Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2006, 11:21   #31
BHPian

Hey i would suggest go for the Skoda Laura instead of a CRV.
Old 24th March 2006, 14:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

24k km a year is based on the input that he drives 60-70km a day.
Some days there will be no drive and some days there will be long drive, so it averages out you see...
Old 9th May 2006, 13:29   #33
BHPian

well well,, the options u can have are obviously the Laura and the Tucson., and i happen to have the both with me now.

Before taking the Tucson i did a thorough research in comparision to the CRV, and found that the Tucson is comparitively very good compared to the CR-V, and have gone for it.

While taking the Laura, well its for my dad so we wanted a sedan in particular and not an SUV. even if i had compared it with the CR-v , any day any night, the LAURA is far far far better than the CRV, when it comes to a sedan.,(space vise obviously CRV wud be better). The DSG gear box is outtadaworld! . with Automatic, i am getting around 9.5 to 10kmpl in city! with awesome pickup that cud beat the petrol crv too for an instance!
Maintenance vise..well, headlights r too freakin expensive! outrageously expensive shud i say. but then, other parts arnt that expensive. like the Breaklight i got replaced was for around Rs.4,100/- and the Side mirror complete set is around rs.8-9,000/- which is common for a car of that segment.(unless its a Hyundai!)

The features are endless, while the CRV lacks the features. it has only the basic standard features that come in a car of this segment. while the Laura has features much above a car of its segment.

its up to u to decide what kinda car u lookin at...SUV or a SEDAN. both are entirely different. second both engines are entirely different. do u want a DIESEL or PETROL.
Old 10th May 2006, 23:27   #34
BHPian

laura has got oodles of creature comforts ... don't be detered by the 'chauffer' car image ... the laura is probably as fantastic a car to drive as the crv ... fuel savings itself should negate the 'high maintanence' in comparo with the crv in the long run.

and ... there is no question about honda reliability when at the end of the day ... the odo shows less than 1.5 lac km

CHeers !
Old 11th May 2006, 10:10   #35
BHPian

its comparing apple to bananas. one is a saloon as the other is supposedly an SUV. just choose if u want to drive sitting or lying down.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
its comparing apple to bananas. one is a saloon as the other is supposedly an SUV. just choose if u want to drive sitting or lying down.

Egg Jhaktly! my point!
Old 18th May 2006, 10:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
CRV is a fuel guzzler - you will get <6 km/ltr of petrol... that is about Rs.8.3 per km just on fuel.

In Laura you will easily get 13km/ltr of diesel.. that is about Rs. 2.7 per km on fuel.
Difference of Rs. 5.65 per km.

If you do 60-70 km a day, that is about 2000 km a month & 24k km a year.
Simple Fuel saving in a year = Rs. 1.35 lakhs per year

3 year savings = 4 lakhs just on fuel + saving on depreciation as compared to the CRV

Please note: Honda is going to launch an upgraded CRV, which will further increase your depreciation...
real good calcualtions cheers.
Old 23rd May 2006, 01:53   #38
BHPian

well yes anyday laura .if u want an suv then tuscon
Old 23rd May 2006, 08:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be the Laura. Your 70 knm per day is quite a bit and your route seems to say traffic jams! The Laura would probably be easier to maneuver and the airconditioning is better. Lets not forget the FE either. Your running cost of the Laura should be 1/3rd of the CRV.
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:47   #40
Team-BHP Support

Though CRVs are rare in India(comparitively) they are extremely popular here in San Jose, esp with the Indian and chinese community. Reasons which people gave me that Honda lasts forever and therefore has great resale. Infact in the resale market Toyota and Honda are trumping the Europeans with Volvo and Volkswagon losing market share!
Unless you drive more than 3000kms/month diesel wont make much of a difference due to high skoda maintainance costs.
But if you are talking about Tuscon, its a different ball game. Diesel, cheaper to maintain and will probably last as long as the CRV. Drawack is the Hyundai Brand name.
Old 25th May 2006, 15:31   #41
BHPian

i am here to confuse u more u can also go for skoda combi looks nice and have a bit of suv kind of feeling.
Old 25th May 2006, 15:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

whers the tbhpian who started this thread???
Old 3rd July 2006, 16:58   #43
BHPian

the only problem with laura is the name- likely to be mispronounced disastrously in the north & being based at delhi you should give that a serious thought
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I

The only real thing bad about the Laura is the price tag. WRT to the CRV, I can start an entirely new forum. Also, the all new CRV is expected for an international launch in 2007. The current gen has been around since 2001.

GTO
Hello GTO , u know that the laura we are having in India is only L&K version right ? The Manual Laura's Ex.shpwroom is around 16.5 lacs , and that of Ocktavia L&K manual is 14.7 lacs . I dont think 1.8 lacs for a car that is much more complete than latter is unjustified . Its definetely not a VFM but that term never makes much sense for cars above 10 lacs. About CRV , I totally agree with you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks