Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 01:55   #76
BHPian

Re: New Mercedes E-Class Vs Used Mercedes S-Class

Congratulations on getting home an Epitome of Luxury!
Undeniably this is a great reward for you and your family for all the challenges that you overcame in Life.
Have a great journey and time in clocking miles on your odo.
Starwar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 02:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I think weak/strong AC has more to do with how climate control is programmed. In some cars setting the temp to 25 deg C feels very cold and in other cars you need to go to 19 dec C to start feeling cold. Sometimes incorrect ambient temperature measurement can also affect the AC performance. If you are willing to ignore the displayed temperature and just set it to a number that's comfortable, most premium cars will work just fine as they certainly have the required hardware. The temperature setting I use is different in each of my cars but the actual temperature-by-feel maintained is nearly the same.
7 series does have a week A/C. My cousin just bough MY2024 7 Series and A/C is week for us even by Mid-Atlantic standard. Same with my 2023 X7 LCI. Just one word: Horrible A/C.

One can make it little better by going in complex climate menu and changing the A/C to optimized. But even then, it just does not work as expected during summer months.
Nitrous Power is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 02:41   #78
BHPian

You mentioned you booked the car in December 2023 and got delivery on 4th January. Did you get a 2024 manufactured car or a 2023 one ? I hope you got 2024 but seems unlikely.
adasisthefuture is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:01   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
WOW! What a start to your 2024! Car looks amazing in black, always been a dream to have one or sit in one. Hope I can fulfill it one day. Congratulations on the new car
Thank you Sir This has been a dream-come-true for our family too. Thank God for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Congratulations on the S. Amazing colour choice for an executive car. Enjoy the miles ahead. Apart from the ac, what other features appealed to you on the S vs the 7.
Thank you Sir

The first impression would definitely be better for 7 compared to S. You get features that were unheard-of in other cars. You get a 40 inch (I think) 8K Screen (Yes. 8K not 4K) which swivels down at the push of a button which will drop your jaws down with its impressive clarity. Then you have an advanced sunroof with thin lights all across - you can change the colors on that and even the pattern too. Looks really futuristic.

And the party trick was that the car could memorize up to 500m (that's what the SA told me) of road and how you drive on it. You can save this and the car can reverse on its own at the touch of a button. He demonstrated that by taking us through a very narrow road filled with auto-rickshaws and bikes for roughly 300m and then pressed the button to take us back. It navigated us around these obstacles without any input on the steering or accelerator. The SA was turning around and talking to us this whole time. And finally the handling. The 5.3m long car felt like a Go-Kart. That good was the handling.

However, in the S, you don't get any of these, but there were many intangible factors which added up to make the S feel more desirable. Like how the seat is placed at the right angle, the seats being much larger, massages feeling better, more airy cabin, better ride, better A/C, seat material feeling softer, and better noise insulation. Speaking of noise insulation, the diesel S felt more refined than the petrol 7.

Also, when you drive a 7, you feel like you want to take it to a 160kmph and you are thrilled but absolutely confident. However, the S makes you want to stick to 100 kmph max and makes you want to enjoy the drive. Both are good in their own ways.

Apologies for such a long reply, as I wasn't sure how to compare them in fewer words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Congrats @Ashar. Black + Merc feels ultra luxury!

Also, I wonder if you had thought about GLS facelift and any reason not to go for a SUV?
This car is primarily for my dad. He loves sedans and dislikes every other body style - hatchback, notchback, SUV, MPV, etc. He always says sedans, in general, look elegant while SUVs look rugged, and that he prefers elegance.

I wanted him to try out the GLS and X7, as I like them very much. But he out-rightly refused even a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
Congratulations on getting home an Epitome of Luxury!
Thank you very much Sir! It is indeed a dream-come-true for our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasisthefuture View Post
You mentioned you booked the car in December 2023 and got delivery on 4th January. Did you get a 2024 manufactured car or a 2023 one ? I hope you got 2024 but seems unlikely.
No Sir. It's an MY 2023 vehicle. But we didn't bother much about it as we usually keep the cars as long as they last. Our C-class is now 11 years old and has clocked 1.15 lakh km. And we still plan to keep it. Hope it lasts as long as we wish.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th January 2024 at 18:41. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Ashar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 17:35   #80
BHPian

For a 2023 model there should have been more discount. But nevertheless buying S class and discount doesn't come in one sentence hey. Enjoy the ride and luxury.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks