Team-BHP - A used W124 E250D? EDIT : Now bought. Thanks!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   A used W124 E250D? EDIT : Now bought. Thanks! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/26734-used-w124-e250d-edit-now-bought-thanks-5.html)

Is it a 220 Petrol or 250 Diesel? By the price, looks like a petrol. If you are serious take a look at Mercs from Mumbai, they sell for 50% of Bangalore prices and you get a wider choice.

3K/Yr run, these cars are designed to run and it may not be worth while paying a premium for low mileage cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandishpal (Post 1477570)
i have come across a very pristine w124 98 model in bangalore.the car has run geniune 35k with service records.the interior feels like new with no cracks on the steeering wheel or the gear knob.i am telling you this because most of them had it.the owner quotes 6.5 for it and is not ready to negotiate.is it worh buying the car?

this is a petrol.i know the price is a little high.i saw atleast a couple & this was the best.people at Mercedes in Bangalore told me that they can certify that this is the best(w124) car in the town.prices in bangalore are always higher then any other city in the country.

@nandishpal. 6.5 for a w124 seems to be a LOT higher -- even considering bangalore prices. BUT then that's just my opinion based on my research. I too have been looking for a w124/w201 for some time now.

@khan sultan what should be the price according to you?& what do you think i should do to crack the deal? :)

I think a W124 E220 in excellent condition should go for MAX 3.5L - 4.0L. That would include full service history, spotless interior/exterior, mechanically sound and 1st owner.

A E-250D should come for TOPS 4.5L - 5.0L -- again in EXCELLENT condition.

Do note that in the past 1 year the prices of w124 have dropped like a stone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1478048)
I think a W124 E220 in excellent condition should go for MAX 3.5L - 4.0L. That would include full service history, spotless interior/exterior, mechanically sound and 1st owner.

A E-250D should come for TOPS 4.5L - 5.0L -- again in EXCELLENT condition.

Do note that in the past 1 year the prices of w124 have dropped like a stone.

I agree. The E250D that I have put in the previous page is for sale and the owner is asking on the same lines. The suspension has been done up and you get a lot of accessories too, like headlamps, mirrors et all.

I wont tell you where that car is though. I need it and I am selfish.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandishpal (Post 1477570)
i have come across a very pristine w124 98 model in bangalore.the car has run geniune 35k with service records.the interior feels like new with no cracks on the steeering wheel or the gear knob.i am telling you this because most of them had it.the owner quotes 6.5 for it and is not ready to negotiate.is it worh buying the car?

For petrol its too high. Is it dealer or owner?

MEthinks the guy will soon get a reality check and come down.

@mpower it is a owners car.i also have the same feeling that he would come down may be in some time.but trust me i dont want to miss on this car.i havent seen a better e220 then this.the best part he has stuffs that i like,2 OE keys,original manual & also the invoice.stepney never used.just awesome.the more i think about it i go bonkers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandishpal (Post 1478442)
@mpower it is a owners car.i also have the same feeling that he would come down may be in some time.but trust me i dont want to miss on this car.i havent seen a better e220 then this.the best part he has stuffs that i like,2 OE keys,original manual & also the invoice.stepney never used.just awesome.the more i think about it i go bonkers.

I think I know about this car, is it silver with black leather interior ? does this car have recently installed Blaupunkt and new tiers? If yes, I have heard about this car, and techs at MB@BLR swear by it. I have not seen it, but I trust the senior tech here. It was on sale for more than a year for 7.5. Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who said owner was offered 6.25 but he is stuck on 6.5.

From my experience and opinion in these cars interiors is most important, un-tampered interior is worth the premium. From what I know owner knows current prices.

@nandishpal, if you like the car I think you should go for it after getting it evaluated. But again remember the car is **old** so you will have expense coming @ you in year or two for parts that needs changing due to age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandishpal (Post 1478442)

@Nandish : If you like it, just go for it. After all, owning a Merc is not a cheap proposition and I think you are prepared to spend few more lakhs for the maintenance in the next years, so 1 to 2 lakhs here and there won't matter in the beginning. What is most important is you liked the car.
I have been seeing so many W124s in town, but nothing seems to click.

you are right phantom lord.its the same car.but the point is 6.5 is very expensive ,you can own a 2001 or 2002 c class for around 10 to 11 lakhs & it is relatively new also.i am a kind of guy who likes to change cars in a year or two & dont want to lose alot of money as cars are available for half the prices in the market,
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomLord (Post 1480427)
I think I know about this car, is it silver with black leather interior ? does this car have recently installed Blaupunkt and new tiers? If yes, I have heard about this car, and techs at MB@BLR swear by it. I have not seen it, but I trust the senior tech here. It was on sale for more than a year for 7.5. Just yesterday I was speaking to someone who said owner was offered 6.25 but he is stuck on 6.5.

From my experience and opinion in these cars interiors is most important, un-tampered interior is worth the premium. From what I know owner knows current prices.

@nandishpal, if you like the car I think you should go for it after getting it evaluated. But again remember the car is **old** so you will have expense coming @ you in year or two for parts that needs changing due to age.

its not the money here ravindra,the car might be good but the premium is always 50k,paying 2 lakhs extra for a good car is foolishness.as you can see khan-sultan has also mentioned the ongoing prices.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravindra M (Post 1481269)
@Nandish : If you like it, just go for it. After all, owning a Merc is not a cheap proposition and I think you are prepared to spend few more lakhs for the maintenance in the next years, so 1 to 2 lakhs here and there won't matter in the beginning. What is most important is you liked the car.
I have been seeing so many W124s in town, but nothing seems to click.

@nandishpal, if you plan to change the car in a year or two then its not worth it, this fits the bill for who plan to keep the car for long/life time. I feel purchasing W124 or any old mercs to keep it for 1 or 2 years may back fire because of poor re-sale value and costly repair.

Please do not buy a Mercedes Benz if you want to sell it in a Year or Two.

btw How do you drive your cars ? Mostly people who drive rashly change their cars very early.
If you are rash driver then please do not but this W124 as it is claimed to be maintained well; let someone else buy it who will cherish it for a long time. :)

hey brother,i just did not understand your point that people who drive rash change their car in a year or two :D i like to change cars in every year or two because my life span is maximum of 70 years,in which 35 years(out of 24 hrs 12 hrs is for sleeping i am goin to sleep.so i have only 35 years in hand.got my Driver's license at 18,so i have only 17 years to enjoy my driving life.in which if i stick on to one car will i make justice to this birth of mine which has been given to drive.so i take things this way.lol: so many cars & no time bahuth na insaafi hai
one more thing drop in any time to judge how i maintain my cars & bikes.be the judge & give me a verdict.
Quote:

Originally Posted by supercars (Post 1492200)
Please do not buy a Mercedes Benz if you want to sell it in a Year or Two.

btw How do you drive your cars ? Mostly people who drive rashly change their cars very early.
If you are rash driver then please do not but this W124 as it is claimed to be maintained well; let someone else buy it who will cherish it for a long time. :)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.