Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 14:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Choosing a car for a flickering mind | M340i vs S5 vs 530d vs GLC43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvk1991 View Post
Thank you, I have been thinking about this for a long time. Your words have given me additional confidence.

Will check with my Service Advisor and get back to you if needed.

Any idea how much raise we can expect, I am looking for 12mm-15mm raise. I was also considering 235/45/18 tires upgrade from 235/40/18, this will increase my height to 11.75mm.
I’m not sure of how much of a raise it delivers man. My understanding was it stiffens things up a bit and that fixes things.

My friend usually complains about bottoming out his car 2-3 times on his way to work. Since he did this, he claims it doesn’t bottom out anymore on his usual route. A bit unbelievable, but if it works, it works!
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 13:01   #47
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316kmph View Post
In Bangalore, avoid the Audi S5 or any low slung car for that matter. My daily driver in Chennai was a nightmare to drive in Bangalore. I took it there for a few days last year and it scrapped every other speed bump despite careful driving. In chennai it’s only one in every 8-10 speed bumps and if you can plan your routes, you can get away with fewer than 1 or 2 scrapes a week. This is impossible in Bangalore. While I may not know the routes like I know in Chennai, I visit often enough to not completely rely on Google maps. I have since never taken any low riding car to the garden city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
Thanks! I concur with the statement above that in Bangalore, things seem to be more tricky. I never really had issues with ground clearance, ofcourse you have to take the car oblique on most of the speed breakers but with that I was able to manage even some of the monstrous ones on the service roads of Blr - Mysore patch.
But recently did a trip with 4 people to Mahabalipuram from Bangalore and the car scraped multiple times even before exiting Bangalore. So my reading is probably its more manageable when not fully loaded and you would have to carefully plan your trips within Bangalore at least. But other than that, its absolutely amazing for long trips (and based on my 3-4 test drives of M340i, a lot more comfortable too).
Thank you.
I test drove both the 340i and S5 again. Tried a few patchy roads and speed breakers. It'll only be 2 of us, max 3 in this car. Both did well but I totally understand what they may go through with a full load. I'll be using my other cars for the family errands. Leaning towards the S5 for now considering the overall experience so far. Will keep you posted. Thanks again!
JVH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 11:32   #48
BHPian

Based on my experiences so far, wrote up a small comparison between S5 and the 340i here (Hyderabad to Mahabalipuram in an Audi S5)
animeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 19:23   #49
BHPian

Dear S5 owners- does the variant you picked up come with adaptive suspension or does it need to be optioned ? In the used market what should I look out for when testing one ?
Old 4th February 2024, 22:09   #50
BHPian

The pre facelift models had an option for adaptive dampers, but the standard suspension works like a charm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Dear S5 owners- does the variant you picked up come with adaptive suspension or does it need to be optioned ? In the used market what should I look out for when testing one ?
316kmph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 12:53   #51
BHPian

S5 owners where are you getting OE 255/35/r19 tires?
Not getting any options except for the P Zeros which don't have many good reviews globally especially life.
Any leads will be appreciated.
Old 18th April 2024, 13:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
S5 owners where are you getting OE 255/35/r19 tires?

Any leads will be appreciated.
Not an S5 Owner, but usually Karan Chandok helps me with all tyre related issues. He's been sourcing multiple hard to find tyres for the family. He's based in Delhi.

Karan Chandok
+91 99710 99239

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks