Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Mercedes E-Class 149 33.18%
BMW 5-Series 174 38.75%
Audi A6 19 4.23%
Volvo S90 86 19.15%
Lexus ES 21 4.68%
Voters: 449. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2017, 19:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Mercedes E-Class vs BMW 5-Series vs Audi A6 vs Volvo S90 vs Lexus ES

I read somewhere,

To own - Audi
To drive - BMW
To arrive in - Mercedes

My personal vote would be the 5 Series, but most people who buy into this segment, the rear seat comfort is what it's all about.
Biohazard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 21:53   #32
BHPian

+1 to that^^
I'd buy the Audi since it's probably second most reliable to the Lexus(I've seen Lexus's go 200K+ miles with no major issues), they're fun to drive and look great.
I'd lease or rent a BMW. Not the most reliable cars around, so I wouldn't own one.
I'd probably be driven around in a Merc, but I hate being in the back seat. No one sits behind the wheel of my car, and if I'm paying big bucks for a car, I'd drive it myself.
The ES 300 is a really good car, but it's not really sporty. I believe the India bound version is softened up even more. That's a huge plus for Indian driving conditions. My favorite Lexus to buy would be the LS 200, one step down from the ES but a cracker to drive.
Old 14th April 2017, 22:35   #33
BHPian

Wondering why isn't the XF mentioned here that too knowing the fact it is an enthusiasts forum and XF has the most bonkers (in segment) "Petrol" engine on offer and not to mention the best handler and best looking of the lot. My vote would be XF after owning several bimmers including last gen 5 series others being F30 3er, new X1, 740Li. New Jag XF handles like nothing else in it's segment. Strongly eyeing one as well let's see if god permits
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 08:07   #34
BHPian

My vote goes to the E-Class.
Mercedes has really changed the game in the last few years. Their new design look stunning and interiors are awesome as well.

I also like the S90 - the interiors of this car feels like a you are in a luxury yacht.

Last edited by greatpower : 15th April 2017 at 08:14.
Old 15th April 2017, 11:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
I read somewhere,

To own - Audi
To drive - BMW
To arrive in - Mercedes

My personal vote would be the 5 Series, but most people who buy into this segment, the rear seat comfort is what it's all about.
I am wondering where the world places the Jaguar.....what is its USP ?
Old 15th April 2017, 15:20   #36
BHPian

I had been waiting for the G30 for long time. Booked the 530i M last month after many test drives of 530i & the 540i at Abu Dhabi Motors. Improved in every single area over the F10, this bimmer truly retains the Ultimate Driving Machine tag.

I feel that 5 series would always stay as the benchmark car in the mid-size saloon segment. I'm not at all surprised to see the result of this poll even with the 7 year old F10.

Read a few stories of XF being the best handler, but it just doesn't feel premium enough.
The E-class looks good but doesn't hold any new-car charm due to the design it shares with its siblings.
A6 is so obsolete.

And yes, I voted for the 5 series.
Old 15th April 2017, 16:08   #37
BHPian

Voted for the E- Class.
New age Mercedes cars are a game changer on their own. The gizmos and the tech they are providing are making them more and more popular with the people of all generations.
There is no comparison to the luxury of arriving, sitting in the backseat of a Mercedes.

I am also noticing the trends are going in favor of the E-Class after good initial lead by the BMW in this poll.
Old 15th April 2017, 16:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

I voted for the Lexus ES300H.

For sheer good looks - S.90 and BMW.5 in that order
For interior class - E-class LWB, ES300 in that order
For reliability and decent ASS & peace of mind - Lexus and S.90 in that order
For vroom vroom - BMW.5, Audi.6 in that order
To be seen arriving in - E-Class, Lexus
For opulence - E-Class LWB, Lexus
To make you wonder what was the external body designer smoking - Lexus all the way!!

Last edited by V.Narayan : 15th April 2017 at 16:14.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 12:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
I voted for the 5 series too and wondered the same. The Jaguar XF is quite under rated in my opinion. It is a wonderful car and one of the most beautiful designs.

Coming back to the 5 series, although it got softer with time, it is still one of the best cars to drive. The whole driving experience in the 5 was enough for me to choose this over the others.
Agreed the XF is one of the most beautiful cars designed especially the R-Sport version. Also Jaguar has some of the best stock wheel choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I have voted for the 5-series simply because for me there is nothing greater than the control I feel while driving a BMW. It's a brand which actually connects man amd machine to give a proper integrated driving experience.
Perfectly described! The Jag just lags a little in the feel of control you have over the car when compared to the BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Wondering why isn't the XF mentioned here that too knowing the fact it is an enthusiasts forum and XF has the most bonkers (in segment) "Petrol" engine on offer and not to mention the best handler and best looking of the lot. My vote would be XF after owning several bimmers including last gen 5 series others being F30 3er, new X1, 740Li. New Jag XF handles like nothing else in it's segment. Strongly eyeing one as well let's see if god permits
Picked up a Jag XF 35T back in July because my wife wanted a new car. We both love driving and appreciate a well handling car. Before deciding on Jaguar we looked at A7 first as she was driving an A6 for years. We liked the car but there was no driver-machine connect like the Bimmer had. I drive 750LI and I've owned E34, E92, E65, and couple E38's before the F02 so i was trying to convince her on a used F10. My wife felt it's a lot like my car and also there are not a lot of Jag's around where I live so she decided on the Jaguar. Driving wise it's an absolute pleasure and it has one of the best Dynamic/sport mode programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
I had been waiting for the G30 for long time. Booked the 530i M last month after many test drives of 530i & the 540i at Abu Dhabi Motors. Improved in every single area over the F10, this bimmer truly retains the Ultimate Driving Machine tag.

I feel that 5 series would always stay as the benchmark car in the mid-size saloon segment. I'm not at all surprised to see the result of this poll even with the 7 year old F10.

Read a few stories of XF being the best handler, but it just doesn't feel premium enough.
The E-class looks good but doesn't hold any new-car charm due to the design it shares with its siblings.
A6 is so obsolete.

And yes, I voted for the 5 series.
Good to know the G30 lives up to the BMW tag .

The Jaguar definitely feels less luxury than a BMW or Audi. It's more towards the sporty side than luxury I would say. The car's infotainment system has some glitches and the GPS software forgets our Home sometimes We feel the rear seat is not that comfortable as well. The XF's cargo space is huge.
navin_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks