Team-BHP - A used W124 E250D? EDIT : Now bought. Thanks!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   A used W124 E250D? EDIT : Now bought. Thanks! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/26734-used-w124-e250d-edit-now-bought-thanks-3.html)

Great looking tank. Congrats! Look after her properly.

Congratulations on your Buy. Enjoy the ownership experience. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 555758)
One thing, get good shoes for her and dont go up on rimsize.

Gogi ji, out of curiosity, why is this so? Is it the suspension or something else specific to the W124?

Regards

Congrats !!! Suggest u discreetly tie a lemon + chilly on a thread to the bumper to ward off evil eyes.. All of us are green with envy :)

Nice car! You have a wonderful approach. most of us have never thought this way! Hope all goes as you planned!

w124 for 4.5 lakhs ...:)
dude u got great deal !! nice beautiful car..

Quote:

Originally Posted by E250Dreamcar (Post 555394)
I now have to deal with people who shake their heads at my purchase, muttering to themselves "What a foolish purchase! He will learn his lesson when the maintenance costs come"...

Don't worry about such guys. I've read a lot, gone through numerous websites and talked to many owners. The W124 E- Class IS the most reliable used car you can buy from any luxury car maker anywhere in the world.
Congratulations.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 556484)
Congratulations on your Buy. Enjoy the ownership experience. :)
Gogi ji, out of curiosity, why is this so? Is it the suspension or something else specific to the W124?

Regards

Sort of Manveet. You may go wider but its not advisable to go higher higher. When you go higher you lower the profile of the tyres. The higher you go the profile goes more slender which affects the suspension and the ride and fuel economy. The car came with 195s but you may go as wide as 225, though 205s are the best bet for suspension and economy.
Going on an upsize of rims, involves the suspension which to my opinion is not recommended

Great buy. I was looking for a used diesel and I asked whether its totally stupid to buy a 4-5 yr old C. Obviously not.

Any suggestions on where to look for a used C/E in Bangalore?

:: a million bows ::
hats off to you for pulling that off without any speedbreakers....
i had a friend's white e250D for a day and i can safely say that it was one eye-opener. the kind of attention and respect u get getting out of a merc is unparalleled. no swift, optra, skoda or honda can match that....plus the w124s were pure tanks. much superior to the w210s as far as build was concerned.
great decision, without a shadow of doubt...
God bless you and the Merc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumar2007 (Post 558364)
Great buy. I was looking for a used diesel and I asked whether its totally stupid to buy a 4-5 yr old C. Obviously not.

Any suggestions on where to look for a used C/E in Bangalore?

The W124 E Class and W140 S Class are built like a tank and the most reliable Mercs, where as the C is not at all reliable, has many electronic problems, dont even think of buying a 4 - 5 year old C, the most problematic C's were 2001 batch ones, they kept on having electronic glitches.

How do I go about trying to get a W124 Diesel? Maintenance/service issues? PRICE?

Congratulations!!

Take care of her and keep us posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha (Post 559649)
How do I go about trying to get a W124 Diesel? Maintenance/service issues? PRICE?

There's one in Delhi for sale that I know of. '98 or '99 E250D, Black, Auto, done about 65k kms approx. Price is 5.5L & is a well maintained car.

Hey E250Dreamcar or Mods,

You mention in your post about Kleancar and Ameet Thakker. I am also in talks with Ameet Thakker but I could not verify any credentials about this company (Kleancars India). I searched the web and found myfirstmerc.com has a good inventory of used C. E and S cars.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has dealt with this dealer?

Coming to my story, I am interested in buying a 2003 AMG C200 CDI from him, his quote is 16 L (No warranty). I havent as yet started my Negotiation with him because I am still in US but when I return home to India I intend to pursue this. Could you guys let me know if its worthwhile pursuing this?

Thanks for your help,
Dyx