Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 11:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 750li Vs Range Rover Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Dont forget to check out the A8 L 4.2 V8 TDI, coming soon.

Wholeheartedly agree. I don't know how on earth i missed out on this 1.
Please please TD this monster if you can.
350bhp seems enough doesn't it ? Well its crap!
Crap when you account this - 800 BALLISTIC NEWTON METERS !!!
Past the ton in 5.4seconds. IMHO the best A8 to buy in India.
The s8 and w12 are a lot more expensive and again, premium petrol remains a headache in our lands.
It will be unbelievable to say the least, to experience what this torque factory is capable of. But yes, you might have to wait a bit to actually TD or own this variant as i dont think they have ready TD cars available and not even sure if deliveries have started.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 8th November 2011 at 11:11.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:20   #32
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Would say

1) Vogue or X6
2) 730d or A8L 4.2 TDI

Why X6 - Great Interiors, Absurdity and uniqueness of the proposition, great looks - Best Beemer anyone, - Best of both worlds SUV & Sedan. Good Seating position compared to 7 Series and A8. And If you like Beemers more than the Audi's then X6 ticks all boxes. Also if you will not do any serious offroading and only imposing presence and style is required one can't beat the X6.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 12:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

I would choose the Vogue. You already have a couple of sedans in the garage. An SUV will complete it. or as ACM said, an X6. But an RR feels more special anyday.
Old 8th November 2011, 13:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Late to reply but here's my take,

1. Avoid the RR as it gets a whole new model in the year 2012, and not only will it be superior but also lose a lot of weight etc. which will make the over all dynamics a lot better, also considering you will keep the car for long, the current car will really look outdated once the new car comes in, and that holds true for almost all cars now, and besides looks a lot of improvements come in other forms also including build quality etc. and do remember the current Range Rover came out in early 2000's forgot the exact year but I remember seeing Tony Blair doing the launch of some sort.

2. Avoid the 750 The engine feels a little sluggish now and it desperately needs the new 8 Speed transmission which will be out next year with the facelift, We have one in the family (My Coz Sisters father in law) and while the car is superb, the engine needs an update or maybe the transmission itself can do the trick, it just does not feel as responsive as the new S500's 4.7 Engine which won the tests even compared to the new Audi 4.0. (But I love the A8's interior esp. the Seats)

Considering you are going to self drive, why not consider the finest of the lot? The new BMW F10 M5! It will be the best thing ever on 4 wheels, and you can quietly place your order with BMW India and have your delivery by launch here? It is an absolutely amazing car, it will leave you with little to desire and there perhaps will be nothing you will miss with that car, and I can assure you there will be times you might even put a few sports cars to shame, best is it will be around 97 - 1.05 Cr. Ex-Showroom and of course expect BMW India to add a few things as standard and their wonderful after sales support!

E63AMG is nice, and the Indian package @ 98 Lacs includes every option as standard, but I personally do NOT like the E-Class, but it is a brilliant product and is the lightest in it's class of cars. And with AMG the interior gets a huge uplift, and like I said the best is every option in the German Market is standard for Indian car.

Avoid CLS, I was not so impressed with it's Indian package where the Alloys resemble the BMW 3 Corp. Edition. And soon in few months you will have the CDI which is a better product overall and has some 600+ Nm of torque.

Keeping my list short for you, get the M5!

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Let's rewind the clocks back a year. We already owned an '07 C-Class and an '09 BMW 3er. ..........

.......... I know that the 750li is slightly more expensive than the Rangie, but that is not a concern.

So brothers, help me decide?
Old 8th November 2011, 16:24   #35
BHPian

Great thread. According to me the best SUV's out there are:

1) Range Rover Vogue: super luxurious and go anywhere ability.

2) Toyota Landcruiser LC200: Big, luxurious, comfortable go anywhere ability and will outlast any car discussed on this thread!

3) Porsche Cayenne S: one of the fastest go anywhere car and should be loads of fun to drive too! Its what dreams are made of... Fast, luxurious, sports saloon like handling yet go anywhere ability!

All the cars are equally prestigious and great.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post

Considering you are going to self drive, why not consider the finest of the lot? The new BMW F10 M5! It will be the best thing ever on 4 wheels, and you can quietly place your order with BMW India and have your delivery by launch here? It is an absolutely amazing car, it will leave you with little to desire and there perhaps will be nothing you will miss with that car, and I can assure you there will be times you might even put a few sports cars to shame, best is it will be around 97 - 1.05 Cr. Ex-Showroom and of course expect BMW India to add a few things as standard and their wonderful after sales support!

Keeping my list short for you, get the M5!

Regards,
Now this is a great advise sirjee if the prices are correct. It just blows away all other car's from OP's list.
Old 9th November 2011, 20:25   #37
BHPian

Ok the decision is almost made. Not going for the Range Rover since it is due for a new gen model soon.

Will be test driving the 730Ld and 750Li within the coming weeks, and taking a call. The decision between the two models might even come down on availability and delivery times. I want the deliver in about a month or two at most after delivery so will have to check with the dealership.

Thanks all of you guys for helping with the decision
Old 10th November 2011, 12:42   #38
BHPian

Saarth,

Why don't you test drive Touareg 3 L TDI before you book any other car? It may not have the badge value of LL or BMW, however, its a very capable SUV with the 'right' size. Its not too big, not too small.

Good things about Touareg,

1. Good off-road capabilities
2. Maintenance will be easier/cheaper ( with more VW dealers around)
3. Diesel economy
4. Not very big
5. Rare in India

cons,

Low re-sale value
brand value is relatively compromised
Old 10th November 2011, 18:56   #39

Why Cant you try the new Evoque...it is smaller than the Vogue...stylish & a real head turner... It is launched in India couple of days before.
Old 10th November 2011, 19:26   #40
BHPian

I might be stupid to suggest this but how about a Porsche Cayenne S? Many have suggested same too.

A Range Rover and a BMW doesn't turn my head as much as a Porsche does. I am sure that Cayenne, being a Porsche will be more fun to drive than the boxy Vogue. No idea about its driving in comparision to the 7 Series limo though.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 10th November 2011 at 19:48.
Old 10th November 2011, 19:29   #41
BHPian

Well i would say go for:
1. Range rover if you want luxury and off-roading capability
2. Jag if you want beauty and luxury
3. M5 if you want pure fun

Personally i would go for the Jag
Old 10th November 2011, 22:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Personally with your kind of budget I would go for the Mercedes G Wagen, the 500 AMG beats most of the sports cars in acceleration and it is the ultimate off-roader to boot.
Old 11th November 2011, 01:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Ok the decision is almost made. Not going for the Range Rover since it is due for a new gen model soon.

Will be test driving the 730Ld and 750Li within the coming weeks, and taking a call. The decision between the two models might even come down on availability and delivery times. I want the deliver in about a month or two at most after delivery so will have to check with the dealership.

Thanks all of you guys for helping with the decision

Yet again the OP does not choose the car that is popular among everyone else who have advised here , guess it's the norm I believe.

I did the same too when I asked for an advise, so no complaints. In the end it's what fits your lifestyle better.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:09   #44
BHPian

If I were you, I would stay away from the 7; especially when you are going to drive it yourself. Personally speaking, the 7 lacks the character you need for a self-driven sedan.

Are you open for trying RS 5? That is one hot ride!!
Old 11th November 2011, 12:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
BMW 640d/650i - A practical convertible. Thats what the 6 is, you get to choose between a 300 bhp diesel or a 400bhp petrol. Enough of clearance and a good ride and of course an open roof when you want. With the 640d you will have some spare change, get a Superb V6
I totally second this suggestion. The petrol of course.
You should at the very least give it a test drive. The fun of driving a coupe, especially the 6 series is something else. All the amazing technology of a BMW, and the handling of a go-kart, with a beast of a V8 under the hood (for an indication, check out the driver seat position in the attachment).
And of course these are still rare on Mumbai roads. As much as I love the 7 series there's just way too many floating around. Four Seasons uses a fleet of them for their taxi-cabs FFS!

So yeah, my suggestion/"vote" is for the all new 650i.
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 750li Vs Range Rover Vogue-2012_6seriescoupe_frontside.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks