Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 22:55   #46
BHPian

re: Looking at buying a Range Rover Velar | Need advice | EDIT: Got the BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Actually features are disappearing. I was shocked to learn that X5 doesn't come with SKYROOF anymore (spec sheet attached)
Thats shocking! I went to see X5 day before in the showroom and the sales person did not update on anything like that. He showed me 40i Msport which was there in the showroom and told me this exact specs car will be ordered and delivered. Thanks for sharing, I will def. recheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Any idea on size of discounts on the X5 M40i petrol?
No discounts whatsoever. When I pushed them, max what they could offer was 75k.
Old 21st September 2022, 23:09   #47
BHPian

Latest update : We went to see X5 a day before and too our surprise, me and my better half somewhat liked the car this time. Although the price of Msport is too high but somehow we are now getting more inclined towards X5, incase the deal with RR guy does not materialise.

Here are the shortlisted options(in the same order)

1) RR Sport
2) X5 40i Msport
3) Q8 Celebration

P.S. After the arrival of X5 in the list, Q8 is a distant third and I don't think Audi would be making a comeback, but still I am keeping it in the list till one of the other two car is booked
ddndrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:50   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Each of us is wired differently. Some are happy to be pragmatic. Some prefer to be understated. Some like exclusivity. If my reading between the lines is accurate, you should go for RR. It's head and shoulders above the options from the German big three. Spending big money just to come out as a pragmatic person is.. ummm.. uninspiring!

The only downside to buying RR Sport is the alleged reliability track record, which you need to assess by speaking to owners and spending some time reading through the RR forums. A product near end-of-sale tends to be a mature product without gremlins. You might to discuss extended warranty as part of the deal.

Prices are not going to come down ever. No discounts either. All luxury brands changed their strategy of trying to grow the market size through discounts. Weak INR and general inflation will only make things worse. I was looking for an E-Class and chanced upon a great deal on S-Class (W221, 2012) and pounced on it. I can never afford an S-Class with the current and future prices.

I like BMW cars but they are not usually such a great choice if you are going to use it mainly within the city. Maybe a back-to-back test drive might help you make the right decision.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 11:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Each of us is wired differently. Some are happy to be pragmatic. Some prefer to be understated. Some like exclusivity. If my reading between the lines is accurate, you should go for RR. It's head and shoulders above the options from the German big three. Spending big money just to come out as a pragmatic person is.. ummm.. uninspiring!

The only downside to buying RR Sport is the alleged reliability track record, which you need to assess by speaking to owners and spending some time reading through the RR forums. A product near end-of-sale tends to be a mature product without gremlins. You might to discuss extended warranty as part of the deal.

Prices are not going to come down ever. No discounts either. All luxury brands changed their strategy of trying to grow the market size through discounts. Weak INR and general inflation will only make things worse. I was looking for an E-Class and chanced upon a great deal on S-Class (W221, 2012) and pounced on it. I can never afford an S-Class with the current and future prices.

I like BMW cars but they are not usually such a great choice if you are going to use it mainly within the city. Maybe a back-to-back test drive might help you make the right decision.
Thanks for your advice Androdev, highly appreciated! Yes, the priority currently is the RR Sport and hopefully I should be able to close it by tmrw.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I will keep you guys posted
ddndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:50   #50
BHPian

Hi ddndrive,
Any update on your purchase and experience afterwards with the car/sales/service?
Currently I am driving a BMW 6GT 620, 2020 model.
I am also in a similar boat as the op, but now I am leaning towards the defender as RR Sport will be too expensive at 2CR with poor reliability.

I will be driving in the city mostly but want to get my hands on a Rover and I feel this is the most different/interesting car I can get from them around the 1-1.5cr budget.

What would you guys suggest, I am not considering a BMW as I have had BMW's for 15 years now.
Mercedes GLS was Meh. Nothing in the back and nothing in the front.
X7 LCI doesn't look exciting.

No idea what to do.
Old 5th October 2022, 01:35   #51
BHPian

Update: So guys its a Bimmer again. Booked the X5 M sport version yesterday after a long thought over the last few weeks. Although the M Sport is priced little on the higher side but after test driving all the cars and thinking on all other parameters, this seemed to be the best choice in this price range.

I would like to Thank everyone for their suggestions

I have booked the Carbon black colour with Cognac interiors. Since this color is dark blue/black combo, I am planning to go for a PPF coating or something similar to protect the paint from scratches.
Any suggestions as to whether I should go for a PPF or a Ceramic coating. Also, does PPF actually help protecting the paint from scratches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Hi ddndrive,
Any update on your purchase and experience afterwards with the car/sales/service?
Hi Morphin, I did not go for the RR Sport. The experience with the sales team was not good at all. Let me share one incident with you...

Once I decided to book the vehicle, I wanted to check the vehicle details before booking and I asked for the VIN number from the SA but to my surprise he refused to share the same. He said, first I need to book the car by transferring Rs. 5 lac(non-refundable) and then they will share the VIN Number.
I told him, its fine I will transfer the amount right away but what if I don't like or feel satisfied with that particular car ,to which he replied "Sir once you have done the booking, you will have no option but to buy that car only" . I told him in that case I will have to see the car first and he said "Sir we don't have that policy", he tried convincing me that it a brand new car and that I will never have this golden opportunity again and bla bla(he was behaving as if I was not buying the car but the dealership was gifting me the car for free).

However, Since the Land rovers are know for their poor reliability, I was very clear, I would not go ahead without seeing the car in person, hence I stuck to the same to which he finally said that he will get back to me.
He did not revert back for 24 hours and when I called him, he said, "sir you took lot of time to book the car and now someone has booked it and it is no more available".

Honestly, I was happy that I did not come under their pressure and booked the car as to me it seemed as something was not right, else why any dealership would have so many restrictions on just showing the car to a customer, specially when they knew that I was genuine customer.

Last edited by ddndrive : 5th October 2022 at 01:37.
ddndrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 06:23   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
I have booked the Carbon black colour with Cognac interiors. Since this color is dark blue/black combo, I am planning to go for a PPF coating or something similar to protect the paint from scratches.
Any suggestions as to whether I should go for a PPF or a Ceramic coating. Also, does PPF actually help protecting the paint from scratches?
Congratulations!

Carbon black is my favourite and one of the best colours on X5. Cognac goes well with this too. How much delivery time they offered to you?

PPF will be a good option. Yes, it does help not just from light scratches but also helps in case of small speed collisions. If this is going to be your daily drive get PPF. If not, than a coating will do. I can recommend these guys for Coating.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post5398660 (Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi))

They have started PPF too, but I have no experience. In the past, I have heard good reviews about Xpel.

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-instal...elhi-ncr/delhi
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 12:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congratulations!
Carbon black is my favourite and one of the best colours on X5. Cognac goes well with this too. How much delivery time they offered to you?
Thank you Turbanator Yes Carbon black looks amazing on X5. I was never comfortable taking a darker shade due to the extra care that it requires but after seeing this shade, I just couldn't say no to this color.

Regarding the delivery, my loan process has started and the car should be delivered in next 5-6 days as the dealership received the car in their stockyard last week. I also checked the VIN online and the production date is 16/09/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
PPF will be a good option. Yes, it does help not just from light scratches but also helps in case of small speed collisions. If this is going to be your daily drive get PPF. If not, than a coating will do. I can recommend these guys for Coating.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post5398660 (Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi))

They have started PPF too, but I have no experience. In the past, I have heard good reviews about Xpel.

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-instal...elhi-ncr/delhi
Thanks for the links. I will def get in touch with them

Last edited by ddndrive : 5th October 2022 at 13:07.
Old 6th October 2022, 11:44   #54
BHPian

Hi Guys, I need a quick help! Since the car that I have booked is in their stockyard from last few days, one of my friends suggested to plan a visit at their stockyard and check the car there. I never gave it a thought as we always do our own PDI(thanks to team-bhp) before taking the delivery of the car.

Shall I go and check the car now or only once all the paper work is done and do the PDI which all of us do before taking the delivery of the car?
Old 6th October 2022, 12:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never gave it a thought as we always do our own PDI(thanks to team-bhp) before taking the delivery of the car.

Shall I go and check the car now or only once all the paper work is done and do the PDI which all of us do before taking the delivery of the car
Please go to the stockyard now and do a once over of the car, a PDI is extremely important before giving an all clear to the showroom for the registration formalities. Of course you will need to check the car at delivery also but nothing much can be done after it’s registered to your name.

Congratulations and all the best.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 00:08   #56
BHPian

Hi Everyone, so I got the delivery of my X5 this week and the joy of driving the same is unmatched .

@Mods: Kindly edit the thread : Got the BMW X5

Thank you everyone for helping me in making my decision.
ddndrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 00:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone, so I got the delivery of my X5 this week and the joy of driving the same is unmatched
Congratulations again ddndrive! Photographs buddy, photographs, it’s mandatory when you post you have taken delivery

Cheers
Old 16th October 2022, 11:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Congratulations again ddndrive! Photographs buddy, photographs, it’s mandatory when you post you have taken delivery

Cheers
Thanks dear! I am yet to take few pics of the car, will post them soon
Old 30th June 2023, 23:35   #59

Re: Looking at buying a Range Rover Velar | Need advice | EDIT: Got the BMW X5

Quote:
Thanks dear! I am yet to take few pics of the car, will post them soon

@ddndrive, congratulations. We're still waiting on the photos. I'm in the same boat right now, but I'm not in a hurry and will wait for some new models. I'm also looking for Velar, but after reading the reviews, I'm even more puzzled.
Old 28th August 2023, 16:18   #60
BHPian

Re: Looking at buying a Range Rover Velar | Need advice | EDIT: Got the BMW X5

I'm thinking of getting the facelifted Velar, MY 2023. The styling has got me hooked even though it's a little short on power.

Help needed to make a decision on Diesel (Mild Hybrid) or Petrol. My friend in Autocar India was of the opinion that Diesel should not be a problem for the coming 10 years or so as these are all modern BS6 compliant engines, but I'm still a little confused.

Pricing being almost the same, it's a lot less driving trips to the gas station. I like having a car that gives a good average, rather than something that guzzles and you're always thinking about the consumption, while driving with a heavy foot.

Having said that, my usage will not cross 5000 kms a year.

Please advise.

Most Viewed