Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Honda Accord V6 VS Toyota Camry Vs Opel Vectra - Which Is the best(i Need Advice)
Camry? 6 10.91%
vectra? 8 14.55%
accord? 41 74.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2005, 07:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
does it???! I don't know about this but Overdrive themselves have specified that Skoda Octavia RS is the first and only car to reach 100kmph inside 9 seconds.
Call up Rush, ask him for the video. LOL

When OD got that 9.92 from the Vtec, they'd clearly mentioned that the car was running on 44 psi (tyre pressure) due to a faulty gauge, on bad fuel which made the car knock and ping and that it was raining throughout the test, so they weren't able to get an ideal condition for testing the car.

Rush did a 8.93 right in front of us. This was using the Gtech pro which is pretty accurate.

Shan2nu
Old 4th January 2005, 11:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

hmmm...then it maybe, I said that because OD said that.
Old 4th January 2005, 14:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Is This A Vtec Thread Or What ??????
Old 4th January 2005, 14:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

is Rush's Vtec completely stock?!?

If its not stock then
  • we are only talking about stock cars.
  • you cannot ignore the Camry v/s Accord V6 ACI test results.
  • Skoda RS is the first car to complete 100kmph under 9 seconds.
  • Corolla can do 100kmph in 9.07secs.

If it is stock then
  • ACI results are to be questioned.
  • we will have to wait for OD to test the Camry A/T
  • Skoda RS is not the first car to reach 100 under 9 seconds
  • Corolla can do 100kmph in 9.8 seconds.

Last edited by Gordon : 4th January 2005 at 14:13.
Old 4th January 2005, 14:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Stick to the point in the thread guys - vectra or accord or camry - that was the original question rite ?? gosh I almost forgot in all this VTECING !!

Last edited by Stratos : 4th January 2005 at 14:13.
Old 4th January 2005, 14:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Stick to the point in the thread guys - vectra or accord or camry - that was the original question rite ?? gosh I almost forgot in all this VTECING !!
Guyz..its better if v dont bring arguments about other cars in this thread which is about Vectra - Accord - Camry!
Old 4th January 2005, 14:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thread moved to What Car?
Old 4th January 2005, 14:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is Rush's Vtec completely stock?!?
It's bone stock all the way to the tyres. So ACI's timings can be questioned. I don't trust them.

I'm awaiting OD's figures for the Camry. If they manage similar figures, then Toyota will be credited.

Quote:
Sorry guys, but old habbits die hard. Especially when it's as exciting as the Vtec. hehe

The only Vtec, you'll here about on this topic henceforth, will be that of the Accords.

Shan2nu
Old 7th January 2005, 20:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Ok i got the Jan issue of OD. According to them the Camry A/T does 100 in 12.23 secs, as expected. Accord V6 is 9.58 and the A/T Accord 2.4 is 11.37.

Shan2nu
Old 7th January 2005, 22:09   #55
Team-BHP Support

0-100? Is this really a big subject? How does it matter if one car is doing couple seconds faster than it's competition? I've done this 0-100 bit in less than 10 sec...and engine is not even 5000km old

The choices are very different here. I don't buy the fact that people go for these car (topic mentioned cars) on 0-100 sprint performance. It's the total package that counts. Especially in that segment. Period.
Old 7th January 2005, 22:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
The choices are very different here. I don't buy the fact that people go for these car (topic mentioned cars) on 0-100 sprint performance. It's the total package that counts. Especially in that segment. Period.
Totally agreed on it Rudra. A normal person will not see all these parameters of 0-100s and topspeed while buying a car. Its comfort, looks, size which matters to him. Will launching a car at a little less seconds than the other car ruin his prestige?? NO!
Old 7th January 2005, 22:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

What car or what a car?

Guy's,

Completely agree with Rudra and Stratos a car is nothing but a package which is not just abt 0-100 timings, if that was the case why didn't people go for the Rover Montego in its times???

I am yet to hear someone who says I love taking off one my camry/accord/vectra (or Optra in that matter coz its also of the same class) each time I stop at the signal? and yeah not to forget I love doing 0-10 in that stop and go traffic conditions of today.

And Junta please remember V-tec is just one tiny bit of technology if you talk about car's so can we please keep it out as v-techning is best with those who love everything packaged (Please note: PACKAGED)(other than those who can blow money on proving that V-Teching can only get better). The Wankel Rotary Engine is a much better technology where I still hear of people and tuner's saying that a 1.3 has enough juice to be modded upto a 1000bhp but does it matter ? NO coz it is not here in India.

How many of us on this group even do a 100 on a day to day basis. And how many would prefer the LOVELY sound of the engine / heat of the engine / tyre sound / sparse interiors to a PERFECT package.

Let's be clear here the discussion is like the title I put to this post "WHAT CAR" vs. "WHAT A CAR"
Old 8th January 2005, 00:01   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

hey psycho
u have a point there
anyway
as an overall package the accord V6 is still a winner
the camry a close (because of its price)
hey guys
we also have to remember price and OK driver pleasure when we vote unless its an owner driven car ONLY
a person willing to spend so much and wanting a drivers car would obviously go for the mondeo - no doubt there . the accord VTEC and V6 arent exactly drivers cars
Old 8th January 2005, 08:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
And Junta please remember V-tec is just one tiny bit of technology if you talk about car's so can we please keep it out as v-techning is best with those who love everything packaged (Please note: PACKAGED)(other than those who can blow money on proving that V-Teching can only get better). The Wankel Rotary Engine is a much better technology where I still hear of people and tuner's saying that a 1.3 has enough juice to be modded upto a 1000bhp but does it matter ? NO coz it is not here in India.
Let's be clear here the discussion is like the title I put to this post "WHAT CAR" vs. "WHAT A CAR"
Nicely written there mate!! Totally agree with u!!!
Old 8th January 2005, 11:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

yup, its the whole package that counts.

0-100, 0-60 AND Top Speed is completely at the bottom of the list of the considerations when the buyer is looking for a car. The main things [not in order] that go are comfort, maintenence, how many people in the family and how many would fit it, the car would be used for what purpose, warranty, brand also counts sometimes, mileage, features of the car like power-steering, a/c, deck, etc. Then comes the 0-60, 0-100 and top speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks