Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2018, 15:24   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 330i vs Mercedes C43 AMG vs BMW 530i vs something else?

Before you plonk your money on the C43, I would strongly suggest you check out the Volvo S60 Polestar.

You may get one for a heavy discount if you haggle. Power and performance (straight line) is on par, if not better than the C43. Plus, I think it looks and sounds really good for a 4 cylinder car.

Only drawback I see is Volvo's thin service network and the fact that the S60 has been around for a while.

Of course, it will be about 30 lakhs cheaper than the C43. Maybe you could buy a Polo GTI with the change.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 16:59   #32
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blore_boy View Post
Thanks a lot man!! Can't wait to get my hands on the beast
Also, I wanted to ask you how easy is it to use the CLA45 as a daily driver?
When I asked the folks at AMG about the CLA45, they immediately discouraged me from even thinking about it, telling me that it is simply too much for daily driving, not to mention the even lower ground clearance and tighter suspension.
It's pretty easy to daily the cla45 while you do have to take care on bad sections of the roads. Ground Clearance is bit of an issue though it clears the worst ones with ease if one knows how to tackle them properly.

To be honest, they're right about the stiff suspension and slightly harsher ride on bad roads. Though It's more to do with the sports recaro seats rather than the stiff suspension setup. Those seats are low on cushioning which is why one feels the bumps more than on the c43 or even c63. Also, the c43 is really an AMG kitted and badged C400/300 so all the AMG hand built engine, suspension bits etc aren't part of the upgrades from AMG factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Before you plonk your money on the C43, I would strongly suggest you check out the Volvo S60 Polestar. You may get one for a heavy discount if you haggle.
If you can find the s60 polestar like suhaas has suggested here then you could save almost 25-30 lakhs and have similar if not same amount of fun as the c43 and the lot. These are being moved with very heavy discounts lately.
VSD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 22:27   #33

Quote:
Before you plonk your money on the C43, I would strongly suggest you check out the Volvo S60 Polestar.
A really low price shouldn't be the only motivation to make a purchase, you should think of the consequences of spending on such a vehicle. There is a reason why they are offering it for this price.

Not only do I not trust the Volvo service and support, this car is the last performance car that will be produced by Volvo, they are going the way of hybrids and electric. And for performance cars such as this, after sales support is extremely important and I sincerely doubt this car will get any down the line, seeing as how the parent company is abandoning the platform.

Not to mention the extremely dated electronics and tech in this car. Also, the depreciation for performance cars are gut wrenching, I can only imagine what would happen to this car eventually.
blore_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 17:09   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A really low price shouldn't be the only motivation to make a purchase, you should think of the consequences of spending on such a vehicle. There is a reason why they are offering it for this price.
Well, certainly it was worth suggesting it, seeing that it's a whopping 30 lakhs cheaper.

Quote:
Not only do I not trust the Volvo service and support, this car is the last performance car that will be produced by Volvo, they are going the way of hybrids and electric. And for performance cars such as this, after sales support is extremely important and I sincerely doubt this car will get any down the line, seeing as how the parent company is abandoning the platform.
Volvo is going to be aggressive in its approach and will definitely look to widen its network. I did mention that the downside of owning a Volvo is its thin network.

The fact that it's the last car from their erstwhile performance division should be motivation to get a slice of it, you know.. just for the taste.

Quote:
Not to mention the extremely dated electronics and tech in this car. Also, the depreciation for performance cars are gut wrenching, I can only imagine what would happen to this car eventually.
Fair point. The tech is old and so are the electronics, in spite of the updates - and especially after you compare it to the likes of the C and such cars.

Depreciation is something that will effect the C43 just as hard as any performance car, leave alone the S60 Polestar. Your depreciation hit will however be less hard for a car that costs 50 lakhs, as opposed to a car that costs 80.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 19:01   #35

Quote:
Well, certainly it was worth suggesting it, seeing that it's a whopping 30 lakhs cheaper.

Volvo is going to be aggressive in its approach and will definitely look to widen its network. I did mention that the downside of owning a Volvo is its thin network.

The fact that it's the last car from their erstwhile performance division should be motivation to get a slice of it, you know.. just for the taste.

Fair point. The tech is old and so are the electronics, in spite of the updates - and especially after you compare it to the likes of the C and such cars.

Depreciation is something that will effect the C43 just as hard as any performance car, leave alone the S60 Polestar. Your depreciation hit will however be less hard for a car that costs 50 lakhs, as opposed to a car that costs 80.
Not my cup of tea bro, don't want to take the risk.
The only way I would buy this is if I have a fleet of supercars and I just want to add a piece of Volvo racing history to my collection

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion
blore_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 12:02   #36
GT3
BHPian

Here are two comparisons from Autocar India that might be of help to you. Though these Indian reviews are not well presented as like some UK and USA reviews they give you an Indian context, which I feel every buyer needs to consider.

S60 Polestar vs AMG C43

S5 vs AMG C43
GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 18:57   #37
Senior - BHPian

Why not a GLA45 AMG, unless you are looking specifically for sedan. It should be a perfect city and long distance car, and the facelift has already come in recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks