Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 00:12   #61
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-cobra View Post
I just bought a 530i Msport and wanted to share my experience. I was oscillating between the 530i Msport and the X3 Sport. The A6 and GLC were swiftly ruled out after test drives. The X3 is a shockingly good drivers’ car. Its very comfortable, powerful and has a sedan-like drive. Ultimately it couldn’t compete with the 5 series in terms of comfort and dynamics. The 530i was addictive in a way that the X3 wasn’t. So, if you want a truer BMW driving experience get the 5.
Congratulations on your new ride .
What kind of discount you are offered with and did you get 360 cam and gestures control?

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th February 2022 at 06:30. Reason: Maximum 2 smileys per post please.
Old 13th February 2022, 10:56   #62
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuTorqueRider View Post
Congratulations on your new ride .
What kind of discount you are offered with and did you get 360 cam and gestures control?
Mine was a 2021 manufactured mode so the discount was around 3.5L. It has the 360 camera and gesture control (which I’ve permanently turned off). I don’t think they have omitted these features in the 2022 manufactured 530i.
ac-cobra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 19:56   #63
BHPian

Guys Its X3......after so many iterations, tensions, thinking went for it.

we got 2 vehicles so am attaching both for references. 1. Tata safari 2. BMW Sportplus

Initial images.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.33-pm.jpeg  

Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.34-pm.jpeg  

Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.36-pm-1.jpeg  

kdeepakk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 23:30   #64
BHPian

After going through many posts and threads on the 6 cylinder monsters 40I and 30D engines. I am thinking will it be good to consider X4 30d as my option.
My initial idea was to buy a 530i or 330i and then buy a compact SUV within a budget of 20 Lakh. While deciding the future rides never thought about the burden of maintaining 3 cars (Including the current one). I am the only person who knows to drive a car in my family it does not make sense to have 3 cars. Now I am thinking of buying a single car with 6 cylinders that can take me anywhere. The current x4 is the one that matches these criteria and I need to stretch an extra 9L in my budget. I am planning to keep the new car for at least a decade, does a diesel option makes a better one in this case?.
Another option suggested by my better half is to take a 340I and buy a compact SUV after a year or two. My parents won’t accompany us on many long-distance trips. Parents are happy to ride around the city and 100 to 200 km trips in our current I20. Whenever I think about 340I the only thing that dashes in my mind are Fuel efficiency. Can a 340I owner help with what is the worst FE that I can expect if I do a long spirited drive and what is the expected FE in non Spirited drive.
Old 20th March 2022, 10:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After going through many posts and threads on the 6 cylinder monsters 40I and 30D engines. I am thinking will it be good to consider X4 30d as my option.
My initial idea was to buy a 530i or 330i and then buy a compact SUV within a budget of 20 Lakh. While deciding the future rides never thought about the burden of maintaining 3 cars (Including the current one). I am the only person who knows to drive a car in my family it does not make sense to have 3 cars. Now I am thinking of buying a single car with 6 cylinders that can take me anywhere. The current x4 is the one that matches these criteria and I need to stretch an extra 9L in my budget. I am planning to keep the new car for at least a decade, does a diesel option makes a better one in this case?.
Another option suggested by my better half is to take a 340I and buy a compact SUV after a year or two. My parents won’t accompany us on many long-distance trips. Parents are happy to ride around the city and 100 to 200 km trips in our current I20. Whenever I think about 340I the only thing that dashes in my mind are Fuel efficiency. Can a 340I owner help with what is the worst FE that I can expect if I do a long spirited drive and what is the expected FE in non Spirited drive.
You should get the X4 30d, you needn't worry about the resale or legislation as after a decade, you'll be looking at a whole different world then. The 30d is already in multiple products and the dealership would be much more familiar with servicing it, the M 40i engine has about 150 installs so far.

The X4 will be better on bad roads and the approach angle makes driving less stressful and you'll be able to handle speed bumps without dreams.

Turbo petrol engines regardless of displacement, guzzle fuel, expect 4kmpl at full belt, they also require premium fuel to give you the headline BHP they advertise.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 10:59   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planning to keep the new car for at least a decade, does a diesel option makes a better one in this case?
Yes, but decide fast as most of the dealers have got only one or two units in 30-D and may have been booked already. There will be an increase again in April

Quote:
Another option suggested by my better half is to take a 340I and buy a compact SUV after a year or two. I think about 340I the only thing that dashes in my mind are Fuel efficiency.
You will enjoy M340i over the X4; that’s a given. I haven’t owned 340, but by my experience with others, including M5/ 740, my ballpark, lowest, will be around six km, and the best can be higher than 12 km. Owners of 340 can give you correct figures, though.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 18:47   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Whenever I think about 340I the only thing that dashes in my mind are Fuel efficiency. Can a 340I owner help with what is the worst FE that I can expect if I do a long spirited drive and what is the expected FE in non Spirited drive.
From what I have heard from a friend who drives a 340i, you can expect anywhere between 8 to 11 kpl during normal drives and as low as 5 to 6 during spirited drives.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 23:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of buying a single car with 6 cylinders that can take me anywhere…I am planning to keep the new car for at least a decade, does a diesel option makes a better one in this case?

Whenever I think about 340I the only thing that dashes in my mind are Fuel efficiency
While I won’t chime in on expected mileage figures for the 340i, I will say that the figures shared by graaja and turbanator seem to be accurate for sure.

IMO, if fuel efficiency is a concern as you’re saying, don’t get the 340i. It’ll only set you up for heartburn. Get the 30d for sure, it’ll be much more suited to your needs, either in the X4 or 530d avatar.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 15:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, but decide fast as most of the dealers have got only one or two units in 30-D and may have been booked already. There will be an increase again in April
I am planning to take delivery only by end of July or August as I am out of country and do not want to park the car idle until that time.

I also like to know does it makes sense in financial perspective to buy few months ahead to beat the upcoming price hike if any.

Have anyone negotiated BMW insurance successfully before? Is there any alternate Insurance that offers the same protection like the one offered by BMW with a less premium overhead. Currently I am being quoted Rs.3,95,000 for X4 30D .
Old 25th March 2022, 16:47   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I also like to know does it makes sense in financial perspective to buy few months ahead to beat the upcoming price hike if any.
Will depend on how are you paying, if on EMI, a 2-3% hike should not matter. If your own money, lying unutilised, can buy now. But, also factor in the 4-6 month warranty that you will lose without driving and also the headache of parking/ battery/ rat etc. I will advise you to buy it when you are going to use the car.

Quote:
Have anyone negotiated BMW insurance successfully before? Currently I am being quoted Rs.3,95,000 for X4 30D
Yes, we always buy our own from New India and the prices are very competitive. Try outside. Since there are no Discounts on the car, they cannot force you for any additional stuff.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th March 2022 at 16:48.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 18:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Currently I am being quoted Rs.3,95,000 for X4 30D .
This is a ridiculous quote. For reference, I got my new X3 30i insured from Bajaj Allianz for Rs 1.25L and that includes everything one can possibly get (zero-dep, return to invoice, engine protector, consumables etc etc) and this is on 0% NCB For X4 30d, it should be no more than 15-20% higher.
CosmicWizard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 11:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
T.. For reference, I got my new X3 30i insured from Bajaj Allianz for Rs 1.25L ....
When did you get this price. What extra does BMW Insurance offer for their higher premium. I got a quote of around 365000 for X3 now from them.
Old 26th March 2022, 14:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
When did you get this price. What extra does BMW Insurance offer for their higher premium. I got a quote of around 365000 for X3 now from them.
Did BMW have the features of the insurance they offer?. I tried to check new India assurance insurance quote online as suggested by Turbanator, with all kinds of add-on added for a idv value of 65 lakh on x4 30d they quoted less than 2 lakh which is 50% less than what BMW quotes .

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th March 2022 at 16:06. Reason: Typo
Old 26th March 2022, 23:18   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
I got this in Sep,2021
Old 27th March 2022, 10:29   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Have anyone negotiated BMW insurance successfully before? Is there any alternate Insurance that offers the same protection like the one offered by BMW with a less premium overhead. Currently I am being quoted Rs.3,95,000 for X4 30D .
This is an insane quote and this is where the dealer makes a killing in addition to the dealer margins on the ex-showroom. Unfortunately in TamilNadu, Kun has a monopoly and they force on road prices that are far higher than MH for instance through these additional charges.

The difference is quite obvious if you got a quote from a merc dealer under the new direct merc to customer way of sales.

Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-screenshot_20220327_100658.jpg

Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-screenshot_20220327_100721.jpg

You will see that discounts come off the ex-showroom base price (so further 15% less on lifetime road tax in TN) and the insurance for a GLC 220d 4 matic is only 1.4L for zero dep direct from Mercedes and there are no extra handling charges or extra for the 3rd year warranty and you get floor mats and flaps included.

I was also in the market recently and started with a 330i or x3 in mind but ended up with a GLA220d 4Matic from Titanium motors that was all the car I needed.

Good luck
clementj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks