Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 14:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Used 2020 BMW G30 530d vs New BMW 530d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_1408 View Post
Yes, they are the on-road prices for KA. Thanks for your input
Recommend you go for the 530i - the missing kit on the 530d is a downer. Of course, that is if you’re okay with the 4 vs 6 cylinder difference. In the city, you won’t be able to extract even 20% of either engine’s capability; on the highway, you’ll be doing silly speeds before the 4-pot runs out of breath. Plus it’s the ZF 8 speed which adds a thick layer of magic, reducing the difference between the 2 engines to negligible levels on the highway. If you’re worried about FE, think of the 8 lakhs difference which should be enough to cover you for your entire ownership period. Add an extended warranty and call it a day. Good luck !
Hashed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 15:58   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So I had the same exact dilemma in 2015 and i went for the 2015 530D used , I was lucky as i Got a 2015 car in 2017 used just 4500Kms, it was owned by a CTO of a large MNC in Bangalore, I went to his house agreed on the price and picked up the car! Its a beautiful car , the 6Cylnder will make sure you smile every time you pull it out, even in city from one signal to next! its just a breeze, total beauty and beast combo, Thoroughly enjoying the car.

However soon after I got the car, I had a Addition in the family and that means a car seat for travel, The car seat was not a fit for the 530d, the rear seat space gets gobbled up by the seat, its nothing compared to what my other car an Audi Q5 offers, so I kept using the Q5 . Today am on 18K kms for the 530D and now my kids with Granny , grand pa means I need a big car only, SO although my heart says keep the 530D my brain wants to sell it and go for the GLE 300D, i know, underpowered but its a best fit for rear seat space and cargo space.. SO am planning to sell both 530d and the Q5 .

Trust me the person who buys my cars will enjoy them a lot as I have taken care of them like a baby, new batteries, new tyres, PPF and clean and new from inside,

So I would say go for Used one, look at the condition, look at touch points, how clean or worn out they are and other check lists shared here and you can make an Informed decision.

I would say go for used one, unless the model you desire is not available in the used market. In that case you pay a premium, and first few years of ownership you are living the Onida theme, "Owners pride Neighbor's envy"
Old 25th November 2022, 08:53   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_1408 View Post
Good day, everyone!

I'm thrilled to be a part of Team BHP and to be starting my maiden thread.

I'm in my late thirties and looking for a luxury sedan with adequate horsepower.

I bought the LCI 530d brand new 9 months back as buying used was not an option in my case.

These are the key differences between the pre LCI and LCI G30 530d

What's missing on the Pre-LCI model
1. New M-sport body kit
2. New front headlights(Laser)
3. New tail lamps (Looks better than the pre LCI
4. New i-drive
5. New instrument cluster (You'll have to check which one is installed in the one available to you as the newer instrument cluster was offered before the LCI was launched)
6. Wireless Apple Carplay(full screen) and wireless Android Auto
7. Space saver spare wheel in the boot.

What's missing on the (new) LCI G30 530d
1.Wireless charging pad
2.No rear entertainment screens.
3.Limited to only 2 color options (Carbon Black and Alpine White)

Apart from these things the LCI and Pre LCI are more or less the same cars.
The newer LCI model comes with 360 camera and the display key with R/C parking as standard , The display key now needs to be charged with a small USB cable supplied with the car instead of just dropping the keys on the wireless charging pad as in the pre LCI.

The used 2020 car that's been driven just 12000kms is a relatively new car in my opinion as i've already driven mine 13570kms as of last night in 9 months

Since you have an option for going for the used 2020 pre-LCI here is what i would have done in your shoes.

Firstly, take the car to an authorised BMW workshop , there they will be able to give the exact history of the car and you can even get the car checked by anyone you trust the most. Once satisfied with the car , go ahead and purchase it. Then, as this particular car is out of warranty you can add the missing bits to the car. The new body kit , LCI headlights (Without laser lights) and Tail lamps are available in the retrofit market and you can also order OEM parts for the LCI conversion , Wired carplay with full screen can be coded to the older idrive. This way you'll end up with a pre-LCI G30 530d that looks EXACTLY like the LCI model on the outside with an older idrive with a smaller screen and maybe an older instrument cluster but with 2 rear entertainment screens at the back and a wireless charging pad in the front as bonus on the inside. On top of that you'll be saving a lot of money and since you are considering a brand new 530d too , I think from your savings on the deal you'll still be able to add a brand new VW Virtus GT line to your garage with money left to get both cars PPF'd too

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th November 2022 at 08:58.
toofastfoyou is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 05:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastfoyou View Post
The new body kit , LCI headlights (Without laser lights) and Tail lamps are available in the retrofit market and you can also order OEM parts for the LCI conversion , Wired carplay with full screen can be coded to the older idrive. This way you'll end up with a pre-LCI G30 530d that looks EXACTLY like the LCI model on the outside with an older idrive with a smaller screen and maybe an older instrument cluster but with 2 rear entertainment screens at the back and a wireless charging pad in the front as bonus on the inside.
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Car Craft rear tail lights or any of their lights? I see the LCI version on Amazon and their website for 70k a pair. I believe OEM cost around 1.4L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks