Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 16:45   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Nope. Only those three.
The car is looking great, congrats. What was the final OTR?

Btw the ML is also offered in brown, which I like quite a lot actually.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 16:59   #62
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The car is looking great, congrats. What was the final OTR?

Btw the ML is also offered in brown, which I like quite a lot actually.
Never knew about the brown color. In fact this week 3 ML's arrived to BLR of which two were white and one black.

73 OTR BLR, no discounts as these guys do not have these models in stock. Bro went for a lucky number so another 75K for that.

We are looking to get a small fridge, the MB has one costing around 40K, worth it?
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 17:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Never knew about the brown color. In fact this week 3 ML's arrived to BLR of which two were white and one black.

73 OTR BLR, no discounts as these guys do not have these models in stock. Bro went for a lucky number so another 75K for that.

We are looking to get a small fridge, the MB has one costing around 40K, worth it?
Brown wouldn't be that popular, but the brochure does have it and I've seen a few around. Do post some detailed pics when you get a chance.

Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk...box_36035.html

In that case 40k is a ripoff.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 17:32   #64
BHPian

Congratulations RBP, the ML 350 looks great in white. Overall, I think it is a much superior package over the Q7, so a great decision there.

Post some more pictures please!

Quote:
Brown wouldn't be that popular, but the brochure does have it and I've seen a few around.
Akshay, it actually seems to be a pretty popular color in town. Besides spotting a few on the road already, I've also seen one on display at MB's Andheri dealership. As a matter of fact, we have a recently purchased one in our office too though this one isn't registered in MH!

It certainly is a very popular choice with the E class buyers - maybe it is rubbing off on the ML as well!

Last edited by Omtoatom : 24th December 2012 at 17:40.
Old 24th December 2012, 18:22   #65
BHPian

Congratulations on your final decision rpb! The ML is now a well rounded package and a wonderful buy. As I said heart v/s mind, glad to see you stretched your brothers budget for the 350. Enjoy the beast, looking forward to an ownership report

Get an aftermarket solution to the mini-fridge. As akshay said 40k is really a rip-off.

Regards,
Old 26th December 2012, 10:13   #66
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Brown wouldn't be that popular, but the brochure does have it and I've seen a few around. Do post some detailed pics when you get a chance.

Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk...box_36035.html

In that case 40k is a ripoff.
I haven't actually seen it, but I guess this is the one. Any pointers to any other ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Congratulations RBP, the ML 350 looks great in white. Overall, I think it is a much superior package over the Q7, so a great decision there.

Post some more pictures please!

Akshay, it actually seems to be a pretty popular color in town. Besides spotting a few on the road already, I've also seen one on display at MB's Andheri dealership. As a matter of fact, we have a recently purchased one in our office too though this one isn't registered in MH!

It certainly is a very popular choice with the E class buyers - maybe it is rubbing off on the ML as well!
We will be taking delivery this coming Friday, then u guys should see tons of photos here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Congratulations on your final decision rpb! The ML is now a well rounded package and a wonderful buy. As I said heart v/s mind, glad to see you stretched your brothers budget for the 350. Enjoy the beast, looking forward to an ownership report

Get an aftermarket solution to the mini-fridge. As akshay said 40k is really a rip-off.

Regards,
The first time I heard the ML 350 started, I was floored, I just could not believe that a diesel could be so refined, I was under the impression that all V6 diesels are like this, but when I heard the Audi Q7 V6, I realized I was wrong, the Q7 had the usual diesel clatter and sitting inside you can easily hear the diesel clatter. The interiors too were shockingly poor in the Q7.

As for ownership report, It would be unfair for me to do an ownership report as my brother is the actual owner, I will continue posting photos and some small reports from my side.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:35   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I haven't actually seen it, but I guess this is the one. Any pointers to any other ones?
Buy it from abroad, its only 200 quid on that side.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
The first time I heard the ML 350 started, I was floored, I just could not believe that a diesel could be so refined
Absolutely right. The first thing that had struck me about the ML 350 in our office too was its refinement. No wonder very few unwanted noises seem to find their way into the cabin. Seems to be a beautiful oil-burner from MB, this one.

Quote:
As for ownership report, It would be unfair for me to do an ownership report as my brother is the actual owner, I will continue posting photos and some small reports from my side.
Or you could always play the responsible journalist here and ensure the general public (like us) is updated with true reports and facts.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:13   #69
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Absolutely right. The first thing that had struck me about the ML 350 in our office too was its refinement. No wonder very few unwanted noises seem to find their way into the cabin. Seems to be a beautiful oil-burner from MB, this one.

Or you could always play the responsible journalist here and ensure the general public (like us) is updated with true reports and facts.
I will definitely do that for the benefit of other future buyers .
Old 31st December 2012, 23:46   #70
rbp
BHPian

Finally we took her home last Friday, the Sales person Santosh, had a nice surprise for us, we had to unveil the car and who better than Mom & Dad to do the honors, what a proud moment for the entire family, never in the wildest of my dreams had I ever dreamt of a MB in my family, was a nice evening and special thanks to Santosh Kumar for making the day special for all of us.

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9694_1.jpg

My parents and brother in white shirt, the other person is my bro's business partner.

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9697.jpg

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9698.jpg

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9703.jpg

Mercedes ML350 or Audi Q5 V6-dsc_9704.jpg
rbp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:33   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car buddy.

Got to see the ML 350 in person. Looks superb in white and love the interior lighting theme. I hope Raghu now posts the interior pics as well.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 16:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 3 pointed star! You have made the right choice by going for the ML. Its the best car in the segment. It looks imposing in white. Please post some interior pics too.

Which is that white sedan on the right side, Is it the new FL-ed E-Class?

Last edited by Anand123 : 10th January 2013 at 16:26.
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 17:55   #73
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post

Which is that white sedan on the right side, Is it the new FL-ed E-Class?
I guess, it was the C-Class.
Old 18th January 2013, 16:13   #74
BHPian

Hi rbp! Really good read on the whole decision process! Glad you went ahead with the ML 350 than the Q5.

Any chance of posting some interior pics? Also it would be really great if you could throw in your comments from the initial days. Cheers!
Columbus_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 19:03   #75
BHPian

So how is your car treating you? Any problems with the car ?
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks