Old 21st February 2011, 12:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi Avinash,

could you please let me know what do you mean by next service within 5k Kms ? Engine Oil, Oil filter..etc., ? or is it anything else, IIRC, The oil service for Scorpio is 10k KMS, right ?
The last service was done at 48300 Kms. I thought I'll follow the 15K kms interval, as mentioned in the manual and also as suggested by the SA, in the IG workshop but decided to give it after 14K kms. So, its about 5K from now.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:21   #50
BHPian

Cool, Thanks Avi for the clarification.

Quote:
The last service was done at 48300 Kms. I thought I'll follow the 15K kms interval, as mentioned in the manual and also as suggested by the SA, in the IG workshop but decided to give it after 14K kms. So, its about 5K from now.
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:39   #51
BHPian

Hi Avinash:

Have you driven your Scorpio on ghat roads? Is the pickup adequate? Does it feel comfortable? I am looking at buying a Scorpio for use on highways as well as narrow hill roads. My existing car (Tata Indigo) feels grossly underpowered when climbing hills, especially where I have to negotiate narrow hair pin bends.

Also, I have heard that Scorpios have a high centre of gravity and therefore are not very stable at high speeds. I will be driving about 1100 kms a number of times in a year on NH-7. Have you driven your Scorpio on roads such as the Golden Quadrilateral? How does it feel?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Hi Avinash:

Have you driven your Scorpio on ghat roads? Is the pickup adequate? Does it feel comfortable? I am looking at buying a Scorpio for use on highways as well as narrow hill roads. My existing car (Tata Indigo) feels grossly underpowered when climbing hills, especially where I have to negotiate narrow hair pin bends.

Also, I have heard that Scorpios have a high centre of gravity and therefore are not very stable at high speeds. I will be driving about 1100 kms a number of times in a year on NH-7. Have you driven your Scorpio on roads such as the Golden Quadrilateral? How does it feel?
Hi Vartakavi,

I have driven an Hyundai Accent (Petrol) for almost 5 years, so I can give you fair idea about the difference between the two, as you have an Indigo, which might help.

Driving in the Ghat/Hill sections : The only "common" place, I have driven both the cars is Tirupathi.

Absolutely no problem with the Scorp. You can easily maneuver the hair-pin bends, in 2nd gear, unless you come to a stand-still, but there is a difference in steering between the two. I was more cautious, simply because of its size. At times, you'll get a feeling that you're driving a 2-ton vehicle, especially when you upgrade from a sedan. You can only gauge this, when you actually drive, but not a matter of concern.

Another place is the Karwar to Dharwad section, NH63, has good amount of hair-pin bends and we were 7 of them. Didn't have to accelerate hard, to over-take a lorry or a car, nor found any amount of black smoke emitted, as I was taking most of the turns in the 2nd gear and even some in 3rd, depending on the momentum.

Coorg, definitely not as much as Ooty, but had no trouble either. However, the moment I switched on the AC, I could feel the power going down, once I approached a steep road. Either I had to accelerate hard or had to switch of the AC, to keep the momentum in 2nd gear.

About high speeds : I have done NH4 twice, which I consider much better than NH7. I'm not willing to share the top-speeds that I have done, but just to give you an hint, the stretch between Bangalore and Belgaum is about 500 kms and we did it in 8 hours, with 1.5 hours of break. The only problem is during cornering. In exceess of 80Kmph, you'll actually get a feeling that the car is going to topple, which is famously termed 'Body-Roll'. You definitely have to be more cautious, than the sedan.

Cheers
Avinash

Last edited by aviorp : 22nd February 2011 at 15:09.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2011, 07:30   #53
BHPian

Thanks Avinash! This feedback certainly helps!
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:06   #54
BHPian

Balle balle aviorp!! I simply love your ride. Looks of your Scorpio are fantastic.
Interiors look very classy and clean. I am sure you are having the time of your life driving it around. Scorpio is my dream and one day I too shall get my hands on one!
Somehow looking at the interiors of your Scorpio, I suddenly felt like going for a super long drive in it. It looks so cosy and comfortable.
Wishing you all the best and millions of miles of happy and safe motoring.
Cheers!
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Thanks Avinash! This feedback certainly helps!
My pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janjua View Post
Balle balle aviorp!! I simply love your ride. Looks of your Scorpio are fantastic.
Interiors look very classy and clean. I am sure you are having the time of your life driving it around. Scorpio is my dream and one day I too shall get my hands on one!
Somehow looking at the interiors of your Scorpio, I suddenly felt like going for a super long drive in it. It looks so cosy and comfortable.
Wishing you all the best and millions of miles of happy and safe motoring.
Cheers!
Thanks a lot Janjua. You bet, I'm enjoying every bit of it. Hope to see you soon, in the Scorpio owner's club. May be, I'll meet you in Chandigarh sometime, when I drive down to your beautiful city .
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:21   #56
BANNED

I have a suggestion for you. Change the centre dashboard A/C vents to the ones from the latest models. It costs you around 700.00INR for both the vents and greatly improves the direction of the air flow. I have done it and it is a snap on which takes less than 15 mins to install.
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Its been a sheer pleasure driving this fellow and this is what I do maintain him

Have checked it thrice, 12.28, 12.48 and 12.33 (City driving). On an average he drinks 12.3 kmpl.

Some pictures, from different places, where he has left his trails.

Attachment 505508

Attachment 505509

Attachment 505514

Cheers
Avinash
The pics looks great. Where is this lake?
Old 24th February 2011, 08:16   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have a suggestion for you. Change the centre dashboard A/C vents to the ones from the latest models. It costs you around 700.00INR for both the vents and greatly improves the direction of the air flow. I have done it and it is a snap on which takes less than 15 mins to install.
Thanks n.devdath. Yeah, I noticed the difference in the vents, on the refreshed Scorpio. Will surely check, when I visit the workshop, next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
The pics looks great. Where is this lake?
Thanks sumannandy. It was near Sagar, on the way to Jog falls.
Old 28th February 2011, 12:42   #59
BHPian

@aviorp, you are one lucky guy, I am jealous. But I am happy too, make the most of the hulk, I am sure your driving experience has changed to a world of difference. You must be more driver happy exploring new places and even the old must have a different feel to it. I can understand what a grin you must have every time you go on a pleasure trip exploring, a world of difference when compared to your Accent days.
Old 1st March 2011, 07:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
@aviorp, you are one lucky guy, I am jealous. But I am happy too, make the most of the hulk, I am sure your driving experience has changed to a world of difference. You must be more driver happy exploring new places and even the old must have a different feel to it. I can understand what a grin you must have every time you go on a pleasure trip exploring, a world of difference when compared to your Accent days.
Thanks zulfi hansi. You're absolutely right. It sure is a pleasure driving him around and my dream is to drive to Leh, as every other Scorper . Yes, the driving experience has certainly changed and this only tempts me to drive more and more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks