Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW M5 Competition vs Mercedes-AMG E63S

Have you driven both?

The E63s even with air suspension is stiffer than the M5 Comp. Infact the LCI M5 comp is a bit more supple than the pre lci.

So if that is the only reason for consideration, I guess you can continue with your booking.
Akshay1234 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:14   #17
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the valuable feedbacks, I am getting a 2018 M5(not comp) as good as new only 10K KM done for 1.4cr, is it a wise buy instead of a new one?

@Sahil: Thanks for the honest feedback, but buying a car worth 2cr in India in itself cant be explained why, apart for being passionate or mad about something. I don't want to buy an electric car, I want to buy a V8. You rightly said the market is crazy right now, entry level 718 is expensive by 50 lakhs now.

@Akshay1234: I was not able to test drive any of the two cars. So no personal experience there.

Last edited by raz0r : 23rd May 2022 at 12:26.
raz0r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I am getting a 2018 M5(not comp) as good as new only 10K KM done for 1.4cr, is it a wise buy instead of a new one?
Quote:
My Booked M5 Comp:
Oh, you posted pictures of M5-C and now are asking about old?

Just for information, one of the examples, Punjab registered was sold few months back at around 1,10 Cr if I am not mistaken. That car had a lot of loadings and had ceramic brakes too. Someone in Delhi got it and probably now selling it as they deal in the old cars/ bikes.

1,4 Cr will be too much for that car or for that matter any M5- from 2018. This price is more for 2019/20 - M5-C.
Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
a 2018 M5(not comp) as good as new only 10K KM done for 1.4cr, is it a wise buy instead of a new one?

I would recommend you to go with a new car, the honeymoon phase (first 6-9 months) is really special time to be enjoyed with a new car. And when you are going for such a complex tech laden car, going used route can be a gamble. New car will bring peace of mind, warranty for 4-5 yrs.

You could consider Mercedes A45s, no it’s not a V8, half a Sec slower to 100. But it’s way cheaper and much much more practical. On the other hand it offers more than enough power you’ll ever need, it’s even faster than Audi RS5.

With the remaining money you could easily by a luxury SUV too maybe X3, X5 or a Velar to tackle daily drives in Bangalore.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Oh, you posted pictures of M5-C and now are asking about old?
@Turbanator Thanks for the estimates. This M5 I am talking about is a KA registered car 1st owner. I agree with you, just wanted to validate that I should rather get a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyadeeptsi View Post
I would recommend you to go with a new car, the honeymoon phase (first 6-9 months) is really special time to be enjoyed with a new car.
@divyadeeptsi: Thanks! We are on the same page.
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:12   #21
BHPian

@raz0r, are you not evaluating RS7? I always liked Audi’s understated and elegant simple lines.
mkc15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
@raz0r, are you not evaluating RS7? I always liked Audi’s understated and elegant simple lines.
Somehow I never liked Audi ever. I don't know must be a mental block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Correction, we do get EU spec but without OPF
Is this still the case, if I go for the new M5 Comp LCI I will get the pops and bangs?

Last edited by Sheel : 24th May 2022 at 09:06. Reason: Please edit or multi quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2022, 08:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New BMW M5 Competition launched in India at Rs 1.62 crore

Quote:
Guys I am very confused which one to buy, I booked an M5 competition but also like the AMG E63s.

My confusions are:

1. Ride quality AMG E63s is better
2. M5 Comp looks more sexy I don't like the AMG look from the front.

Please help me decide.
Don't buy either. No point spending so much money on AMG if you don't like it. I think getting an M5 after 530D doesn't justify the "upgrade" cost?

Since you said you would love a Porsche/Ferrari, why not consider them seriously. Just buy those hot wheels and deal with the consequences. You can contact garages that service sports/super cars and I am sure they will help you find a good sample. They will at least help you understand how it is to live with those cars in Bangalore and which ones to avoid, etc.

Or buy A45S for now and plan for a Porsche/Ferrari in near future. It's hard to justify the cost of new M5 after owning 530D. Just my personal opinion.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 08:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to buy an electric car, I want to buy a V8.
Fair enough and a wise decision. I’ve kept an open mind to a Taycan turbo if found in due time pre owned at a good price but then I’m certainly not selling my RS5. This would be a win win.
If I find a good turbo V8 I could consider selling the RS5 which is NA V8 only if the price is really worthwhile.

V8s are a dying breed and one must grab one or preserve one if possible.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 08:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

Re: Are OPF/GPF mandatory in India for German imports?

Quote:
Is this still the case, if I go for the new M5 Comp LCI I will get the pops and bangs?
It will be there but muted, I haven't driven the LCI so can't compare but you can have a look at this comparo. Also, the soft limiter is now at 4K at standstill, so there's only a little you can do. In motion, am sure E63 will be loud.

I watched this after a while (partially) and will 100% agree with the observations relating to the steering (15:45 onwards).

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have no horse in this race. I am just glad you went ahead and booked M5 over E63S. In my mind, M5 is the ultimate family sports sedan. Almost a 4 door super car, besides E63S just does not have the same ring to its name as the M5 - again purely personal opinion.
Somehow in all the recent design carnage going on at BMW, the 5 has been spared (may be for a short future, who knows) and I am so glad for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You'll be giggling in your sleep.
Fantastic. I am going to steal this quote and use it everywhere.
amol4184 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I really like the looks of M5 but have been driving the 530D for the last 3 and a half years.
I had a f10 520i for less than a year and a G30 530i for a year and I can tell you that the excitment of the new 530i faded as soon as I crossed 1000 Km's. I actually felt it to be boring many a times even after it being faster than anything I had owned in the past.

With the M5, there'd be hardly any special feeling when you're moving to the 80% same interiors/exteriors while paying thrice the amount. Have you driven the M8?

I'd go with GTO's advise - Ferrari.
You already said you go for meetings, nothing would come close to your presence in the board rooms
viren83 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 11:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Should I try the AMG this time or stick with what I really like that is the M5 comp.

This is very much a heart over mind decision. Close your eyes and ask yourself what car would you rather walk up to every morning and drive.

Forget everything and think about which car YOU want in your garage. It could be the M5, it could be the E63 AMG or it could be something entirely different.

If I had about 2 crore to spend on a sports car my first choice would be the Porsche 718 Boxter GTS 4.0 or 718 Spyder in Racing Yellow (400-420hp from a Naturally Aspirated Flat 6 in a 1400kg RWD Porsche convertible would be amazing) or you could also look the 911 range or the used car market.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 24th May 2022 at 12:09.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:18   #29

Quote:
I have booked a BMW M5 Competition and also like the AMG E63s. I am not able to decide which one to buy. Here is where I am stuck:

1. E63S is on air suspensions and very good ride quality while ride quality of M5 comp is not that great
2. M5 comp looks more sexy than the AMG

I really like the looks of M5 but have been driving the 530D for the last 3 and a half years.

Should I try the AMG this time or stick with what I really like that is the M5 comp.

Help appreciated.

Hi raz0r, I just noticed your thread and I'm replying based on my research and experince over the last year.

I was invited to NATRAX where I got to test drive the E63S, and was able to drive the M5C on Bangalore's "amazing" roads.

Here is my conclusion,
E63S - Better(softer) suspension, the fit and finish within the cabin is better, and a better sounding exhaust(hands down). The dials on the wheels look really cool/sporty. In general the inside of the E63S is better than M5C and steering felt nicer on this comapred to the M5C.

M5C - Bigger engine(4.2l) which results in a negligble increase in performance, better seats and wireless apple/android car play. Stiffer suspension that is suited for a race track that turns into a liability on our Bangalore roads.

I wanted one of these because this will be the last of the V8s ever produced. Going forward it'll be hybrid and then completely electric. So pick one up while you can.

Having lived with an AMG with low ground clearence I knew that I did not want to repeat the same mistake again, so point for E63s.
In sheer performance the M5C is definitely better, due to its stiffer suspernsion/handling around curves and more power, but lets be honest here, neither of us are going to truly exercise the full power of either of these cars on our roads and we arent going to be taking them to any track, so the advantage the M5C poses can never be experienced, but the softer/higher suspension on the E63S will make it a lot more useful on our roads and you will find the courage to take it out to more places without worrying. Even the
minor power advantage the M5C gives is something you will not notice in comparison to the E63S.

But finally, it boils down to you what you really want. The owner of the M5C that I met didn't care about the differences and he just wanted the most powerful and sporty V8, plus he seemed like a BMW fanboy. So, you decide, are looking for usability or are you going only for the sporty appeal.

I'm expecting my E63S by June.

P.S: the M5C has to be spec'd by you as they dont give many features that come by default on the E63S
blore_boy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 14:41   #30
BHPian

I have no experience to suggest you any of this cars to you. But as a layman I can tell you one thing.

You spent ~2Cr. and buys a M5, except few enthusiast, no one give it the attention on road, It will be considered like another BMW, with little bit of 'Modification'.
Heck, I consider myself as an enthusiast & car nut, even I am not able to digest the 2 Cr price tag on the M5.
If your purpose of the car is to avoid unwanted attention and enjoy the super car like thrills, M5 is the best option.

But if that's not the case, I suggest to go for the real deal. Get a proper sports car. It will scream for attention, but hey, that's the character of the car right?
And as some wise men said "You live only once"
Asish_VK is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks